• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

How do I do a Barrel Roll? ~ Fox Q&A (Check the OP)

DarkAura

Smash Lord
just a little question but ive been using this edge technique for about 4 months now and i think i finally should ask if any of you guys use it

drop down from ledge and shine to turn around and then Bair onto the stage. it clears the edge off so nobody is there when you land but if you miss it can be easily punished

anybody but me use this? its pretty useful and kills around 150 (high percents)

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
just a little question but ive been using this edge technique for about 4 months now and i think i finally should ask if any of you guys use it

drop down from ledge and shine to turn around and then Bair onto the stage. it clears the edge off so nobody is there when you land but if you miss it can be easily punished

anybody but me use this? its pretty useful and kills around 150 (high percents)
ya, i've used this before, its freaking ancient though :p

DarkAura

Smash Lord
ahaha "freaking ancient"

meh it doesnt surprise me it's old..
and zhamy you shine to turn around...

DarkAura

Smash Lord
cause you drop down under the ledge and you cant pivot mid air so i shine to turn around and Bair so my leg just hits the surface and then i land

Cyphus

BRoomer
BRoomer
i'm sure this is common knowledge, but just in case i'm crazy...and some of you dont know this..

for Fox's Jab-Jab-Cancel combos...if you PLAN on doing JJ > JJ > JJ, etc

its ALOT easier if you just hold the control stick diagonally down + backards (while facing your oponent) and press A.
for all characters, this makes your character Jab from a ducking position and fall back into a ducking position.

so i'd come down w/ a D.air....and be holding down and away...
then i hold A(jab, jab), let go of A, hold A (jab, jab), let go, etc
this way there is no stick involvement with the timing.

Fox is my 2ndary, although i dont post back here, heh.

==============

Also, SH f.airing can be difficult to autocancel, as its an amazing safe approach if you anticipate them shielding. its alot easier if you learn to slide your finger from Y/X to A (while holding forward), then trying to press Jump and F.air back-to-back as fast as you can.
Sliding it has really helped me take advantage of the move.
otherwise...if i, personally, want to do it without moving forward i just use both the sticks for it.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
wow even though it was a cpu (hey who cares right?)
you have a great fox. you use his tilts very well and have a pretty good edgegame
im not a pro so i cant do much of a critiquing job from what i see your fox is great

only thing i can say is more lasers because when you fight players with disjointed attacks (swords and stuff) its harder to get in close so you have to use short hop double lasers and camp

and cyphus thanks for posting that tip here its VERY HELPFUL

crifer

Smash Lord
i'm sure this is common knowledge, but just in case i'm crazy...and some of you dont know this..

its ALOT easier if you just hold the control stick diagonally down + backards (while facing your oponent) and press A.
for all characters, this makes your character Jab from a ducking position and fall back into a ducking position.

Fox is my 2ndary, although i dont post back here, heh.

==============

Also, SH f.airing can be difficult to autocancel, as its an amazing safe approach if you anticipate them shielding. its alot easier if you learn to slide your finger from Y/X to A (while holding forward), then trying to press Jump and F.air back-to-back as fast as you can.
Sliding it has really helped me take advantage of the move.
otherwise...if i, personally, want to do it without moving forward i just use both the sticks for it.
haha we main and second the same Characters^^,
thx for the fair autocancel tip

DarkAura

Smash Lord
ok dont say i suck for this... i actually just forgot how to do it

how do i cancel the landing lag from aerials?

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda

Good ****. This make JJC even easier.

SnowballBob33

Smash Ace
ok dont say i suck for this... i actually just forgot how to do it

how do i cancel the landing lag from aerials?
Not all aeirals auto cancel, but you do it by short hopping then immediatly doing the aerial.

I do it by applying pressure to the right side of my thumb to the X button then pressing the A button with the left half.. You end up with both buttons being held down.

Team Giza

Smash Lord
Fox has a sourspot on his downsmash that does 12% instead of 14% when not decayed. Where is this hitbox?

edit: Found the answer, nvm

Lezz21

Smash Rookie
how far does the hit box extend on the up smash for fox.?

and does any one know of a comb to get in the down smash?

Sukai

Smash Champion
how far does the hit box extend on the up smash for fox.?

and does any one know of a comb to get in the down smash?
The hitbox appears on frame 10, the range isn't all that big.

Combos for down smash.
Hm, o i dont kno, down air?
And a little of that JJC could work too.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
How do I play less predictable in order to surive terrible match ups? My fighting style has gotten consistent
Switch up your patterns, only you can do that yourself, we cant tell you how to play. so my advice is to develop a sense of recognizing your playstyle and think to yourself " am i doing the same thing over and over?" "am i spamming a move?" "have i been punished for this?" and then you'll answer your own post

DarkAura

Smash Lord
samboner is one of the best online but this rookie guy... man he's one of them too he's like a ninja but he's green... and furry... and has a gun... and he makes me laugh:laugh:

DarkAura

Smash Lord
this ***** samboner is trash lmao honestly i watched him play and omg i just turned my wii on and went to play melee. like the most he'll get from me is that he's the best wifi fox but we offline fox's know what that means. hahahahahahaha

whaa..wha..what does it mean? *acts all scared because the offline beast with rip the online tank (DATS ME!!! :)) to shreds*

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Can someone check for me whether or not a dash shield into a jab is faster than a dash attack?

Top Bottom