• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Have a love life?

Status
Not open for further replies.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Oh and about the girls being a best friend thing I agree, but I'll admit that I'm one of the few guys that gets along with girls better a lot more than guys. I'd say about 60% of my friends are girls, and 2 of my 3 best friends are indeed female. I'm the "guy with a lot of girl friends (friend girls?) but isn't gay." I'm sure guys like that are everywhere.
*raises hand*
So basically you didn't start out in friend zone meaning you never will be true friend zone.

I'm gay and I don't really get along with girls at all, not unless they're pretty tomboyish in which case it's just like getting alone with anoher bro.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTHL0MAWkmY
Lol I seriously don't think I've ever seen or heard of a gay guy that doesn't get along with girls. That concept is definitely new to me.
this.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I could probably elaborate on my reasons as to why, and I'm sure that Teran's would be near enough identical, but I feel people would interpret it wrong.

camerino1

Smash Lord
So basically you didn't start out in friend zone meaning you never will be true friend zone.

I'm gay and I don't really get along with girls at all, not unless they're pretty tomboyish in which case it's just like getting alone with anoher bro.
Girls have been driving up the wall lately. I have 1 friend who is a girl that I still enjoy talking to (she is my brawl partner). The others just talk about boys and clothing, quite irksome they are.

One just had a boyfriend that she went all the way with, now she thinks she is top dog (in reality, reverse this and you get exactly what she has become over the past 6 months.)

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Cuz love life discussion sans sex is very touchy feely. Theres nothing concrete to discuss if we're talkng about emotions, and tbh its kind of boring hearing about people's actual love interest.

Like people in happy stable relationships, what are they going to say "yea me gf went to dinner tonight and cuddled and talked, it was fun" no one else cares to hear that.

Sex is something everyone can relate to on a physical level and stories can be somewhat interesting.
actually, I disagree completely.

i actually thoroughly enjoy hearing about peoples stable loving relationships. partially because they seem to be so few and far between these days. but mostly because I see myself in an 'in training' phase, currently in terms of relationships. So I like to hear how people act when they arent fighting, what are nice things to do randomly, how to be a gentlemen in different situations and all that jazz. along with the problems and bumpy roads and how to handle those issues in the most tactful way possible and all that. Basically I learn how to be a better boyfriend/husband/lover/father/friend through the experiences of others. its fun seeing how people see and react to different circumstances. so that i can learn from them and either avoid things that cause problems or do things to minimize them when the do come up. stuff like that you know?

Most of the users here are in high school or college and male.
this is probably the best explanation for the state of the thread currently
I could probably elaborate on my reasons as to why, and I'm sure that Teran's would be near enough identical, but I feel people would interpret it wrong.
do it anyway, were pretty much at the end of this whole what is this thread for argument, and everybody that is a regular on this thread has told there story so until some happens to somebody besides TRG, (since hes apparently the only one here who knows how to make moves on females and have a little drama with it too) were basically at a stand still. so an in depth discussion on that would be a good change of pace maybe.
Girls have been driving up the wall lately. I have 1 friend who is a girl that I still enjoy talking to (she is my brawl partner). The others just talk about boys and clothing, quite irksome they are.

One just had a boyfriend that she went all the way with, now she thinks she is top dog (in reality, reverse this and you get exactly what she has become over the past 6 months.)
that just made me think of these two clips, my brain is weird lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE9EGfrTH1s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfpNkeyPXFs

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
Like people in happy stable relationships, what are they going to say "yea me gf went to dinner tonight and cuddled and talked, it was fun" no one else cares to hear that.
it may not sound exciting but it's probably pretty meaningful to them, and that's what counts, eh? and sex is a natural byproduct of that kind of meaningful relationship.

edit: KID, you're great.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
it may not sound exciting but it's probably pretty meaningful to them, and that's what counts, eh? and sex is a natural byproduct of that kind of meaningful relationship.

edit: KID, you're great.
i've got nothing against people coming on an spilling their stories of "true love". They'd probably be well received even. i was just postulating as to why that doesn't happen more often.

actually, I disagree completely.

i actually thoroughly enjoy hearing about peoples stable loving relationships. partially because they seem to be so few and far between these days. but mostly because I see myself in an 'in training' phase, currently in terms of relationships. So I like to hear how people act when they arent fighting, what are nice things to do randomly, how to be a gentlemen in different situations and all that jazz. along with the problems and bumpy roads and how to handle those issues in the most tactful way possible and all that. Basically I learn how to be a better boyfriend/husband/lover/father/friend through the experiences of others. its fun seeing how people see and react to different circumstances. so that i can learn from them and either avoid things that cause problems or do things to minimize them when the do come up. stuff like that you know?
i feel you.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Stangers, again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSdELZxEnHY

Video is relevant to this thread. I find it very accurate, to not only gf/bf relationships, but also close friendships. As well as Family to some extent, the "comfortable" phase.

1. The Meeting
2. The Chase
3. Honeymoon
4. Comfortable
5. Tolerance
6. Downhill
7. Breaking up

Modified for a positive outcome anyone?

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
1. The Meeting
2. The Chase
3. Honeymoon
4. Comfortable/desiring someone on multiple levels
5. Tolerance/forgiveness
6. Unconditional love/humbleness/truly knowing someone/letting yourself be known

My positive outcome theory :)

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
This is how it personally pans out on my end.

1. Meeting
2. Overpowering need to chase
3. The HUNT!
4. Success!
5. Instant boredom afterwards
6. Move on

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Looks like Cao and I have completely different tastes lol.

Rici

I think I just red myself
BRoomer
NNID
Riciardos
The Real Gamer said:
Oh and about the girls being a best friend thing I agree, but I'll admit that I'm one of the few guys that gets along with girls better a lot more than guys. I'd say about 60% of my friends are girls, and 2 of my 3 best friends are indeed female. I'm the "guy with a lot of girl friends (friend girls?) but isn't gay." I'm sure guys like that are everywhere.

I actually had to MAKE that pic because it was nowhere to be found on the interweb. How is that not insanity.

Kanelol

Smash Lord
For me it usually goes

1. Meeting
2. Immediate Infatuation (From her towards myself)
3. Take advantage for a while/Ignore

or

1. Meeting
2. Awkward "She doesn't like me" stage
3. JUZ FRANDZ

JPOBS

Smash Hero
its funny that he spent all of about 4 and a half minutes on the good parts of the relationship. stages 1-4

then spent like double the time on each of the later bad parts. Kinda echoes what i was saying earlier about how no one cares/wants to know about touchy feely emotional stuff.

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
So his relationships only last about 13 and a half minutes?

Honestly don't even know who you're talking about but that is probably a record if he's consistent.

crawlshots

Smash Apprentice
I didn't watch the video, but my guess is also that people want to hear more about how stuff goes wrong so that they can identify it and avoid it or correct it etc. But I would like to hear more positive for sure.

This is page 69. Oh snap.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
This is page 26 if you use the one true PPP

camerino1

Smash Lord
I see, I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but I just watched over an hours worth of string theory and my mind is boggled. A parallel dimension could be only 1mm away from us, but because we are physical matter, we can't get through. This is also an explaination as to why gravity is so weak, it's seeping into the other dimensions.... uhhhh, my brain.

camerino1

Smash Lord
Nothing in the least, my mind has just been completely destroyed and I had to write something. On a more thread related note, my friend that went out with a guy and thinks she is everything great now has stopped talking to me. I'm kinda glad.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
So his relationships only last about 13 and a half minutes?

Honestly don't even know who you're talking about but that is probably a record if he's consistent.
I can't really tell if this was supposed to be directed at me or not because its the top of a new page (30 PPP thats whats up)

but if it was, then try to follow the thread a little more closely and the context of my comment becomes more clear.

Palpi

Smash Hero
I see, I don't know what that's supposed to mean, but I just watched over an hours worth of string theory and my mind is boggled. A parallel dimension could be only 1mm away from us, but because we are physical matter, we can't get through. This is also an explaination as to why gravity is so weak, it's seeping into the other dimensions.... uhhhh, my brain.
I have spent like 6 months studying that ****. Quantum physics for the ****ing win!

(not actually studying..but ive honestly seen like over 1000 youtube videos on string/m/theory, quantum physics and all that jazz)

camerino1

Smash Lord
I have spent like 6 months studying that ****. Quantum physics for the ****ing win!

(not actually studying..but ive honestly seen like over 1000 youtube videos on string/m/theory, quantum physics and all that jazz)
Same, I'm presenting it to my physics class tomorrow. I hope it goes well and people ask questions.

DtJ Glyphmoney

BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
I can't really tell if this was supposed to be directed at me or not because its the top of a new page (30 PPP thats whats up)

but if it was, then try to follow the thread a little more closely and the context of my comment becomes more clear.
Not really, none of the lists have any mention of time as far as I can gather.

camerino1

Smash Lord
I'm studying the math as i write this. It's a very complicated equation that it starts off as that I am not sure how to write it on a computer

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Not really, none of the lists have any mention of time as far as I can gather.
they are lists from a video posted on the last page where the maker of the video goes into the proposed "7 stages of relationships"

i was pointing out that in terms of material covered in the video, only about a quarter of the video length is devoted to the "up" side of a relationship and the other 3/4 is about the "down" sides.

I was referencing a conversation we were having a little bit further back about why the thread is mostly either "just sex" related or "i can't get a gf" related, and the reason I proposed was that those two topics are infinitely more apt for discussion than the "im in a good relationship" topic. So i was using the video as an example to further my point which a few people disagreed with (which is fine), that theres not much to talk about when it comes to healthy relationships as evidenced by the fact that the video just glosses over it all.

i mean one video isn't exactly scholarly evidence but whatever its just interesting to note.

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Looks like Cao and I have completely different tastes lol.
actually, probably not -- i have my preferences that are definitely more typical, but i can appreciate others all the same. and since i'm in the philippines for the next 12 months+, why the hell not?

if england is anything like australia, asian dudes are almost always treated like second class citizens -- and the asian dudes do it to themselves as well. having said that, i appreciate most dudes that have good builds and personalities that are in tune with me, but the guys i have hooked up with are... let's see... hungarian, argentinian, scottish, aussie (duh) and american, lol

edit: what mini said: nobody likes asians. pretty sure if i wouldn't be able to get laid at all if i looked super-asian. peeps seem to think i'm half something else

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Man east asians are treated just fine over here, it's south asians and blacks that come across prejudice (and polish people lol).

But yeah sexually I'm a complete racist, I only really seem to like white boys, and I find some east asians cute too, but not often. Half asians are usually like ffffffffff amazing though ha.

I dunno, I feel bad about it because honestly all I know is that it just limits who I can enjoy bedding, but whatever, we can't control who we like right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom