• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homophobia in the black community

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
OK... that was a little bit too much information, but you're along the right lines. Ditto oral sex.

Not to mention that, even if you wanted to do it, it's all very risky, even if you use condoms to protect against STIs. I won't go into the details, but if you look it up online, you'll know what other risks there are.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I personally still believe that gays are just another rebel against the ''norm''. :/ Sorry, I've just never seen a real romantic gay couple. It's all artifical, and winds up in alot of drama or sex.

§witch

Smash Lord
I personally still believe that gays are just another rebel against the ''norm''. :/ Sorry, I've just never seen a real romantic gay couple. It's all artifical, and winds up in alot of drama or sex.
How many gay couples do you know? I'm going to go right ahead and say zero because you're a ****ing imbecile.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
There's that 2 gay guys, Justin and Colin, that are always on "buying a new house" tv shows, and they've been together for over 20 years I think. And out of everyone I consider friends according to facebook, it's the 2 gays guys I know that've been in a relationship for the longest, about 4 years now.

:phone:

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
You speak of ignorance like you've researched it your entire life, but you've never met me and tell me you know I don't know something in my life? Where is the logic in that?

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
I've seen straight couples who truly love each other. I've never seen it in gay couples. That is all I am saying. I don't know for sure, but I am saying what I've said based off of my experiences. I've yet to see a gay couple that was genuine.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I've seen gays. And I've been gay before. That was the time when I was kissing myself in the mirror.

The bashers aren't bashing them. They're bashing their own IQ.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I've seen straight couples who truly love each other. I've never seen it in gay couples. That is all I am saying. I don't know for sure, but I am saying what I've said based off of my experiences. I've yet to see a gay couple that was genuine.
I'm sure you've seen a hundred times more straight couples than gay couples also. And who are you to judge people's love for each other?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
. I don't know for sure, but I am saying what I've said based off of my experiences.
Well, all I see on the news is Islam of the radical kind, so as far as I'm concerned, they're all car bombers.

Your statement was FAR too broad for someone who doesn't know what their talking about to base such a judgement off personal experience. We all can be ignorant and say stupid things like that, but we don't because we know better. I don't know much, and have only had very limited interactions with Islam, but from what I hear on the news, it's a pretty crazy group. Now, everyone knows better than to simply go off of personal experience on such a broad topic and group. Do you see what I'm saying?

And if you don't know better, and truly think "most" gay couples are fake and strictly about sex, you're ignorant. Plus, have you looked around lately? Couples like that exist in every type of relationships.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
There's no point Solid. He never actually said anything more than "Out of the gay couples I've seen it just seems the same as straight couples, execpt I don't believe they actually love each other because (???) therefore it's different."

It's more an insult to men in general (I'm assuming he's not counting lesbians because nobody ever does) because it says he doesn't believe men can love.

The only thing you need to say to that is well that's cleary wrong. There's nothing to debate.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
(I'm assuming he's not counting lesbians because nobody ever does)
lolol.

indeed.
alien vision is just being alien vision.

He starts ridiculous crap over his freaky misguided philosophy and when you disprove it (over and over again) he accuses you of being elitist and stubborn.

fun fact: a lot of gay people don't actually like anal sex. It's not as rare as people in this topic seem to think.
Well that I could understand, but the way he was talking earlier in the thread he made it seem like he was against the idea of 2 men having sex altogether.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Nah. I agree with what you guys said. I respect how mature shortiecanbrawl and Solid are. Thankyou for clearing that up.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Well that I could understand, but the way he was talking earlier in the thread he made it seem like he was against the idea of 2 men having sex altogether.
Not quite. I was saying how it was understandable how someone could be against that idea - that doesn't mean they should beat them up in the streets or anything. After all, someone can be anti-abortion, but they wouldn't go up to someone who was pro-abortion and say "OMG how dare you, you baby murderer!", even if deep down inside they think that way.

You see what I'm saying?

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Yeah I was actually going to say how bad that analogy was because it happens all the time.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
OK fine, they shouldn't say that, even if some people do...

It was the best example I could think of.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Alien Vision, I think you make the mistake of thinking that your experiences with young people are evidence to how people are in general.

Ya know it's like...just cause that girl exists who has never dated another girl, then goes to college and decides she's a lesbian, won't stop talking about it, and then marries a guy right after college doesn't mean that most people are faking it.

I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who do it for attention, and I have experiences with people that have lead me to believe just that. But if you can't recognize that people who do this (if they even do) are an extremely small minority that don't even come close to representing the actions and mindsets of most gay people, then you're going to have a really tough time treating gay people with the same respect you treat others with....which is no good at all.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
Alright. (Let's be mature about this to those that know who they are.) Here is a question that I hope to be responded to respectively--I'm not here to start any trouble or offend anyone.

Concept - Is love an illusion?

Besides what I've said earlier, there is something that does stir contraversy:

If male x male or female x female was naturally intended (sexually speaking), why are we sort of ''forcing'' our way to make it work? It doesn't really work as great as male & female.

I've also realised how much we are cheating nature with condoms. Maybe we really are just being animals, and abusing this ''pleasure'' in terms of taking it for granted for our own pleasure. There is no way to prove it either way, it's just a bunch of puzzle pieces that does say something is off about this. Just don't know what it is.

I've also realised how many different fetishes are out there, and how our mind becomes perverted. Maybe it's making us think we love the same sex? (I'm just throwing ideas out there..)

Thoughts?

EDIT: @ Frotaz. I know. I was wrong to say what I said. I wasn't thinking of it thoroughly. I've gotten little sleep today, lol. Thanks for clearing it up aswell though. I appreciate the mature responses that oppose my concepts. (And concepts with errors, lol.)

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not here to start any trouble or offend anyone.
You say this, but then you say:

It doesn't really work as great as male & female.
This.

Besides already being disproved multiple times in previous posts, you have no supporting evidence and you're basing your opinions off of things you've personally experienced and i'm assuming stuff you've seen in the media as well.

Please tell me I don't have to explain to you why that is completely off track.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
It doesn't look that normal.. There is something funky about how it works is all I am saying. They may like it, but it's just not how the sexual organ was intended to be used. You can obviously see that. If it was really intended it would work just like how everything else magnificently works. Guess what? It doesn't, so who am I to be the monster for questioning the unknown? Mhmm?

Tell me how throwing out ideas is offensive? Tell me why you think what I've said is moot. Please, Spelt. Tell me why. Why am I not allowed to be entitled to my opinions, and my ideas on this current subject?

frotaz37

Smash Lord
Using the word "intended" in the context you are when it comes to nature is pretty silly, unless you're assuming that there is some sort of divine plan.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
Thank you Teran.

That flashing light was really starting to get on my nerves.

Why am I not allowed to be entitled to my opinions, and my ideas on this current subject?
facedesk.png

You are entitled to your opinions (derp). What is crossing the line is stating them like they are facts.

And before you say anything, "It doesn't really work as great as male & female." is a fact, no matter how hard you try to deny it in your reply to this post.

Alien Vision

Smash Ace
No Frotaz. I said what I said, because I see what I see. There is nothing else to see. If there is, then tell me in a PM (since we are derailing the thread), and we'll have a mature discussion.

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, I honestly don't think it's so hard being in the closet. I actually had ten times the adventure as a closeted teenager. I mean, honestly, lying to your parents, that's just what you do anyway, so it's not really much different.
The closet is fine when you're in your twenties. Once you're past thirty, then it gets real dicey. Right at the point when your other friends start getting married, eyes start sneaking over in your direction in mute suspicion.

Again, it's assumed that I'm against homosexuality - that's not true. I'm open to the idea of having a boyfriend, getting married (if it ever becomes legal here - 'civil partnership' just doesn't have the same ring to it!) or maybe even adopting a child someday (probably not, since I don't like children much, but in 10-15 years I might think differently). Literally the only thing I don't like about it is the idea of actually having sex with a man.
If you've never dated anyone before, give yourself some time to discover what that's like before you set yourself to any permanent life-changing decisions. It's easy to hate or love an idea. Reality is something else though.

Sounds just like a typical marriage to me LOL.
Teran speaks from experience.

Edit:
No Frotaz. I said what I said, because I see what I see. There is nothing else to see. If there is, then tell me in a PM (since we are derailing the thread), and we'll have a mature discussion.
Don't do it, Frotaz. IT'S A TRAP.

Just kidding, AV. You know I <3 you. But let's try to keep the flames to a controlled burn this time.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I think he means the act of sex?

Basically the answer to his second one, the one about making yourself believe you are attracted to the same sex, isn't true. You'll actually find almost every gay guy has spent time trying to convince himself that he was attracted to girls, only to find out it was useless. I'm pretty sure fetishes are sex acts soley, which isn't what being gay is, as homosexuality isn't a sex act.

Edit: Turns out I was sitting on this page for half and hour lol. Need to stop getting distracted, I was replying to that thing like 4 or 5 posts ago.

Edit edit: Teran watched Lost?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I've never seen romantic black people, or romantic mexicans, or violent asians. At least, not irl. Thus, by Allen Vision's logic, they do not exist.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Watch some ponies. Think you're gay? Think the show's gay? Both?
Think I'm gay for watching or are you just annoyed that it's all pony talk?

Chuee

Smash Hero
My conclusion from reading this page.
Only straight white people can love each other.

Top Bottom