• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide How to Hatch a Healthy Yoshi: A Group Project - Who wants it?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Against Snake I either just forward air him below the stage or just wait on the stage and grab.

The only thing he can do against that is get lucky and sweetspot and that means I just stood there instead of running in for the edgehog or even dipping an egg below the edge.

Once you get him off the edge, if you're attentive and gay and patient enough, he really has a low rate of return.

Airborne

Smash Lord
uhm.... guys..... WE ****ING FAIL. I looked throughout our boards, and we do not have ONE thread that newcomers can look at to see what advanced techniques yoshi has at his disposal...... HOW DID WE OVERLOOK THIS?!?!

bigman40

Smash Master
Very few Yoshi's attempted to use what ATs he has. Other than ETS and ECE being used, the majority of the Yoshi's do the same thing.

Airborne

Smash Lord
oh.... i see..... well, i attempt to make use of almost every AT he has (except super jump...) in any match i play, and when informing this one guy about yoshi's ATs, i realized we actually don't have any of them archived or even written on any thread... it seems like the only place i can find a description of them is on that youtube video you did like last year... >___<

Sharky

Smash Master
I thought I had stuff written in here...? *checks*

edit: oh **** I got rid of it when I added the other people's stuff? crap! =O

edit2: A HA! I HAVE A BACK-UP OF THE GUIDE BEFORE I DID THAT STUFF! =D

editing the at's back in now. =)

AfRo ToAd

Smash Cadet
NNID
AfRo_ToAd
WoW!! Lots of info!! Thanks man!! i Main Yoshi and im really good with him! I will try this now!! I really wanna try the Wario CG thing! Thanks once again!

Airborne

Smash Lord
the only yoshi that uses wiichuck is nicalobe, so you'd probably have to ask him about wiichuck setup. hopefully he isn't ENTIRELY absent from the boards, and is just lurking... >_______>

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
uhh, why isnt dedede on the CG list? his is a 2 frame CG just like falco. I tested it with valdens and its lagit. has no one really found this out? or has the list just not been updated.

also, ill go into detail later about the yoshi tongue spike i discovered.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I think it's been proven he can escape, or something. Not really sure.

The Yoshi tongue spike is probably Egg Lay Fake. You're using Egg Lay and you're dragging the opponent to you, but not swallowing him, right?

Airborne

Smash Lord
uhh, why isnt dedede on the CG list? his is a 2 frame CG just like falco. I tested it with valdens and its lagit. has no one really found this out? or has the list just not been updated.

also, ill go into detail later about the yoshi tongue spike i discovered.
Dr. Robotnik!!!!! I haven't heard from you in a long time!!! Heard you been getting better up there in WA, man!

I'm not entirely sure about the D3 CG, but it sounds believable...

I'd also like to add that any mindgames of forcing a Falco to spotdodge after a GR, leaving him open for a run past pivot grab, fsmash, etc., works on sheik players too. ;D

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
hew airborne. i was sapposed to be on pr. but zeonaut was forgoten, so im next to make it. ill probobly make it on after tp4.

also, i checked the other thread and i agree with snake being removed, but d3 is a perfect frame Cg, so im not really sure whos idea it was to remove him.

also, running past falco wont work because of falcos jab. tested it, his jab beats yoshi pretty much before yoshi gets close.

sorry to be vauge, but i dont recal very much of you airborne. you on aib?

Airborne

Smash Lord
the goal of running past falco is to bait a spot dodge; it's his most efficient way of getting out of a non-perfect cg performed by us, and so we get them to start dodging, and occasionally mix it up with a pivot grab or a fsmash, dsmash, downb, w/e.

D

Deleted member

Air has the right idea.
If he jabs he would be getting grabbed again, so conditioning him at higher percents (once he cant CG you) is usually benificial in the long run, even if u arent good at chaingrabbing, you can just try to, and once he spotdodges, you punish the next one. Falco's non-cg punishes arent as good as yoshis punishes out of a down throw on falco (if u can read him right, which isnt that hard with falcos bad physics)

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
well if you chain grab him correctly (frame perfect) there is no escape.

fire fly, weve got to play some matches at tp4. how good is your yoshi.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I try, but one can only do so much when they live in a region as terrible as WC Canada. =3

I actually do get a lot of practice though. I've just never been to a big tourney with really good players before.

:005:

Dr. Robotnik

Smash Journeyman
how far do you live from washington? if its closer than 2 hundred miles, you should start going to Game Clucks. Its fun, and a lot of people go to it.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm really close to the Washington/BC border. I don't have a way of getting there by myself besides Greyhound or something, but I'm sure I'd be able to get somebody here with a car interested in going to those. We have a bunch of people going to TP4 (by bunch, I mean 8-10), so I'm sure that would spark some interest. It's only a 2-3 hour drive IIRC.

:005:

D

Deleted member

hew airborne. i was sapposed to be on pr. but zeonaut was forgoten, so im next to make it. ill probobly make it on after tp4.

also, i checked the other thread and i agree with snake being removed, but d3 is a perfect frame Cg, so im not really sure whos idea it was to remove him.

also, running past falco wont work because of falcos jab. tested it, his jab beats yoshi pretty much before yoshi gets close.

sorry to be vauge, but i dont recal very much of you airborne. you on aib?
WA has like the easiest PR in any decent sized region evveeerr.

Chip.

you know what to do
WA has like the easiest PR in any decent sized region evveeerr.
...WA, as a region, is about as solid as Norcal. We have many good players, several capable of competing at a regional/possibly national level. Don't discredit a metagame you're not familiar with, please. :p

~Valdens on Chip's account that he never logged out of (hey Chip)

Airborne

Smash Lord
...WA, as a region, is about as solid as Norcal. We have many good players, several capable of competing at a regional/possibly national level. Don't discredit a metagame you're not familiar with, please. :p

~Valdens on Chip's account that he never logged out of (hey Chip)
Valdens, he's SoCal; you know,. the place where everyone gets overly cocky for absolutely no reason?

Shiri

Smash Chump
:yoshi: Hey, look, more ridiculous spam.

It's a good thing it's stopping now before I start infracting. :D

Wiscus

(◕ω◕✿)
3DS FC
3840-5663-0679
I wanted to thank you all for this wonderful guide! Though my Yoshi is far from good, I feel that I have improved greatly from using this guide.
Thanks ♥ (really late praise is from the heart)

D

Deleted member

I wasnt bashing WA.
WA just has a really big PR (if it doesnt anymore forgive me but i recall it having like 20 people) making it a lot easier to get onto than most regions.
I know WA has some great players.

/Region unbash

Edit: ive met valdens btw air

Top Bottom