• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Houston Thread - No HOBOs and no WHOBOs. What do we do now??????????????????????????????????????????

What side event should i include in my tournaments?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
You're full of crap :p
Considering you conceded to being checkmated in the span in two pages' worth of replies with this tasty morsel:

I'm so disappointed in myself that I understand all of Le_thien's post.
it's probably in my best interest to respectfully beg to differ. =)

But don't worry; I took notice that you don't wear skinny jeans 'cause your Ganon nuts don't fit.

LeeHarris

Smash Lord
Considering you conceded to being checkmated in the span in two pages' worth of replies with this tasty morsel:

it's probably in my best interest to respectfully beg to differ. =)

But don't worry; I took notice that you don't wear skinny jeans 'cause your Ganon nuts don't fit.
Haha. I know a ton about fashion because my girlfriend is a model, but I'm the kind of guy that eats beef jerky and punches gorillas.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Haha. I know a ton about fashion because my girlfriend is a model, but I'm the kind of guy that eats beef jerky and punches gorillas.
I'm the kind of guy that plays as Ganon.

10girthymeatpackages

Sachi

Smash Rookie
I would have, but the Smash Back Room apparently had a "socializing with females during tournament play" ban enforced at this particular event. I'm formally extending you and your boyfriend an invitation to my Smash tourney in Oklahoma called OH SNAP! in November, where I guarantee the ban furrows eyebrows and is generally frowned upon. =)

LOL. I really don't need words for this.

Speaking of men with indelible fashion sense, I have to say that Santi had arguably the coolest tournament ensemble of the night - he had some immaculately frazzled hair which he accentuated by wearing Playboy ski goggles backwards. He looked so tasty last night, my thighs were quivering.

Santi gets my nomination to be the candidate Most Likely to Be Bro-***** at a Smash Event.
xD Thanks, I dunno if we'll be travelling for tournaments though. We'll have to see.

We were playing an MMORPG, not playing Brawl, lol. I moved here from Oregon a couple months ago.

Rofl I saw the Playboy goggles, too good.

Being a model doesn't necessarily mean you know anything about fashion, or have good taste. Name-dropping and reciting information doesn't count as really knowing.

Also you shouldn't punch gorillas. BAD BADLEE.

PIMPSLAP

Smash Lord
sachi i was the fat tall tall guy that you caught gawking at you in the beggining of the tourny lolz (like twice) i was standing by 2 asian guys and we where stereo typing lolz...

in the long run i was a rich white guy and the through ninja stars at there moms lolz (priceless) ....

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
.... It's nice to know I'M not considered a female anymore. Yay, I suppose?

I'll post shout outs in the results thread later tonight. Etc. etc. Xyro! Change Ky to being a Meta Knight player on the results list. I was so terribly disappointed. I was hoping to see some of his lovely Pit action and instead got a tournament face full of Meta, bleh. Tasted like bad shuttle loop, urgh. So, that means that out of the top 10 places... 7 of them where MetaKnights... Yeah.

Also, I'll announce more details about that 'other' tournament tonight - WHobo.
In the meantime, you can read about it here.... It's the approved rough draft plan for the Brawl portion of the event. http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dgz4w7px_65cn3fmbg7&revision=_latest
The important part to remember is that it's guaranteed to have over 200 players in attendance and we're adding $1000 on top of pot (so whatever pot is, plus $1000 added to the 1v1). It's a three day long event, with four different Brawl tournaments, plus a crap load of other stuff going on.... Blah, blah, blah. More details tonight.

And what's up with all this fashion talk, jeez! I demand the next 10 pages be about yaoi. There, I said it. Now obey!

heytallman

CTALL
And what's up with all this fashion talk, jeez! I demand the next 10 pages be about yaoi. There, I said it. Now obey!
I do not approve of yaoi, so can the next 10 pages be about how awesome my hat is? Or LeeHarris. Either would suit me fine.

Also, Lee, we never got to do our Ganon dittos, I didn't feel like playing much after I got knocked out (Meta Knight for the ****ing loss). We shall do them next time?

OhMyGodItzMouf

Smash Journeyman
Uh, no I have no idea what you're talking about so no..that wasn't me.

Why are you such a ****? Every time you post you are just trying to make people feel bad or something to that extent.

The sad part is that you are serious about it too. Chill out dude. There's no reason to be so hateful.
lol don't make me go bringin up old posts just to show how much you were tryin to flirt with little chinese girl before you knew it was actually a guy

oh yeah, and i'm tryin to make people feel bad? you just insulted like everybody that was at the tournament by basically calling them girl-less losers and you wanna act all nice when i call you out on it lol

Hylian: Hey babe, what's up? i may spend countless hours reading about, practicing, and watching vids of this video game where i travel to tournaments all around texas, but i'm NOWHERE NEAR as nerdy as these other guys. whaddya say we head over to my 1 bedroom apartment? just ignore the questionable smell and my 17 cats, they shouldn't bother you

Girl: slap/mace to face

don't act like you're better than anybody at the tournament lol and before you or dojo or anybody says i'm just insulting you cause i don't have a girlfriend, i do have a girlfriend but i don't try to make myself look better than everybody else by flaunting it around like it's a big accomplishment. it isn't. peace.

Dojo

Smash Champion

I'll post shout outs in the results thread later tonight. Etc. etc. Xyro! Change Ky to being a Meta Knight player on the results list. I was so terribly disappointed. I was hoping to see some of his lovely Pit action and instead got a tournament face full of Meta, bleh. Tasted like bad shuttle loop, urgh. So, that means that out of the top 10 places... 7 of them where MetaKnights... Yeah.

Also, I'll announce more details about that 'other' tournament tonight - WHobo.
In the meantime, you can read about it here.... It's the approved rough draft plan for the Brawl portion of the event. http://docs.google.com/View?docID=dgz4w7px_65cn3fmbg7&revision=_latest
The important part to remember is that it's guaranteed to have over 200 players in attendance and we're adding $1000 on top of pot (so whatever pot is, plus $1000 added to the 1v1). It's a three day long event, with four different Brawl tournaments, plus a crap load of other stuff going on.... Blah, blah, blah. More details tonight.

KY did play pit.... very well too. He almost beat my MK.

Sick tourney info. I can't wait for the rest of the details. :D

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Dang, that tourney sounds tight! Looks like a roadtrip to me. :D

Santi

Smash Lord
WOW I just saw who you were ( pics on Myspace; btw Santi - give me a link so I can see this chick you're talking about >> ). I saw you and I thought you were pretty cute, and also nice. You smiled at me! :) Shoulda chatted with me or something, I was a bit bored at some points in the tournament.
ha I was jk about Sammi on my myspace. But if you want the link aways its www.myspace.com/myspacesanti
:D shek it out.

I wanted to say something but i didn't know how to start a convo so I just smiled ha.

Bwett

Smash Ace
It's extremely rare finding a cute gamer girl, and when you show up to a smash tourney consistently, and it turns out that you are helping run it...well it most certainly must be a figment of our imaginations lol. I checked you out multiple times if that makes you feel better :)

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
KY does main Pit, and seconds Marth/Peach. I don't remember him playing MK at all.

If he did, it was only the one time he played you.

Le_THieN

Smash Lord
Daaaaaaaayum. LOL. If you were that slender blonde behind the counter with enough brassy composure to call out those ridiculous team names all night long with an almost-straight face, then yeah, you're pretty fly too. BALLIIIIIIIN'

DugFinn

Smash Apprentice
KY does main Pit, and seconds Marth/Peach. I don't remember him playing MK at all.

He didn't play me. I was just watching, it's what I do. I could have sworn he switched to MK, but I'll go check my brain to make sure and get back to you on that. Props to him if he stayed Pit/Marth/Peach though.

Daaaaaaaayum. LOL. If you were that slender blonde behind the counter with enough brassy composure to call out those ridiculous team names all night long with an almost-straight face, then yeah, you're pretty fly too. BALLIIIIIIIN'
Eh, yeah. That was me. But, shhhhhh, I'm a figment of imagination it would seem.

Gea

Smash Master
****, every needs to tuck their ****s back between their legs before something strangely erotic happens.

...or am I too late?

Also Tallman's bald under his hat. TRUE STORY

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
For the record. sachi was hot....but sammi is where my heart is!!!!!

Wow. it has started. I think it is a little premature, but w/e. is anyone going to post that M2K vs DSF match that was recorded on TV 1's wii?
its on my wii. ill post it soon

Out of curiosity... Was it Maple Story?? hmm
Hey Thien, DIDDY DITTOS FTW
did you win the dittos?

Fliphopper

Smash Lord
For the record. sachi was hot....but sammi is where my heart is!!!!!

its on my wii. ill post it soon

did you win the dittos?
Oh he won, so close banana gimped recovery while we both were at 140%ish. Good to see more Diddy's representing.

Gnes

Smash Master

Nice playin u in teams the other day...your meta just carried my DK every where lol...Tallman, Flip, lets play on Tuesday.

P.S flip...ur just not good at dittos huh...my diddy beat your diddy in a ditto...then again, u did beat my kirby in a ditto lol...

Sachi

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity... Was it Maple Story?? hmm
Hey Thien, DIDDY DITTOS FTW
Oh HELL no you did NOT just say MapleStory... ._. God I hate that game. And WoW too, just... don't even go there.

sachi i was the fat tall tall guy that you caught gawking at you in the beggining of the tourny lolz (like twice) i was standing by 2 asian guys and we where stereo typing lolz...

in the long run i was a rich white guy and the through ninja stars at there moms lolz (priceless) ....
ROFL. I probably would have had to look up to see your face, I just remember many people who were about at eye level. >:

Aww. Don't worry, I was checking you out too. I heart your haircut. <3 I think they just noticed me because I was wearing bright green and they hadn't seen me before. And were probably scared of my shoes. Lol.

Ew, yaoi ftl. I vote for yuri.

kldtjiog

Smash Rookie
****, every needs to tuck their ****s back between their legs before something strangely erotic happens.

...or am I too late?

Also Tallman's bald under his hat. TRUE STORY

this is true, tallman is bald under his hat.
seen it with my own two eyes.
it was beautiful...

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Oh HELL no you did NOT just say MapleStory... ._. God I hate that game. And WoW too, just... don't even go there.

ROFL. I probably would have had to look up to see your face, I just remember many people who were about at eye level. >:

Aww. Don't worry, I was checking you out too. I heart your haircut. <3 I think they just noticed me because I was wearing bright green and they hadn't seen me before. And were probably scared of my shoes. Lol.

Ew, yaoi ftl. I vote for yuri.
I was really hoping you weren't going to say wow.

Some of my friends keep trying to get me to play it but I refuse to touch that game lol.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531

Some of my friends keep trying to get me to play it but I refuse to touch that game lol.
One more soul saved from the treacherous plans of Azeroth.

Yeah seriously **** mmo's. You never hear a smasher say "sorry guys I can't hang out because I have to go on a raid with my guild."

Sachi

Smash Rookie

I know. Bleh. WoW is like crack, and drugs are bad, mmmmkay?

Just FYI I can't play 3D games for too long, so that instantly removes most games from the ones that I can play. I have a difficult time learning Brawl because I often can't play for more than a half hour or so at a time, and other things that I'm not going to mention. Also the tournament gave me a massive headache. :(

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
A proposed ban on Meta at all future tournaments in Houston. Whether it is a soft or hard ban remains to be seen.

For those that don't understand, soft ban means that there is an unspoken agreement not to use that character because the character has been deemed broken. You can still use the character if you wish though. A hard ban means you can't use the character under any circumstances.

Furbs

Smash Journeyman
I think we should do what Italy did,

Ban metaknight for the time being, maybe just a few tournaments, and see how the metagame develops. than put metaknight back into the tournament scene and if he's still "unbeatable" ban him

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom