• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a love life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
When I was in 11th grade.. I moved to the boonies and all the hoes loved me.

No really. I couldn't get a good or decent girl to like me. First girl that had a crush on me here was a straight sex junkie and she wasn't even that cute.. -_-'

Btw enjoy your High School years while you can. Everything goes down hill from there.. lmaoooo
lol, college >>>>>>> high school.

Also how is it that everybody on SWF and the internet in general seems to be about good personalities and common interests and are forever alone, whereas everyone else is just like lol take 'em as they come and end up with great relationships?

word. i will undoubtedly take the 10 over the 6 who has more in common with me. i need something to look good on my arm afterall.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
True story

And you know the funny thing is, I always find it more interesting to be with someone who doesn't share your interests. You're actually liable to learn a lot of new things and hear things in a different light. Of course people are scared of different so...

Still, it's nice to hear what they have to say...

When their mouth isn't full :denzel:

JPOBS

Smash Hero
lol teran i noticed the same exact thing.

i honestly think its mostly the younger, high school folk who think that way though.
Most people in university and onwards generally gave up on that romantic idealism bs.

I don't know a single straight male my age who would turn down a bit of fun with a lady friend.

camerino1

Smash Lord
What if he is gay, then he would turn it down :p. But thats only about 6% of all guys (I think thats where it sits now) and i haven't ever really had a relationship before, so I want to make sure that my first time counts (not counting what i did at the age of 6 :p).

RATED

Smash Lord
lol teran i noticed the same exact thing.

i honestly think its mostly the younger, high school folk who think that way though.
Most people in university and onwards generally gave up on that romantic idealism bs.

I don't know a single straight male my age who would turn down a bit of fun with a lady friend.
Yeah, I agree with this dude so much. Being the "nice guy" most of the time is not cool when is about girls, is just that some people realize a bit late that " Jamie Sullivan " of your dreams doesnt exist and that women are normal human beings that are not perfect and that they do not seek perfection.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
What if he is gay, then he would turn it down :p. But thats only about 6% of all guys (I think thats where it sits now) and i haven't ever really had a relationship before, so I want to make sure that my first time counts (not counting what i did at the age of 6 :p).
That's the mentality that keeps you forever alone.

Personally when you're young I think it's paramount to work on your game. Once you've got that part worked out, you can take it to the next step and find a good partner.

People who want a meaningful relationship with someone as the first relationship ever are sort of running before they can walk. They want to get a girl but they have NO idea what to do in the courting phase. They'd be GREAT if they got to the relationship phase, except all that happens is they get locked into forever friend zone.

Which is why kids need to learn to turn their swag up.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer

Personally when you're young I think it's paramount to work on your game. Once you've got that part worked out, you can take it to the next step and find a good partner.

People who want a meaningful relationship with someone as the first relationship ever are sort of running before they can walk. They want to get a girl but they have NO idea what to do in the courting phase. They'd be GREAT if they got to the relationship phase, except all that happens is they get locked into forever friend zone.

right there kids

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I have horrible luck and always find out later in the relationship that the girl is crazy. >_> One of my exes also has a kid now, rofl.

I'm moving to the next province over in 3 months, so I'm not bothering with anything at the moment. Just having fun and doing other things. :awesome:

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I thought he meant he liked animals

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Glyph you're total animal and I like you. >:3

camerino1

Smash Lord
Well... I guess so... I don't like girls and I can only picture myself with a guy... so ya... but I'm still not quite accepting of it, and the guys that I know that are don't make me feel any better. I guess i just need someone i can trust to talk to about it because I really don't have anyone to talk to... nothing like spilling your guts out for everyone on the smashboards...

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
I have horrible luck and always find out later in the relationship that the girl is crazy. >_> One of my exes also has a kid now, rofl.

I'm moving to the next province over in 3 months, so I'm not bothering with anything at the moment. Just having fun and doing other things. :awesome:
I would crazy ex moneymatch you. One girl I dated has her own article on encyclopedia dramatica :urg:

when I was in 11th grade.. I moved to the boonies and all the hoes loved me.

No really. I couldn't get a good or decent girl to like me. First girl that had a crush on me here was a straight sex junkie and she wasn't even that cute.. -_-'

Btw enjoy your High School years while you can. Everything goes down hill from there.. lmaoooo
haha high school was the worst for me because I had this whole mentality where I thought all the girls at my school were unappealing. I held out with that stupid "*SIGHH*if only I could meet a clever, quirky, down-to-earth girl who just wants to chill and play video games together, just like me~~, id do anything to make her happy" and basically hated traditionally attractive girls unconsciously on the premise that they were popular. I think it had a lot to do with low self esteem and fear of rejection.

Early in high school, I finally found ~*~my dream girl~*~ at a DDR tournament and that same stupid "ill be the best boyfriend ever" mentality (combined with her being crazy (i mean come on, i met her at a DDR tournament)) resulted in a soul crushing relationship in which I was miserable for almost 5 years. After that I stopped giving a **** about rejection, although I still had low self esteem so my standards were rock bottom and I shot low, both physically and mentally (see "crazy ex" comment above).

I've come a long way since then, and I don't regret my choices because of how much I learned. But part of me still despises my old self, and that's why a lot of my posts in here probably come off as bitter. Partners may come and go but it's extremely important to respect them, and yourself, otherwise you'll end up as unhappy as I was.

Xianglian said:
I was just offended by this whole thread. Hooray :)
You sure are close minded for someone who self identifies as ~CRAZY~. Contribute or **** off.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
There was a girl I knew in high school, I forgot her name, but she was a girl I seriously wanted to date.

Her name escapes me because I'm absolutely terrible with names, but she was a girl I wanted to just run up ot her and admit how I felt about her.

But she moved, and being the coward I was I never admitted my true feelings to her.

That choice I forever regret, true story.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
There was a girl I knew in high school, I forgot her name, but she was a girl I seriously wanted to date.

Her name escapes me because I'm absolutely terrible with names, but she was a girl I wanted to just run up ot her and admit how I felt about her.

But she moved, and being the coward I was I never admitted my true feelings to her.

That choice I forever regret, true story.
lol sup red ryu

good post, regret is a really strong emotion and that was the first thing I wanted to change when I got out of that relationship. I just said **** it and started asking out girls that seemed cute and interesting. It's funny cause I used to be so afraid of rejection but I have literally never been shot down. Yes I did aim low a lot but some of my exes, despite being crazy, were kinda cute, so I definitely advocate the "just ask her out you dork" approach. If she says yes, cool! If she says no, move on to the next girl because it wouldn't have panned out anyways! Win-win.

Marth307

Smash Journeyman
lol sup red ryu

good post, regret is a really strong emotion and that was the first thing I wanted to change when I got out of that relationship. I just said **** it and started asking out girls that seemed cute and interesting. It's funny cause I used to be so afraid of rejection but I have literally never been shot down. Yes I did aim low a lot but some of my exes, despite being crazy, were kinda cute, so I definitely advocate the "just ask her out you dork" approach. If she says yes, cool! If she says no, move on to the next girl because it wouldn't have panned out anyways! Win-win.
Im becoming more like this too if they just say NO and dot want to even try to get to know you then **** em,you would be better off without someone like that...spike we have similar backgrounds my first relationship was in 7th grade and it lasted till my sophomore year in highschool,I was so meserable that once it was over for a while i didnt even think about women because i thought they would all be just GOD AWFUL :urg: but after a while i just realized cool girls are out there an now i have friendly "relationships" with quite a few girls my age and older :awesome: dont let anyone tell you any different sex is the 3rd best thing you can do the 2nd being eating....the 1st SMASHING!!!!!!!!! :smash::smash::smash::smash:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Well... I guess so... I don't like girls and I can only picture myself with a guy... so ya... but I'm still not quite accepting of it, and the guys that I know that are don't make me feel any better. I guess i just need someone i can trust to talk to about it because I really don't have anyone to talk to... nothing like spilling your guts out for everyone on the smashboards...
It's a long process.

I didn't really accept it fully until I was like 18, even though I'd been with guys for years.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Maybe he's playing hard to get. :3

Kanelol

Smash Lord
I'm in high school right now. As someone who's always had some severe self-esteem issues, lemme let you guys in on a secret: As long as you act confident, it doesn't matter whether or not you actually are, women will love you either way. Women want someone who's sure of himself, regardless of who himself actually is.

This might help some of you, in spite of it's superficial appearance it has a few pretty deep insights into female psychology.

http://iwillteachyoutogetlaid.blogspot.com/

JPOBS

Smash Hero

This guy, full of wisdom.

rhan

Smash Hero
I'm in high school right now. As someone who's always had some severe self-esteem issues, lemme let you guys in on a secret: As long as you act confident, it doesn't matter whether or not you actually are, women will love you either way. Women want someone who's sure of himself, regardless of who himself actually is.

This might help some of you, in spite of it's superficial appearance it has a few pretty deep insights into female psychology.

http://iwillteachyoutogetlaid.blogspot.com/
Exactlyyy!

Females love confidence. But it also doesn't help to have style and a little bit of swagg.

Xianglian

Smash Journeyman
Women want someone who's sure of himself
This x1,000,000,000

For some reason, all the guys that were attracted to me were spineless mindless guys who thought that catering to my every whim was being a good boyfriend.

Ugh

It sounds nice but it was annoying when every single time I asked "where do you want to eat" I got the same tired old answer of "anywhere you want to eat" ASDKLHFSAKJFHSUIGF!!!

It's nice to have consideration, but a relationship is supposed to be dynamic. Disagreement is apart of a relationship. Having only MY ideas is boring, it's like i'm dating a blank sheet of paper.

Confidence is key, arrogance is not. There is a thin line.

eighteenspikes

Smash Master
This x1,000,000,000

For some reason, all the guys that were attracted to me were spineless mindless guys who thought that catering to my every whim was being a good boyfriend.

Ugh

It sounds nice but it was annoying when every single time I asked "where do you want to eat" I got the same tired old answer of "anywhere you want to eat" ASDKLHFSAKJFHSUIGF!!!

It's nice to have consideration, but a relationship is supposed to be dynamic. Disagreement is apart of a relationship. Having only MY ideas is boring, it's like i'm dating a blank sheet of paper.

Confidence is key, arrogance is not. There is a thin line.
ha nice post. Spineless -- that's a pretty good description of the average "nice guy". Guys who kiss the ground a girl walks on will always have it backfire. A normal girl would go "uhh chill out, im not that special" and is why they tend to end up in the "friend zone" (to anyone who has heard this: they don't necessarily want to be your friend. they just aren't attracted to you and that's the easy letdown). Similarly, a spineless girl will soak up that free attention and give back as little as possible. But it kinda seems like all guys who grow up as nice guys need a falling out to learn this.

I was once on the exact opposite side of the situation once. My sister tried hooking me up with a desperately single friend of hers by taking me out with a group of her friends on cinco de mayo. Let's call her Peach. I didn't find her physically attractive but I had a few drinks at a mexican restaurant and loosened up a little. We all walked to a college bar downtown. I said I was gonna head out because I was driving home and didn't want to get drunk, and :peach: mysteriously decided she "didn't like bars" and followed me to my car. The way back I just small talked the **** out of her. School, jobs, hometown. Extremely safe, unoffensive, time fillers. I got to my car and was like "well, nice meeting you, tell the other girls I said bye" and went home. The next day my sister sent me a text saying :peach: thought I was THE MOST AMAZING GUY IN THE WORLD and talked about me all night and posted about me on her facebook wall. She also thought I was way into her, that I was flirting with her, and even said I was "dropping pickup lines all night". I was like LOL WHAT. I thought it was creepy as hell and told my sister to say I had a girlfriend. Unfortunately this ruined my chances with her other, hotter friends :zerosuitsamus: But that night I knew exactly what it feels like to be unattracted to a desperate girl, so I sympathize with all the girls who have nice guys forever holding torches for them.

rhan

Smash Hero
I just think personally girls don't know what they want.

I grew up from a single mother and turned out to be a "nice guy". So I tend to have a bit more respect towards females then the average guy. I can sympathize with their feelings and understand what they're going through. I was being used by a few girls but it's not that hard to quickly catch on to when a girl is using you for your car or money. So I usually do one nice thing and if I feel like I'm being abused then I give them the boot. Then all of a sudden I'm hot **** to them and they come running back to me and I just continue to ignore them and say the most simplest **** to them.

Like this one girl during my Junior year. She was like a Sophomore and I just thought she was cute so I tried to get to know her. We hung out like a few times but it was mainly taking her places or picking her up. So I though for the first few times it would be like "Hey I could get cool points with this girl". So I did so. After the 2nd time of doing this I was like... Nah I'm doing something. Then Senior year comes along and she saw me talking to another girl (How I've become very close friends) and was pretty much on my diq about things. It's like the more I continued to ignore her the more she wanted me. Anyway Graduation comes around and when we all leave the hall and she comes out of nowhere and hugs me and says "Heyyyyyyy" in some kind of sexy way. Then she's like.. you trying to go do something later. And I was like... "Nah I'm good" and walked off with my best friend.

Moral of the story. Girls don't now what they want until it's gone. Most girls tend to fall for the ******* and cast away the ones that actually matter. Being a nice guy doesn't mean that they're spineless. They just want to treat you like the hero instead of the side kick. I never changed who I was for a female and I never plan to. But I am thankful that I have found my significant other and that she loves me for being a nice guy and a protector. I always try to do nice things for her and I don't worship the ground she stands on but I always tell her I'm blessed to be in her presence. We've only had two real arguments but we've always pulled through them because even though we don't agree on things at times we learned to accept each other for who we are.

Yuuuuupppp.

Jus sayian. Had to speak my mind on that.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I have only had relationships with girls in the past, so I don't know what it's like to actually be "in love". I only want someone that I can relate to at this point, not even a relationship.
I'm an average acting guy, nothing different... and yet I have always been picked on by people and they called me "gay" (...I don't act flamboyent, I think). So I find it difficult to accept because I am the one thing I didn't want to be growing up.
Either way, I just want someone that I can talk to...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
dude, see a councillour or something, sounds like you have bigger issues.
i don't mean this to be offense, im being sincere

camerino1

Smash Lord
I was always called gay growing up by some of the people that I was closest with (my uncle who is 2 years older then me) and so it hurts now to be the one thing I didn't want to be... (well, not the one thing because there are worse things, but it kills the self-esteem)

So I need someone to talk to that is a guy, that's into guys and not all that flamboyent, because every guy that I know of that is gay is also flamboyent... so I feel even worse knowing how odd I am in my closest community...

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man I have no gay friends lol, never did. I knew gay guys but never talked to them about it.

I just kinda rationalised it with myself.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I grew up around someone who thought it was terrible and called me that all the time, so it's taken it's toll (needless to say I try to avoid him as much as possible).

I don't know what to do though because of where I live, it's one of the mining capitals of the world so the people here aren't super friendly... which is why I'm moving to Ottawa. (On a side note: sorry about double posting, I'm new and terrible with internet stuff)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom