• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Homophobia in the black community

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I didn't think MT was honestly speaking with any sort of personal grievances towards homosexual behaviour considering the number of times I've had to moderate his extremely crude and detailed descriptions of homosexual actions and fantasies.
You mean that one time I posted a blog something along the lines of "it sucks that guys who have gay sex can't donate blood"? Wow, you have a very good memory - that was over two years ago!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
You mean that one time I posted a blog something along the lines of "it sucks that guys who have gay sex can't donate blood"? Wow, you have a very good memory - that was over two years ago!
Among other things. :x

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Okay, that's just cute.
>_>

But seriously, no need to be a little ***** and attack someone out of the blue in a thread that actually has a point. Mura you're just some random kid with a stick up his ***. You start **** by attacking someone's integrity with bull****, not cool. If you seriously thought you could see people's infractions then you're an idiot, and if not you were just trying to be a douchebag.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I love how just about everything Teran has said has flown over MurraRengan's head.

Better start doing your job, *** boy. Also we better start loving Tales of Symphonia over God of War, maaaaan.

MuraRengan

Banned via Warnings
I'm done here. I've got my reasons for doing this, but revealing them would ruin the effect. Teran, you know what kind of person you are if you didn't mod that message. That's all that matters.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
[yt]pXnpsBBBMo4[/yt]

^^^That pretty much loops in my mind during times like this.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I'm definitely not a "gay basher". I may disagree with same-sex encounters, but I'm not going to look down on people if they choose to partake in them - it's their life, they can live it how they want as long as it doesn't hurt other people.
You mentioned you were gay. So basically you're going to have to live the rest of your life in sexless frustration, or find a way to have incredibly unsatisfying straight sex.

and generally don't really identify myself with the gay community.
Neither do I, so glad people can't tell by interacting with me, feels good to be out though.

NNID
Budget_Player
This thread is priceless.

Mountain_Tiger, do you want to talk about why you think homosexuality/gay sex is so wrong? This attitude of yours is not going to be good for your mental health over your life, as Pluvia mentioned...

Tesh

Smash Hero
I'm sure he can just find a really masculine woman and do her.

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
I kinda feel bad for ******* atm. :awesome:

I'm done here. I've got my reasons for doing this, but revealing them would ruin the effect. Teran, you know what kind of person you are if you didn't mod that message. That's all that matters.
Quitter!

No really, though... wtf is w/this Teran hate I've been reading lately? Teran, you making enemies? Who is this cat that thinks he knows what's up? It was so obvious he was just calling you out, what up w/that mang

OT: I agree with Teran and those who agreed with Teran. I also agree with the OP, and never thought of it like that, but it totally makes sense.

As for changing your brother's mind, I kept thinking at all the "it'll take something forcible" like, what, like he'll have to be gay *****? lol! nah, but seriously, it'll just take time, eventually he may mature and realize the error of his views, but it may never happen.

I'm curious, though, what did you mother think of all this?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Neither do I, so glad people can't tell by interacting with me, feels good to be out though.
Glad to know I'm not the only one. Just not into being proud of something that should just be an everyday thing. Like left handedness, or maybe liking sushi.

I like Red Dragon Roles, and I AM PROUD. Nahh, that's not me.

Anyways, wasn't the topic relating the the . . ummm black community?

Off topic:

Teran, you making enemies?
When he talks **** about Krystal, damn right he does.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
left handedness isn't an everyday thing. :(

People still make a huge deal out of it when they figure out i'm left handed ... after like 2 years of knowing me. ._.

"WOAH DUDE. you're left handed?!?! SO weird... I never noticed before. This is crazy holy ****. my world just literally got turned upside down."

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"WOAH DUDE. you're left handed?!?! SO weird... I never noticed before. This is crazy holy ****. my world just literally got turned upside down."
I can't wait till they meet their first cross-dresser.

spider_sense

Smash Champion
You also have to remember that blacks cannot hide the fact that they are black. Gays can easily remain in the closet, and no one would be non the wiser. Even though I think it's terrible how gays and lesbians are looked down upon by society because of their sexual preference is completely absurd. However, comparing black struggle to gay struggle is completely different. I do understand that both groups did and still face atrocities back then and even now, but I also think despite how some people feel about gays; our nation and the people living in it are in fact becoming more accepting. Didn't NY recently estate a law for gay marriages? Making it easy for ANY couple to get married there without persecution from the government?

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
You also have to remember that blacks cannot hide the fact that they are black. Gays can easily remain in the closet, and no one would be non the wiser.
Sure. Gay people can remain in the closet but while they're in the closet, they'll feel like crap that they can't be themselves or just simply "let it out in the open" without the feeling of being mortified by friends and family. The fact of the matter is that gays aren't just as responsible as black people for well, being black.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
A gay person walking down the street is a person walking down the street.
A black person walking down the street is a black person walking down the street.

Spider_Sense brings up a good point. It bugs me when people compare being gay to being black, because it's not really comparable.

Nobody is saying that gay people want to hide their sexuality or that they should have to, but being able to hide that you're a minority in order to avoid prejudice is something most black people can't do.

Think of a job interview, for example.
A gay person has a major advantage over a black person in situations like this...unless the gay person is black <_<

So yeah I DUNNO. Saying that gay people are the new black people seems to be suggesting that black people at some point stopped being black people and started being people, which uh, just hasn't happened.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
A gay person walking down the street is a person walking down the street.
A black person walking down the street is a black person walking down the street.

Spider_Sense brings up a good point. It bugs me when people compare being gay to being black, because it's not really comparable.

Nobody is saying that gay people want to hide their sexuality or that they should have to, but being able to hide that you're a minority in order to avoid prejudice is something most black people can't do.

Think of a job interview, for example.
A gay person has a major advantage over a black person in situations like this...unless the gay person is black <_<

So yeah I DUNNO. Saying that gay people are the new black people seems to be suggesting that black people at some point stopped being black people and started being people, which uh, just hasn't happened.
This is a lot more legit than claiming it's "easy" to be in the closet.

frotaz37

Smash Lord
True. I don't think that's what he was trying to say though.
I think he meant that it's easy to conceal, not that concealing it is easy.

Too bad that made no sense.
YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN T_T

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's not easy to conceal when you're extremely obnoxiously flamboyant.
and they don't call that a stereotype for nothing.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
rofl this thread was such a great read

*****s got sticks up their *****

spider_sense

Smash Champion
lol I never said it wasn't easy (emotionally) that gays hide the fact that they are gay. I was just simply saying that they don't have to parade their sexual preferences. Blacks CANNOT masks the fact that they are black, and faced persecution for decades and decades.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Teran, you making enemies?
It's the SWF order. My previous enemies have gone so new enemies need to surface.

Also, I honestly don't think it's so hard being in the closet. I actually had ten times the adventure as a closeted teenager. I mean, honestly, lying to your parents, that's just what you do anyway, so it's not really much different.

I dunno, I mean, maybe you want to walk around all day with eyeliner and lip gloss and not being able to makes you upset, but ultimately, being closeted really isn't so bad. It can be inconvenient quite a lot and sure it places you under pressure but...

Bleh, I'm actually perfectly happy with my closet days if I were to go back, and stay in the closet just as long.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
You mentioned you were gay. So basically you're going to have to live the rest of your life in sexless frustration, or find a way to have incredibly unsatisfying straight sex.
No chance. Betraying a girl like that is frankly cowardice at its worst.

This thread is priceless.

Mountain_Tiger, do you want to talk about why you think homosexuality/gay sex is so wrong? This attitude of yours is not going to be good for your mental health over your life, as Pluvia mentioned...
I just don't like the idea of it. At all. It's merely a personal lifestyle choice. If other people want to do it, then that's fine, that's their own lifestyle choice. In the same way that I can accept someone being a vegetarian, even if I know that I would never want to be one.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I don't understand how you being unsatisfied will betray a girl. And I'm not talking about making yourself orgasm, that's easy, it's the whole sex act with someone you're not attracted to in general.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
I don't understand how you being unsatisfied will betray a girl. And I'm not talking about making yourself orgasm, that's easy, it's the whole sex act with someone you're not attracted to in general.
To even get to that situation in the first place, you'd have to deceive her into thinking you were interested in her. I couldn't live with myself if I did something like that.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Remove the "of frustration" part and you'll be correct. It's not like it's difficult to do or anything.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero

I just don't like the idea of it. At all. It's merely a personal lifestyle choice. If other people want to do it, then that's fine, that's their own lifestyle choice. In the same way that I can accept someone being a vegetarian, even if I know that I would never want to be one.
I DON'T think homosexuality is a choice, at least not for most people. I can't say this for sure, being straight myself and not knowing anybody that has come out, but I'm pretty sure most people don't CHOOSE to be gay.

I have trouble understanding how you can be gay, yet you're not okay with the idea of being gay.

I also have trouble understanding how you're not okay with the idea of being gay, yet if other people do it you're okay with it o.o

Um..any reasons WHY you're not okay with homosexuality?

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
He's a Christian probably.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
He's a Christian probably.
I'm not. Religion has nothing to do with it. :)

I DON'T think homosexuality is a choice, at least not for most people. I can't say this for sure, being straight myself and not knowing anybody that has come out, but I'm pretty sure most people don't CHOOSE to be gay.
You're right, it isn't a choice. If it was, I'd have chosen to be straight years ago.

I also have trouble understanding how you're not okay with the idea of being gay, yet if other people do it you're okay with it o.o
Because ultimately if other people do it, it only affects those two people, no one else. The way I see it, as long as no one else is going to be harmed by it, people should have the freedom to do what they want.

Um..any reasons WHY you're not okay with homosexuality?
Again, it's assumed that I'm against homosexuality - that's not true. I'm open to the idea of having a boyfriend, getting married (if it ever becomes legal here - 'civil partnership' just doesn't have the same ring to it!) or maybe even adopting a child someday (probably not, since I don't like children much, but in 10-15 years I might think differently). Literally the only thing I don't like about it is the idea of actually having sex with a man.

As for why I don't like it... I don't know. It just doesn't feel... right, somehow. I can't really explain it in words.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
You'd might as well be best friends in that situation. I can't think why someone would choose to look after and pay for someone elses kid when they've got no reason to. Love yeah, but sex is an important part of relationships whether we like it or not. I can be friends with someone easily, but living with them and having to share the responsibility of a kid, and well nearly everything, without the possibility of ever having sex would be torture. It'd be like living with your parents for life except worse, as you have to pay for half of everything. Plus I don't see how you could stop yourself getting jealous as he has permission to have sex with whoever he likes without any negative consequences from you.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
but living with them and having to share the responsibility of a kid, and well nearly everything, without the possibility of ever having sex would be torture
Sounds just like a typical marriage to me LOL.

Top Bottom