• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a love life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhan

Smash Hero
Wait.... I just read through some of your posts..

Why does it matter if you don't know Teran just to vent? It's like you're asking for help then casting it aside when a "stranger" tries to help. That's like.. going to see a Psychiatric then not saying anything to him cuz you don't know him. It doesn't matter. He's there to help YOU out.

-_-'

camerino1

Smash Lord
...Wow, I just did something stupid didn't I. Well, I must say that 2 days ago was in some sorta funk because I never do that. So to Teran, for even trying to help me and not knowing me at all makes you a REALLY great person, so thank you. To Rhan... you make a point and I feel like a jerk, sheeeeeesh, you guys must think I'm pretty bad.

Honestly, I'm sorry for that :p. So, you guys continue with the conversation that was occuring before my freak out and have an AWESOME time on the smashboards, I will be kicking around trying to make Ike seem even more awesome.

zeno101200

Smash Rookie
NNID
zeno101200
Too the originial topic, yes, I have a girlfriend, we've been dating since Valentines' Day last month.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
IN OTHER NEWS,

I plan on seeing my "love interest" this weekend on Saturday. In terms of our... desires... we haven't gotten very "tame" at all about it. We've been texting every day telling each other things we plan on... "doing" to each other (lol) and just a couple of hours ago she sent me a very, very nice "picture" that I am quite pleased with.

Life is pretty good right now... For the most part. :cool:
Part 3 of TRG's super dramatic love story...

So we decided Friday would be the day (she would be gone Saturday night). About 2 hours after school that day we started scheming like crazy to find a place we could secretly get romantic at... To make a fairly long story short, we came up with absolutely nothing.We were pretty upset about it for a while and decided we'd just have to wait even longer which was extremely frustrating to imagine.

But later that night at around 9:00 p.m. I received a miracle of a text from my dad which read, "I'm at the airport about to fly to San Diego. Your step mom should be back sometime early tomorrow." Can I get a **** yeah?!?!?!? I didn't know any of this cause I was at my mom's house for the week (my parents are divorced and I live in 2 separate houses between both mom and dad. So I immediately texted Yanna letting her know that we could meet up at my dads. So instantly I drove over to my dad's and guess who shows up right behind me?? You guessed it, my step mom! FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

I got ****blocked by my step mom and nothing ended up happening that night or at all this weekend. I came sooooooo close too. FML

rhan

Smash Hero
...Wow, I just did something stupid didn't I. Well, I must say that 2 days ago was in some sorta funk because I never do that. So to Teran, for even trying to help me and not knowing me at all makes you a REALLY great person, so thank you. To Rhan... you make a point and I feel like a jerk, sheeeeeesh, you guys must think I'm pretty bad.

Honestly, I'm sorry for that :p. So, you guys continue with the conversation that was occuring before my freak out and have an AWESOME time on the smashboards, I will be kicking around trying to make Ike seem even more awesome.
I was just saying. I didn't mean to make you feel like a diq. I honestly read through your posts cuz I wanted to help out. No one thinks your bad. We just don't want something unreasonable to happen. At least I don't.

So we decided Friday would be the day (she would be gone Saturday night). About 2 hours after school that day we started scheming like crazy to find a place we could secretly get romantic at... To make a fairly long story short, we came up with absolutely nothing.We were pretty upset about it for a while and decided we'd just have to wait even longer which was extremely frustrating to imagine.

But later that night at around 9:00 p.m. I received a miracle of a text from my dad which read, "I'm at the airport about to fly to San Diego. Your step mom should be back sometime early tomorrow." Can I get a **** yeah?!?!?!? I didn't know any of this cause I was at my mom's house for the week (my parents are divorced and I live in 2 separate houses between both mom and dad. So I immediately texted Yanna letting her know that we could meet up at my dads. So instantly I drove over to my dad's and guess who shows up right behind me?? You guessed it, my step mom! FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!

I got ****blocked by my step mom and nothing ended up happening that night or at all this weekend. I came sooooooo close too. FML
Bwuahahahaahahahahahaahahahha! Get ****ed up! lmaoooooo

Would this be your first? J/w you don't have to answer if you don't want to. But yeah waiting isn't as bad as it seems. Just keep her interested until then. If you got money just rent a hotel room for the night. The average hotel rate should be like 40 a night (At least that's how it is around here). If you get a room then the sky's the limit.

But yeah again good luck bro.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
I've put TRG's last post into a more user friendly format:

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Don't worry about it, sometimes people just want to figure stuff out on their own, or just aren't comfortable talking to others about it.

I'm actually the worst when it comes to expecting help. I'm always there to lend an ear and give advice, but I'm too stubborn to accept help from others. I don't like the idea that I'm either dependent or for some reason have what I perceive to be a lesser understanding of something than someone else.

Ultimately I try to realise that even the stupidest advice is still a perspective, and there's always a chance I could learn or gain something from it.

Of course, I'm usually too childish to accept that. :3

Vigilante

Smash Lord
My love life:

Step 1: I act nice because I care about the person.
Step 2: The girl goes "You're too nice, so I'll choose this guy who is violent and will probably beat me up and is too stupid to hold any sort of meaningful conversation. By the way, I'll pop back into your life when things will be bad and tell you that you are so much better than he is but that I don't want to date you because nice equals boring. I'll also tell you that there is no such thing as a girl that could resist your charms, but not me, I'm special. Double standards are my thing.

And because I date douchy people, I will assume that all men are douchy, thus you will pay for all of the idiotic individuals I have dated. I will automatically assume that you have ulterior motives every time you open your mouth because you are a man and men eat babies, wear dark helmets and carry red lightsabers.

I will also make sure to remain vague so that you can be tortured by uncertainty for days, weeks, months, and heck, if I feel like it, whole years! When you will ask me to be direct because you want to move on with your life, I will be angry and tell you that you should not try to inquire into my emotions. I like you better miseable and unilaterally caring about me. You're more useful that way. I will not give you a straight answer, don't even try."

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
Have you tried being a deuche then?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
thing is, you can still be nice and attractive to the girl without being a "nice guy." huge difference.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
No because he's one of those beta types.

The type that let girls always be right, that let them walk over him.

One that doesn't stand his ground.

But then he discovered rap music...

He picked up the swag

Put those hos in line

And now he's swimming in dat *****

Feel me?

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
My love life:

Step 2: The girl goes "You're too nice, so I'll choose this guy who is violent and will probably beat me up and is too stupid to hold any sort of meaningful conversation. By the way, I'll pop back into your life when things will be bad and tell you that you are so much better than he is but that I don't want to date you because nice equals boring. I'll also tell you that there is no such thing as a girl that could resist your charms, but not me, I'm special. Double standards are my thing.

And because I date douchy people, I will assume that all men are douchy, thus you will pay for all of the idiotic individuals I have dated. I will automatically assume that you have ulterior motives every time you open your mouth because you are a man and men eat babies, wear dark helmets and carry red lightsabers.

I will also make sure to remain vague so that you can be tortured by uncertainty for days, weeks, months, and heck, if I feel like it, whole years! When you will ask me to be direct because you want to move on with your life, I will be angry and tell you that you should not try to inquire into my emotions. I like you better miseable and unilaterally caring about me. You're more useful that way. I will not give you a straight answer, don't even try."
This rant is really misogynistic. Stop acting as if she owes you a relationship. As soon as you realize being nice to someone doesn't make them obligated to date you, you'll stop wasting your time crawling on your hands and knees for a girl who isn't attracted to you (if she was, she'd date you). Did she actually say those things about all men being douchey, you having ulterior motives (which you clearly do because you are not satisfied with being her friend), and not inquiring into emotions, or was that just your projected nice-guy jealousy? If so, take her advice and don't even try because she sounds like a pile of crazy wrapped in big bright red flags. If not, grow up.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
just make it clear to women that you don't give a damn

while still being attractive, yet aloof and emotionally unavailable

also, alcohol

Vigilante

Smash Lord
This rant is really misogynistic.
I respect women very much, buddy. I have never once stated that these experiences with women reflected the personalities of all women out there. You are taking an incredible amount of offense out of nothing.

Stop acting as if she owes you a relationship. As soon as you realize being nice to someone doesn't make them obligated to date you, you'll stop wasting your time crawling on your hands and knees for a girl who isn't attracted to you (if she was, she'd date you).
First, it is not a single person, but a general experience. Second, I am very much aware that "love" cannot be bought or demanded. Indeed, a relationship requires "work". Yes, work. In other words, it is the assumption that the individual is never yours to begin with. Thus, you must never take this person for granted. Furthermore, my disdain was never with women not picking the good guy, even if this stands as highly illogical, but rather with the "I don't like you, but no matter how many times you ask me to tell you the truth so you can galantly move on, I prefer to keep you in the dark". In fact, it is the lies I consider bothersome. If a girl doesn't like me and tells me straight up, it is fine. But one has the right to be offended at being lied to and used. Over time, I've grown to stop trusting people on first encounters, to take my time. Now if a girl lies to me or refuses to answer seriously to my feelings, I dump her and move on. The least someone can do is to answer your feelings honestly. I have no time to waste on hollow relationships.

Did she actually say those things about all men being douchey, you having ulterior motives (which you clearly do because you are not satisfied with being her friend), and not inquiring into emotions, or was that just your projected nice-guy jealousy? If so, take her advice and don't even try because she sounds like a pile of crazy wrapped in big bright red flags. If not, grow up.
Yes, I've been told these things many times. And you are not falling into your own game by actually putting words into my mouth and deciding that you understand a man you never once spoke to. Indeed, I have kept a few as friends, that is because they were honest. They told me right off the bat: "I don't see you that way, I'm sorry". I took it like a man and we still meet over tea regularily. I have no such thing as a nice guy jealousy, save for a genuine neurotic tendency fuelled by having met mostly opportunistic girls. Are they all like this? I doubt it. I've seen very kind and honest girls.

If not, grow up.
... I'm probably older than you, mate. You lose an argument once you dish out insults. Unless you have HIGHLY misinterpreted me, I would really much like for you te retract your statement. I don't like being called mygoginistic when I obviously am not.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer
The phrase "Grow up" doesn't refer to literal age you know. I don't think your post was misogynistic, but it does strike me as very typical beta nice guy complaining because some girl won't go out with him.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Would this be your first? J/w you don't have to answer if you don't want to. But yeah waiting isn't as bad as it seems. Just keep her interested until then. If you got money just rent a hotel room for the night. The average hotel rate should be like 40 a night (At least that's how it is around here). If you get a room then the sky's the limit.

But yeah again good luck bro.
Yes it will be my first I'm a senior in high school and am looking to get "it" outta the way before I head off to college.

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of time left I'm only going to be here for 7 weeks, but in between now and then I'm still somewhat involved with one of her best friends and she promised her boyfriend they would get back together after prom (in about 3 weeks).

I couldn't afford a hotel plus I don't know how I could secretly pull that off w/o letting my parents know.

And I know I should just be more patient but it's REALLY hard to be patient when an attractive girl wants you so bad she's sending pictures to you in your sleep. :mad: AAAAAHHHHHHH

I've put TRG's last post into a more user friendly format:
LOLOLOLOL soooo gooood. Very accurate.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
The phrase "Grow up" doesn't refer to literal age you know. I don't think your post was misogynistic, but it does strike me as very typical beta nice guy complaining because some girl won't go out with him.
I am aware of the age thing. Sarcasm on Internet sucks. Except that didn't happen anywhere recently. I wasn't even complaining and very composed when I was writing this. I'm merely expressing the fact that I'm not having any luck because I'm surrounded by the wrong kind of girl. How was this not clear? If I was "angry", I'd be using exclamation marks, or stuff like that. So you guys, could you "stop" jumping the gun? Geez.

While it is true that I am annoyed with the state of things in my current environment, so are many individuals in similar situations. I think it's a good thing to vent these things out rather than act them on an undeserving party (e.g. be unkind to all women because a few annoyed you).

Anyways, I am making myself clear, take it as you want. Sorry, but the word mysogynistic really gets on my nerves. It's one of the things I strive NOT to be.

rhan

Smash Hero
Yes it will be my first I'm a senior in high school and am looking to get "it" outta the way before I head off to college.

Unfortunately we don't have a lot of time left I'm only going to be here for 7 weeks, but in between now and then I'm still somewhat involved with one of her best friends and she promised her boyfriend they would get back together after prom (in about 3 weeks).

I couldn't afford a hotel plus I don't know how I could secretly pull that off w/o letting my parents know.

And I know I should just be more patient but it's REALLY hard to be patient when an attractive girl wants you so bad she's sending pictures to you in your sleep. :mad: AAAAAHHHHHHH
Ha to be fair I didn't lose mine until after High School and my 18th birthday (Which was last June) it honestly wasn't until late July. I don't recommend getting it "out of the way". Just wait until the moment is right cuz then it wouldn't be as good. Plus it probably would be a lot better in College anyway if you're going to be living on Campus.

You can always just tell your parents your spending to night at [insert best friend's name here]. Then have that guy cover for you if they call him or some ****. lmaoooo

If she's teasing you then you should tease her back. lmaooo that's what I do with my Girlfriend cuz she does say some in depth things that are like.. fuuuuuuuuu! Waiting though is a *****. I only get to see my girlfriend once or twice a month and we only have that chance one weekend each time. So I can understand where you're coming from.

Sim

Smash Apprentice

You should post that on fmylife.com

JPOBS

Smash Hero
The first time is honestly not that remarkable, especially if you use a condum.

I wouldn't be surprised if TRG comes back on here and is less than amazed, especially how much he seems to be hyping it to himself lol.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I wouldn't be surprised if TRG comes back on here and is less than amazed, especially how much he seems to be hyping it to himself lol.
If it's anywhere near as good as
a good bj
I'm sure I'll be satisfied thank you very much sir.

But from the sound of things it sounds like you didn't enjoy your first very much? If so, that blows.

RATED

Smash Lord
My love life:

-

When you are with a girl and you are about to go eat something, if she ask you where to eat what would you say? if your response is "whatever you want" or something like that. You are doomed. Since a girl wants someone who is his own personality.

-

Girls like personality so if you don't show her some of your own personality, you don't get the "princess"

-

Don't treat them like they are perfect, No one is perfect and you don't have to treat them like that.

=

Question: You were raised with only your mom? I was raised was like and I used to be the Typical nice guy. I am still nice to girls but showing myself as I am and not a "slave" of her.

Vigilante

Smash Lord

I've actually heard people say that the first time is underwhelming compared to when both partners gain experience.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
My love life:

You my friend are doing it all wrong.

Don't treat them like they are perfect, No one is perfect and you don't have to treat them like that.
This times 100.

One of the worst things you can do to a girl you're interested in is spoil her. If you do that you're letting her have all of the control. Girls (in most situations) want the guy to be able to wear the pants in a relationship.

Don't try to text her every day.
Don't constantly buy her gifts.
Don't constantly compliment her.
Don't try to be around her 24/7.
Most of all DON'T BE OBVIOUS THAT YOU LIKE HER. KEEP HER GUESSING.

Let her be drawn towards YOU. Girls like the thrill of the chase.

It's backwards psychology. The less the girl knows, the more she's drawn to you.

xLeafybug =D

Smash Master
The whole idea of "waiting" always seemed so strange to me. Why "wait" for something that millions, if not billions of people do on a daily basis, and if you're any type of normal, something that you'll likely do hundreds of times in the future?

Also, treat girls horribly. It works all the time.

Vigilante

Smash Lord
My new style is simple, really. The last time I was interested in a girl, which was like a good while ago, I just took a more "I don't care approach". I don't mean that I felt nothing, but I took a more... relaxed stance, not to let the outcome bother me much.

To be honest, I much prefer that to my previous "I'm going to sulk for months/years and let perfectly good opportunities slip by" approach.

Now I just need to do something about the "weirdo magnet" I got. The last girl who tried to ask me out wanted to make a yaoi manga starring me and Edward from Twilight and sell it at a con. x_x. Although she wasn't evil, kind of a turnoff.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
If it's anywhere near as good as
a good bj
I'm sure I'll be satisfied thank you very much sir.

But from the sound of things it sounds like you didn't enjoy your first very much? If so, that blows.
Well heres the thing.

the first time, it has that awesome "omg im having sex this is awesome" feeling. But in retrospect, it wasn't that amazing. Absolutely every single person i've ever spoken to in real life has echo'd my statement. Many guys I've spoken said they didn't even c** the first time (i didn't either). I've also seen multiple second hand accounts on numerous internet forums where many many people have basically said the firs ttime is overrated.

Granted, whether or not you use a condom is huge. but yea, the bottom line is that sex generally gets better when you're experienced, and also have the liberty to not use a condum (cuz ur in a long relationship or something)

my first time i used a condom, and it also wasn't with a girl i "loved" so theres that as well. It was still enjoyable, i mean hell, it was sex, but i'm just telling u straight

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I was going to say first times are incredibly overrated but then I realised that you never hear too much about first times being fantastic. You hear about sex in general being great, but when do you ever hear about first times being great? Almost never. You hear that you'll remember it for the rest of your life, which you will unfortunately, but that's about it mostly.

So I guess in that sense they're not overrated.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master

I have never once stated that these experiences with women reflected the personalities of all women out there.
First, it is not a single person, but a general experience.
:oneeye:

Now if a girl lies to me or refuses to answer seriously to my feelings, I dump her and move on. The least someone can do is to answer your feelings honestly. I have no time to waste on hollow relationships.

Yes, I've been told these things many times. And you are not falling into your own game by actually putting words into my mouth and deciding that you understand a man you never once spoke to. Indeed, I have kept a few as friends, that is because they were honest. They told me right off the bat: "I don't see you that way, I'm sorry". I took it like a man and we still meet over tea regularily.
This is so much better than what I responded to, and none of this came across in your post. Especially with the "step 1" and "step 2" thing. You made it sound like a process or a formula. If that was a one time thing then ok fine you're not a misogynist, just an unlucky nice guy. I still don't like that post because instead of airing frustrations you say in very clear terms that it's her fault; that she is shallow and vindictive. It just came off as "spurned nice guy". Whatever.

... I'm probably older than you, mate. You lose an argument once you dish out insults. Unless you have HIGHLY misinterpreted me, I would really much like for you te retract your statement. I don't like being called mygoginistic when I obviously am not.
I said if you made up the stuff about the girl saying that crazy **** then you should grow up. There's nothing wrong with being friends with a girl but your post reads like you're borderline postal over it. If she actually said those things then dump that **** like a sack of bricks.

I also refuse to believe that you're anywhere near my age and still involved with such immature girls.

Contributing to the "first time" talk, I lost my virginity to an ugly chick so I regret it now. But at the time it was pretty awesome, so I wouldn't say it's underwhelming in general. We didn't use a condom because we were too chicken to buy some and she was already on BC for hormone imbalances. Ah, memories.

rhan

Smash Hero

Damn I guess I'm the only one that believed in waiting. Only had sex with one person and I plan on marrying her.

I guess it's kinda a moral thing. I'm not highly religious but I don't believe one should *****1 their body out like that. Also being a virgin for so long gave me so many opportunities to get it in. So mehhhhh.

Luigitoilet

shattering perfection
BRoomer

Damn I guess I'm the only one that believed in waiting. Only had sex with one person and I plan on marrying her.

I guess it's kinda a moral thing. I'm not highly religious but I don't believe one should *****1 their body out like that. Also being a virgin for so long gave me so many opportunities to get it in. So mehhhhh.
Why not? I'm not saying one should or should not sleep with everyone possible but why is it morally reprehensible to have sex?

Vigilante

Smash Lord
eighteenspikes, I did actually do no wrong. I never overstepped my bounds. If a girl doesn't say "yes" to me, that is her choice. None of it is really my fault. She deems that we are incompatible, and let's just leave it at that. My only gripe was never getting a straight answer when I tell the person, literally: "Look, right now, you're telling me you're not ready to decide yet, but it's been months. If nothing is going to happen between us, tell me so I can move on. I won't get mad, I won't abandon you, I just want to know.". I think that is reasonable. I've had this experience many times, and I know why this is happening. the girls are afraid to hurt you, so they make up excuses or delay the answer because they don't know how to tell you. It's not necessarily an "evil" for a lack a better word, act. But, if soemone has the courage to share his feelings with another, that person must in kind give an honest answer, or they ar emerely prolonging that person's suffering. Tha tmight not even run through their minds, but this is a reality, nonetheless. I'm not really the kind of guy to go "She doesn't like me? OMG, bad girl". But I value honesty and I don't like to be taken for a fool either, if that makes sense to you. I'm actually smart, I can tell that I'm being lied to most of the time.

And likely, the reason you could have misinterpreted my post is because I offered no context.

And I'm late 24, I tend to try and date girls around 25-28 years old on average. There are immature people of all ages, so I think the age argument is moot anyways.

Finally, I made nothing up, although it was paraphrased. And again, I am not talking about a particular individual but a general tendency. The one that seems to come back more often is "I'm not sure, I'll get back to you". They just don't get back to me. Now, I just move on without them. Back then, I was a very innocent "I'll wait forever" kinda guy. I grew out of that phase.

There have been, I believe, two girls who told me "I'm sorry, I don't see you that way". And I respect them a lot, and we still hang out. I was actually happy to get a decent answer. So it's not really being annoyed at a no, but annoyed at a disrespectful treatment.

As for the "steps", I'm just describing the usual stuff that happens in my life. Don't read too much into it. If I was talking about a girl in particular, I wouldn't be so mechanistical.

Bah, let's just leave it like this. Maybe the way I expressed myself was not very clear.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
It's not, most people fail to realize that sex is another essential part of the human experience, as well as a simple biological function meant to contribute significantly to the perpetuation of the human race. Monogamy as a concept is rather silly and only preached widely due to various religions and propaganda.

I'm not saying monogamy isn't forced to work in some situations, I'm just saying it's directly opposed to what sex is essentially for. Which is fine, there are plenty of basic functions of the human body assigned different connotations due to societal norms.

Way back in the day, before God invented Wal-Mart and doors, sex was something that mommeh and daddeh did in the middle of the night when they thought everyone else was sleeping. Families used to sleep in one room together. Sex was just something grown ups did that sounded kind of funny, but that wasn't really a big deal. Now, however, people have privacy. People discover their bodies and sexual desires by themselves, and hopefully they're responsible enough to not let that screw them up. They're told so many things growing up about what sex should or shouldn't be, they really can't make their own decision about it. Eventually they take an arbitrary stance on it then backwards rationalize why they feel about it. Dave Grossman PhD on that motherfugga.

But to be honest, saying something like:
Only had sex with one person and I plan on marrying her.
Is straight up unrealistic.

Also, your first time isn't gonna be that awesome. I didn't shoot my load the first time, or the second time for that matter. I felt pretty much like a badass afterwards. it's just cool knowing that you're no longer a virgin, so it's really more a moral than carnal victory. I did also have a friend capture it on tape. :D And everyone thinks that their very first blowjob is the best, but wait until one day you encounter a girl who has had more ****s in her mouth than teeth, and you'll really know what a good blowjob is. I wish you luck on your sexual journey, TRG.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom