• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tesh

Smash Hero
1v1 mid tiers plz.
80% of people guaranteed to attend have voted 2v2, but I admire you people for trying.

Xyro, I'd like to vote mid tier 1v1 because I believe in the underdog, but if mid tier 1v1 wins I would like my vote to be recounted for 2v2 instead because thats better and no one wants to watch ****ty characters with no options try to camp each other.

If 1v1 doesn't happen, we can rematch in the ditto k zero?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
On feb 1st I'll tally das votes an create a list of people who are teaming. Like I did in the old HOBO days.

:phone:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The correct question is, "Is SA going?"
So maybe if I get a carpool spot from Valden's or if we all decide to do Megabus at last minute as we usually do things.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
I'm going to try and see how many LA people I can get committed to this. I've already gotten about 3-5 people (including myself) wanting to come to this. Sync, I might be calling on you for housing. I'm still working on reaching out to people and coordinating with people who are already interested in going. I'll keep you guys posted.

Tesh

Smash Hero
If I were to make this, could I host a PSAS tournament?

as far as I can tell, PSAS is not popular at all with the Houston scene, so unless enough SA and LA people showed up there wouldnt be much of a point :/
Allow GnW in mid tier doubles please. :(:(:(:(:(:(
I think allowing toon link would be far more entertaining and hilarious. GnW is far too good in doubles to play with the mid tiers.
Melee is better
64 is worse or even.

you should have smash 4 instead then

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
yo for reals PSAS sucks ****. I didn't think it was possible for their to be a game that's not only campier and overall ****tier than brawl, BUT TO A LARGE ****ING DEGREE. jesus christ i've never seen such a poorly designed "competitive" game in my life, and i play brawl. PSAS could quite possibly be the worst game in playstation history

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Ok good, that's settled.

now please spread the word about this event. the 1st event sets the tone for the rest of the series.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Ya'll better bring extra setups if you want Xyro to even consider running 2 games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom