Sunday, Dec.19th, 2010
Brawl and Melee
Sunday, Dec.19th, 2010
Brawl and Melee
We are back again with a new Pittsburgh tourney, continuing to bring you lack of hope you love! I am also pleased to announce that /hope will now become a bi-annual series, with one tourney in the summer time, and one during December. For the veterans of my tourneys, same venue as last time, and the same great experience you've come to expect. For the newer players/first time attendees: My tournaments run on time, and although they are competitive, they have a very laid back atmosphere, and everyone has an amazing time. I have not had one dis-satisfied person come to me, and I feel honored about that. I want to keep the experience that good, and I promise this one will be no different. Give the hope series a shot; I promise you it will be worth it!
I do wish I could of hosted this on a Saturday, but the venue is occupied the day before, and the other Saturdays are Holidays.
Clarence Fugh Memorial Hall
27 Crescent Ave.
This is the same venue as the previous tourneys!!!!
There will be free soda as usual. I also have plans to sell hot dogs and chips, details later!
There will be Melee and Brawl Singles. However, I am currently only planning Brawl Doubles.
If we get enough interest/enough melee turnout, I will incorporate Melee doubles into the schedule. Reasons for this:
a. One day instead of two
b. Not many melee teams last time.
9:00 Venue Opens
9:00 am - 12:00am Registration/Friendlies
12pm - Brawl Doubles begin
Approximately 2pm: Brawl AND Melee singles(If setups allow; otherwise Brawl is first).
If not enough setups, Melee singles begin immediately after Brawl.
10pm: venue closes
$5 Venue fee
$10 Brawl Singles
$20 Brawl Doubles(per team)
$10 Melee Singles
8 minute timer
Items are set to "off" and "none"
* If the timer runs out, the victor is determined first by stock and then by percentage.
* Resolving Ties: If percents are the same or both players die simultaneously, there will be a 1 stock, 3 minute, same characters, same stage rematch.
* All sets with the exception of winner's finals, loser's finals, and the championship are best of 3 matches (best of 5 and above should be played out for any "finals" matches)
* In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors.
* You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility, so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. If a match is to be restarted due to controller functions, it must be agreed upon by both parties.
* Extending Meta Knight's Dimensional Cape by leaving the ground and returning to it while invisible is banned. (For example, flicking the C-Stick up while holding down on the control stick during the move will cause this to happen.)
* Stalling is banned.
Stalling: The act of deliberately avoiding any and all conflict so that one may make the game unplayable. Running away from an opponent to reach a better position is not stalling, while using an infinite to run out the timer rather than to score a KO is. As such, any infinite chain-grabs, locks, etc. cannot exceed 300%.
* Any action which prevents the game from continuing (i.e. by causing the game to crash or causing all characters to freeze indefinitely) is banned. If the Tournament Organizer or a judge can conclusively determine the player responsible for the failure, that player loses the interrupted game. Players are expected to know their characters and prevent this from happening.
* Some interactions (for example, a throw with a wind attack) can cause one character to become frozen until being hit. If this happens, the free character is expected to capitalize on this in a timely manner; a failure to do so is stalling.
*DDD's standing infinite chain grab is banned.
* There will be a 50 Edgegrab limit for this tournament
(Mlg minus green greens)
Pokemon Stadium 1
Pokemon stadium 2
Higher seed strikes 3
Lower seed strikes 4
Higher Seed Strikes 1
Counterpicking and character procedures are standard. Best of 3 minus WF, LF, and GF.
MELEE RULE SET
* Items are set to off.
* Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
* Regular sets are best of 3 matches.
* Modified Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
* Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages.
* Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
Set format (In Order of Procedure):
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Opponents start the stage striking procedure
3. The first game is played, using the stage chosen during step 2
4. Player announces one stage to be banned for counter picks of the set(This happens after the 2nd match as well)
5. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Starter Stage List or the Counter Stage List
6. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
7. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
8. Repeat steps 5-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for the first match
Addtional Team rules:
* Life Stealing is allowed
* Set team attack to ON
Fountain of Dreams
Hotwire.com: Type in 15201 as the area code, and the nights you would stay. Gives you a HUGE list.
Pittsburgh Days-Inn Harmarville. $60 per night. 6.57 miles from venue. Its all highway driving so its only like a 10 minute drive.
Quality Inn University Center. $96 a night. 3.7 miles from the venue
Any questions? Pm me, post up, or call me (412)-855-1473