• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

HOBO 39: Road to WHOBO event #1! - March 9th, 2013 - Houston, Tx

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinw0w

Smash Journeyman
I haven't been to a tournament since Final Smash 6, which was maybe 4 years ago? Watching apex has made me want to come back to brawl; I'll try to come to this.

I play Kirby for mid-tiers if anyone wants to team.

Dnyce

Smash Master
Should I practice the infinite dimensional cape for this, or will you ban it in the rule-set?

thanks in advance for either answer :awesome:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Olimar main needs more practice mashing up on the cstick?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yea, we can turn shake smash on and waggle our way to victory.

Noh

Smash Rookie
I can confirm on bringing 1 full setup. However, my Wii is not hacked to save replay data longer than 3 minutes so yeah. Also how long does a HOBO tournament last with a good turnout? If I can recall, I've been to a HOBO at the Monster's Arcade venue a LONG time ago with a buddy of mine (Gova) and that HOBO lasted almost until midnight. I am just curious because I have plans the following day so I want to prepare ahead of time in case the tourney lasts well over midnight. I do not want to worry about going home and taking the setup with me which will probably effect the speed of the tournament.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Should I practice the infinite dimensional cape for this, or will you ban it in the rule-set?

thanks in advance for either answer :awesome:
it has been banned for almost 4 years now. it is STILL banned.

I can confirm on bringing 1 full setup. However, my Wii is not hacked to save replay data longer than 3 minutes so yeah. Also how long does a HOBO tournament last with a good turnout? If I can recall, I've been to a HOBO at the Monster's Arcade venue a LONG time ago with a buddy of mine (Gova) and that HOBO lasted almost until midnight. I am just curious because I have plans the following day so I want to prepare ahead of time in case the tourney lasts well over midnight. I do not want to worry about going home and taking the setup with me which will probably effect the speed of the tournament.
Yea the HOBO you went to was abnormal. We had lots of people but low amount of set-ups. This time it wont be like that. I can get everybody out of the venue before midnight if people bring a full set-up.

Tesh

Smash Hero
tesh team w/ me.
Oh yea man definitely my :falco: and your :sheik: we can spend every game shooting people, jabbing people, getting gimped and killing at 200%.

Or we can just take 20$ and throw it off of an overpass.

Dnyce

Smash Master
or i can leave it off and then DQ people trying to abuse the loop hole.

THAT sounds like a winner to me.
What is the point in a rule-set if you are given the authority to disqualify people indiscriminately?

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
What is the point in a rule-set if you are given the authority to disqualify people indiscriminately?
So that he doesn't have to disqualify people indiscriminately all the time. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Well then, I'll just enter a tournament and the first person I play, I'll unplug their controller.

Or punch them in the face.

IT'S NOT IN THE RULESET, HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

Come on now...don't be that guy.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Tesh plz.. Ill cover the cost.. That's how much I wanna team with you lol
why not just buy someone better then? if you haven't changed your mind by next month, I'll think about it, I just don't see the appeal.
I live in houston now.... maybe i should support my 'new' environment

project m side event? ^_^
Well then, I'll just enter a tournament and the first person I play, I'll unplug their controller.

Come on, thats not even a remotely fair comparison. Its common sense that we only test skills within the game. Its not okay to touch people's stuff or hit them any time so there wouldn't need to be a rule for that.

Rulesets should encompass everything that can be done in the game or tournament setting. and @ espy all he needs is "at TOs discretion" and its perfectly fine.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
MikeHaze rule says otherwise...

Well, I don't see it, so I guess people can scream in their opponent's faces during matches.

People really need to stop being ******** with exploiting rulesets.

Tesh

Smash Hero
MikeHaze rule says otherwise...

Well, I don't see it, so I guess people can scream in their opponent's faces during matches.

People really need to stop being ******** with exploiting rulesets.
Mikehaze rule didn't need to even exist. The ICs player should have put down the controller and ***** slapped him just the same as if he had done it at a bus stop, a restaurant, a football game or church. You don't need rules for things that are already covered in everyday life. Only out of game stuff that needs governing is stuff like showing up on time to matches, bracket manipulation etc.

Noh

Smash Rookie
Yes. I'm glad to see you still play SSBB :)
Of course! I have always played within a group of buddies including Gova and never really expanded out into the community. Most of them seem to have gotten into other games or just quit entirely. So I was left with really nobody to play with! I have always wanted to play people so good where I just get destroyed which I think Asa did one tournament we went to. (Sorry it could have been someone else, don't remember exactly who it was) It was demoralizing but FUN. It makes me want to get better and I hope to see you at the HOBO though!

Xyro77

So that he doesn't have to disqualify people indiscriminately all the time. :applejack:

I am a tyrant. I do what i want, when i want and how i want. You know whats legal and not legal (whether its in the ruleset or not). Dont be a poop face.

how else can bad players win
didnt u drop sheik or rob for METAKNIGHT? LMAO

iLight

Smash Lord
I am a tyrant. I do what i want, when i want and how i want. You know whats legal and not legal (whether its in the ruleset or not). Dont be a poop face.

didnt u drop sheik or rob for METAKNIGHT? LMAO
And i almost immediately started placing top 10 to top 5 =] even pulled off an 8th place at your first whobo =p

can't play metaknight against people like royr though, i played ROB against him and sheik like 1 other time

Dnyce

Smash Master

The ruleset is there to govern all action in-game. You're argument is ******** and invalid.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Whatever.

People trying to exploit rulesets amuse me.

I hope IDC works out for you when...sorry, IF you get to grand finals.

:phone:

Xyro77

PLEASE do the IDC glitch. PLEASE

DQing people is the 2nd best thing about tournaments. I can't wait!

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Xyro, remove it from the ruleset.

Then you will get your wish.

Set the trap...

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I wish someone had the tech skill and stamina to do the IDC for 16-24 minutes each set. Honestly if someone could pull that off they'd deserve the win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom