• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to Hatch a Healthy Yoshi: A Group Project - Who wants it?

Sharky

Smash Master
uhh, why isnt dedede on the CG list? his is a 2 frame CG just like falco. I tested it with valdens and its lagit. has no one really found this out? or has the list just not been updated.

also, ill go into detail later about the yoshi tongue spike i discovered.
I removed D3 from the list after Yikarur frame tested him to not work...can a third person frame test it first before I officially make a decision?

Chip.

you know what to do
...WA, as a region, is about as solid as Norcal. We have many good players, several capable of competing at a regional/possibly national level. Don't discredit a metagame you're not familiar with, please. :p

~Valdens on Chip's account that he never logged out of (hey Chip)
Lol. You should probably log out now, fweck. :3

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
wow, at first i was like "chip supports yoshi?" But than i found out it was valdens.

still though, publicity is always good.

Airborne

Smash Lord
Nice job, Sharky, Although I think we need to make a stickied thread about the rules of this board:
Don't talk about egg roll, don't post a whole new thread about some "AT" that you "discovered" when we already have it archived, and don't make fun of how our nose is so big that Lucario can hit us with a stand aura sphere when we're hanging on the ledge.

Actually, I don't think we have every AT listed.... .____. Should we get that dealt with already? XD

loooool have you ever been in socal?
The only reasons I would go there would be to see Wayne Bergeron and Kobe... That's the maximum amount of cockiness that I could tolerate form that state.

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
may i ask for the review of yoshi's chain grab on donkey kong. Valdens seems to believe that DK can get out of it by up-b'ing. although if this is true, it leaves dk open for a free up-smash, which makes it that much better if he does escape, but i just would like someone other than myself to try to disprove him.

Sharky

Smash Master
^this man has the right idea. I'll try to bug myself enough to make up a list of everything that needs fixing.

edit: starting with the CG guide. I moved ZSS to the bottom of the list due to not being able to buffer her CG, added a section on Ground Breaks, and a small blurb outlining the best kill options out of Wario's Infinite.

I think my next project will be to add frame data to the actual movelist in the guide, rather than tacking it all on at the end. I'll most likely be stealing this from Yika's thread cause I'm lazy, with his permission (?) =)

bigman40

Smash Master
I'll probably help you out on the frame data since I don't generally practice brawl much anymore. It'll probably help me find out something I can use for Yoshi in the long run.

Sharky

Smash Master
coming soon: an update with BRAND NEW GRAB RELEASE OPTIONS ON SEVERAL CHARACTERS!!!!

update to come when i can post on an actual computer.

Grim Tuesday

Smash Legend
I think your critique of egg roll is too harsh.

The opponent isn't always going to be expecting it with enough time to turn away from the egg, shield and grab (not to mention that they need to actually know that this works).

I use it quite often against projectile spammers like Pit, to approach without fear of being hit by an arrow.

Assuming you do hit them with it, the knockback is pretty decent too, sets them up well for an aerial.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
coming soon: an update with BRAND NEW GRAB RELEASE OPTIONS ON SEVERAL CHARACTERS!!!!

update to come when i can post on an actual computer.
Im really hoping one of these characters is tink

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I think your critique of egg roll is too harsh.

The opponent isn't always going to be expecting it with enough time to turn away from the egg, shield and grab (not to mention that they need to actually know that this works).

I use it quite often against projectile spammers like Pit, to approach without fear of being hit by an arrow.

Assuming you do hit them with it, the knockback is pretty decent too, sets them up well for an aerial.
I like this guy already. He supports my pet move.

Veel

Smash Apprentice
may i ask for the review of yoshi's chain grab on donkey kong. Valdens seems to believe that DK can get out of it by up-b'ing. although if this is true, it leaves dk open for a free up-smash, which makes it that much better if he does escape, but i just would like someone other than myself to try to disprove him.
I actually tested this w/ a friend a while back. Out of maybe 50 or so grabs I didn't land one on DK when he used Up-Special but you can just up smash or punish him out of it so functionally it doesn't matter much...

Yikarur

Smash Master
he can't upB out of it, if he upB out of it you didn't buffer the dash grab.
but he can sideB out of it though.

bigman40

Smash Master
This is probably the best place for this. I need help on a project I just started (I literally just finished the uSS Jab Data project tonight), and I need people who are able to use the frame advance code. If you can (and have the time) to help me, please message me, and I'll fill you in on all the details of the project.

If I don't get any help on this, then I'm fairly sure I won't get this done until like next year.

Sharky, when I'm done with these projects, you better be ready to update this thread with massive information...And update the stuff you said you were updating already.

Sharky

Smash Master
when I made that post saying I was gonna update this with the stuff you asked me not to post it or something lol. I'm assuming that's passed now. =P

Yikarur

Smash Master
are we going to work further on a perfect Yoshi Guide? :p
I always see how no one cares =(

Sharky

Smash Master
HEY GUYS! I JUST GOT INTERNET AT MY HOUSE AGAIN!!! =D

so yeah, I can do stuffs nao without having to bike several blocks in the winter to get to a coffee shop =P

Sharky

Smash Master
the snow falling outside my window says it's still winter :(

and I actually have been working on it, but with an internet connection to make quicker references and such this will go by much more quickly now. =)

Scatz

Smash Champion
Good stuff Sharky. I got some old information I did a while ago that you could use, but it still needs to be completed.

Sharky

Smash Master
added my first round of edits, extending so far to the GR section. I'll progressively add/re-do more as the week goes on.

-Did a lot of editing in the CG section because I felt the writing quality was sub-par, I'll probably re-do it again once I finish with everything else.

-Re-wrote a bunch of the move summaries. A lot of them had my old *** 2008 opinions that really have no place in today's metagame. I tried to be as accurate as possible without being too lengthy, as the real writing should be reserved for strategies/offense/defense/ATs. If you think something should be changed here, let me know.

-The GR section is currently incomplete, I'll be finishing that today. Things yet to add: Ledge GR options with full-hop.

-I'll be fixing the ground break section so that it makes clear you have to be pummeling in order for them to ground break.

-Section 8 will probably be deleted. (gr guide)

-I feel like offstage play should include above stage juggling. Thoughts?

-I also feel having offense/defense sections are too generic, and want to fix them. On that note...

I will be completely replacing guest write-ups with ones done by current players. Volunteers will be very much appreciated, however I will also be contacting/drafting people myself. Please volunteer/nominate people freely, and I'll get onto it!

proposed sections:

edgeguarding

aerial pressure (when opponent is in air, so reading airdodges, baiting in air, etc)

approach game

aerial maneuvering

EGGLAY

Ledge Tricks

Sharky

Smash Master
^generic statement is generic.

I'm trying to hit up specialties with these write-ups, so if there's a field you feel you're particularly good at, speak up!

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
I can run away really well... Lol

I'll put some thought into it. I'll ask for feedback at the smashfest this weekend and I'll ask what I need to imporve at and am good at.

Top Bottom