• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hey guys, use Up-B. All the time. UPDATED WITH FORWARD AIR!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Obviously the OP was a little exaggerated. But Up-B's usefulness is giant and stuff. Seriously, it's sexy move. My synopsis on Fair I'm doing next week is going to be just as sexy.

But my favorite Up-B combo is Fair to Up-B. I've killed with it before (Halberd I think), but still.

SKidd

Smash Master
Then get Bo X7 to make a 10 minute combo video out of that one clip

Naisora

Smash Apprentice
OMFG!!! How did I miss this! THIS IS ****ING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey you know, If your opponenet has bad SDI, you can actually Utilt lock to Up B alot in low percents. Does good damage actually imo, but you gotta read his SDI.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I believe Xero's Up B usage rivals or maybe even surpasses my own.

Note: Jab1, Jab2, D smash does 20%/// Jab1, Cape, Up B does 23%

I've found many Up B combos. I think it can hit character's out of infinite jabs. Fox, Pit, CF, etc

It hits opponents on the edge. That **** is broken. Also, FF Weak spot Nair > Up B is GODLY

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Better Brawl- combo:

Uthrow -> D-air -> D-air -> Up-B -> Up-B

Instant 20-death combo.

UberMario

Smash Master
Super Jump Punch is a surprisingly good combo-finisher if your opponent has more than 50% damage by the time it is initiated, plus it's Mario's best option at getting away from Marth's grab release and chain grabs in general. I've also managed to kill with it as low as 120% on stages with low ceilings, such as Brinstar and Norfair. I'm definitely going to be using this a lot more than I had in the past, UpB da bess.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
The real reason why Up-B is useful is because the hitbox is REALLY AWESOME for forward anti-airs.

It's even more useful when there's a platform nearby to land on.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Xero, I'm gonna be honest with you.

I first saw this thread and I thought it was a troll thread, even more because it was your thread. Since I've seen people actually post in it, I finally decide to check it out and some of this **** is pretty good. I actually really like the approach with UpB thing. I might do this.

Btw, I've messed with this move before. I UpB'd someone from one side of the stage to the other. So fun.

boss8

Smash Hero
in minus what i do is (the penny for your thoughts? combo) which is

utilt<jablock<fsmash xD first time around no one is gonna expect it on heavier characters the combo is called (ill give u my 2 cents)

utilt<utilt<jab lock<fsmash xD

also using up-b as a defensive move in reg brawl is also amazing....

Kanzaki

Smash Champion
Utilt in minus is amazing cause it spikes, which sets up jab locks xD

I like utilt -> fireball -> pivot smash.... fireball got a boost in speed as well xD

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha, I love this thread. Xero, I need to play you again, and have you personally teach me how to UpB like a pro (And sorry for teaching Links the secrets to beating Mario XD ). The Fair stuff is so true though. I think I've made use of everything you mentioned in there. It's also not bad as a crossover when they're in shield and you have your back to them. They expect a Bair, you jump over them with a Fair, then if they didn't try to jump OoS to Bair you and get the 'hit-a-*****' punch spiked, follow up with jabs.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
I was wondering why Links knew what he was doing when he played against me... I figured it was just my lack of Toon Link experience!

I forgot jab followups from Fair, those would work pretty well, I can see lots of really dumb stuff coming from it, which is just awesome. (And Ftilt too now that I think about it).

OMFG FAIR TO DTILT.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, we play at least once a week, and he got intense Mario training after the last time he lost to you, vowing he would never lose to a Mario in tournament again XD

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Well he doesn't have to worry about that! There's like 5 Marios who enter tournaments. Unless I happen to get in his pool/bracket at SiiS4, which would just be silly.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Xero reminded me that I need to work on MU experience. There are a lot of characters I don't have much experience with. I mean I have a fair amount of experience with high tiers (MK, Falco, Marth, Lucario) but a good amount of mid tiers, some low tiers, and some less common high tiers like Pikachu, D3, and ZSS I want/need experience in. Oddly though, I have fairly good Zelda experience out of all characters. Pierce really enjoys playing as Zelda although he claims that she is terrible.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
It's not nearly as bad as Meta Knight. I'm actually pretty good at the D3 matchup. I've played it alot, it's just about baiting grabs and punishing will stupid things.

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
I've got a lot of weird Mid and low High Tier exp. I'm glad I don't run into a ton of competant Ikes. I hate that MU.

Also, I'll beat Links eventually, making me the second Mario he's lost to in tournament.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Xero, I think you forgot a REALLY good use for F-air.

Platform pressure. Instead of U-airing people, F-air them. It's probably more likely to shield poke, and it does more damage, and there is a small chance of tripping them at low to medium percents.

In case it wasn't known, it is in fact possible to clip the top platform of BF with a fullhop F-air. It's an option you have for platform pressure on that stage.

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
A2 coming up with legitimate suggestions, I feel like I used to do that. I don't really remember. But it really seems like something I would do. I'll add that when I have time (a.k.a. when I stop being lazy).

Uh, next update is something else that is shenanigan. Like Dair... or Utaunt or something.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
D-air landing hitbox is a shenanigan. A good one, but a shenanigan regardless.

Top Bottom