• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hylians 1 day old MK. *Updated*

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Lol at you using the cape glitch. That's not fair to ZSS now is it? :D

You used Upb in some weird places sometimes and you tried to gimp with it too much IMO. You gotta be careful using Dtilt to dash grab if the Dtilt doesn't trip. I didn't see any nado at all... And that's all the criticism I have. Go get Dojo and have him critique you.

cutter

Smash Champion
Looks like MK claims another victim. :p

I literally ROFLed so hard when you were using the infinite cape glitch.

Other than that, I agree with DMG; I would use the tornado every now and then for free damage. Obviously don't rely on it but there's nothing wrong with using it. Also; Ftilt is amazing. Great range, great for racking up damage and excellent at refreshing Dsmashes and Up Bs.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Hylian seems to like playing with everyone so it's not surprising he's picking up MK lol

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Your Meta Knight looks pretty good so far from what I can see. *looks at all the characters you use* *Hides Sonic and Yoshi behind my back* You're not getting to them just yet! lol.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Meh. I can manage without much nado :).

I will use it more I guess though.

And I am updating the OP with some more vids.

AlbelsPanties

Smash Cadet
Haha, you should play him at the tourney coming up in Oklahoma. I look forward to getting my *** handed to me.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Haha, you should play him at the tourney coming up in Oklahoma. I look forward to getting my *** handed to me.
By then, I will probably just be playing random lol.

Ulevo

Smash Master
Hylian, I really like your Meta Knight. It has a very unique playstyle, and I love the way you strategically force your opponents off stage with throws and edge guard with Shuttle Loop. Very effective, and yet quite stylish I must say. The only thing you need for your Meta Knight is more experience and you'll be ace. :)

One thing I'd like to mention though. You're very reflexive with the DTilt - Dash Grab. Try to be a little more observant, as I see you do it out of habit a few times in each of your videos. That will cost you against someone paying attention. Actually, if you're paying attention enough, you can mind game well with the DTilt and follow it up with Shuttle Loop or Fair if they don't trip.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, I really like your Meta Knight. It has a very unique playstyle, and I love the way you strategically force your opponents off stage with throws and edge guard with Shuttle Loop. Very effective, and yet quite stylish I must say. The only thing you need for your Meta Knight is more experience and you'll be ace. :)

One thing I'd like to mention though. You're very reflexive with the DTilt - Dash Grab. Try to be a little more observant, as I see you do it out of habit a few times in each of your videos. That will cost you against someone paying attention. Actually, if you're paying attention enough, you can mind game well with the DTilt and follow it up with Shuttle Loop or Fair if they don't trip.
Thanks a lot man :). I like to stand out haha.

And that is great advice :). I will keep it in mind.

I am currently working on my stage control with MK :). I've been testing some things with ledgecanceling on BF and it's going pretty well :).

Also, I use the infinite cape glitch so I have proof why it's broken. I can make it pretty obvious lol. I will try to get some matches against opponents of my skill soon so lets hope that goes well for me :).

Any advice that isn't mindless is much appriciated :).

M@v

Subarashii!

I am currently working on my stage control with MK :). I've been testing some things with ledgecanceling on BF and it's going pretty well :).

Also, I use the infinite cape glitch so I have proof why it's broken. I can make it pretty obvious lol. I will try to get some matches against opponents of my skill soon so lets hope that goes well for me :).

I didnt see you use it on the shuttle loops you did, but do you know about the glide attack to lagless anything combo you can do?(im assuming thats a yes). As long as you use the glide attack right above the ground. Like I noticed a couple times you just landed with shuttle loop, and got up normally. You could go shuttle loop---- glide attack-----tornado, fsmash, anything. its such a useful follow up to shuttle loop, i usually use tornado or dsmash out of the glide attack.

cutter

Smash Champion
Again Hylian, Ftilt is a move I like a lot. Great range, racks up damage fast, and it's amazing at refreshing MK's stale moves so your shuttle loops, glide attacks, Dsmashes, and Dairs are back at full strength.

Hell I use him all the time as a secondary. MK is a plague.

Ulevo

Smash Master

Hm... One thing I've picked up on recently. Using backwards stutter stepped FSmash is pretty good, but only in certain match ups where range isn't so tight and you're not totally outspaced by say DK. Just slam the control stick backwards, and C Stick in the direction your opponent is in. It will space you backwards and act as a retreat to dodge attacks while your FSmash punishes them. Good technique, but you need timing for it.

The second thing is if you're ever off stage and you feel like Shuttle Loop won't get you back, mainly because you're too low, or don't have enough gliding room (or can't glide at all due to being under the stage too far or the stage has something in the way underneath), use Drill Rush. Drill Rush has amazing recovery. It can turn at virtually any angle you need it to, regardless of where you are, and Meta Knight jumps up at the end of it for extra height. It's quite safe too.

EDIT: You're not allowed to use Meta Knight until the 20th. I don't want any other character distracting you from this supposedly amazing ZSS you have yet to show us. :p

napZzz

Smash Hero
hylian dont go to the dark side...

Stay game and watch :'(

Keep your soul stay away from mk

Dojo

Smash Champion
Oh god...

First I'm hearing stuff about sethlon and roy playing him.
And now you.
Give it a month and the entire Texas PR will at least 2nd MK. :(

AlbelsPanties

Smash Cadet
By then, I will probably just be playing random lol.
Haha, if you did that, it would be worth the drive just to see it. With my luck, I'll be matched against you first round and get beaten down by random. How embarrassing!

CaliburChamp

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-6575-2504
Your edge guarding is great. I would suggest using Tornado more for a damage racker, and a mind game in a sense, because alot of good players camp at the edge when they see you starting your MT, they think you might suicide on accident after MT ends, and from your style of play, it seems like you like pressuring opponents off the edge like that. I learned a bit from watching that. lol. And I highly doubt your MK is only one day old. =P

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Your edge guarding is great. I would suggest using Tornado more for a damage racker, and a mind game in a sense, because alot of good players camp at the edge when they see you starting your MT, they think you might suicide on accident after MT ends, and from your style of play, it seems like you like pressuring opponents off the edge like that. I learned a bit from watching that. lol. And I highly doubt your MK is only one day old. =P
That was the first time I ever practiced MK seriously. The only thing I have ever done with MK before was try out the infinite cape glitch.

I have played a lot of really good MK's though(M2K,all the texas mk's,LeeMartin,all the florida MKs) so I just stole a bunch from them and added some of my own flavor lol.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Well Hylian, if you ever use Random, remember to work on your bowser xD. *Remembers our RCMM where 3 out of 4 matches someone ended up as bowser*.

I get the feeling Hylian's MK is going to be scary, I don't know how anyone will be able to counterpick against Hylian now xD. I use sheik to fight MKs, but you owned a sheik in those videos.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
That ZSS was embarrassing. Your MK is fun to watch, though. The IDCs were honestly hilarious.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
It's becoming too much. :\
Not even I like it.
Oh god...

First I'm hearing stuff about sethlon and roy playing him.
And now you.
Give it a month and the entire Texas PR will at least 2nd MK. :(
One of about a million reasons I'm trying to switch.

Hylian: you're doing pretty good so far from what I've seen, but you use your down smash too early and too frequently. Forward tilt is probably one of your best friends for putting damage on someone and still keeping them close by so you don't have to chase them and put yourself in a bad position; just hit them with the first part or the first and second part, then go from there. You can usually peck away at someone's percentage with that, grabs and aerials.

A combo (yes, a for realsies one) that works on most characters at low percent (like 5- ish) is dash attack -> uptilt -> short hop neutral air (no fast fall) -> forward tilts. Hooray 30+%!

We'll get some good practice in on the 4th I'm sure :p

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hmmm....

Used MK for two days and got 3rd at a 50 person tournament with him <_<.

This is gonna be fun :).

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Wow... That is really insane. Two days... I haven't even gotten that far. Then again, I've only played meta knight for a total of 20 minutes...

Good meta knight. Nice Shuttle Loops there.

Top Bottom