• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 4 - Sykesville, MD - Set 6-7, 08 - Guaranteed $5000 Pot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
No lets dude MK's vs ROB's

MK's: Azen, M2K, Plank, Me, Forte
MK counters ROB.. thats like having an IC Vs Peach battle in melee...

ima go with.... NO.

on another note.. Chozen+Boss will MM anyone in teams..

and if Chillin+Azen/Chu+Forte/Plank+Nacker/NinjaLink+Shadow/Velocity+M2k are up for the challenge... that sh*t is recorded or no dice.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
MK doesnt really counter Rob but believe what u want :-)
Next time an MK UpB kills your ROB after performing 3Uairs come talk to me..

Or perhaps instead of Diddy against M2k next time... you should go ROB since the fight is so even <33

Comboing into Nados is quite silly... what can ROB do aside from take the free damage.. you can Fsmash an approaching tornado, but nothing you can do when he's on top of you.. unfortunatly ROB's moves Behind/below/nair all have too much startup lag to be any help.

MK ***** ROB.. but not as hard as G&W or DDD.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
I've beating MKs in tourney with ROB. I kno the matchup. I was thinkin of usin rob on m2k when he picked delfino but i thought let me try this stage i hate SO MUCH.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
what do u mean? ROB on MK is too good. i think its slightly in ROBs favor. he can hit MK out of his upB with almost anything with his aerial jets, can fsmash, laser, gyro, and nair his tornado, and kills him early

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
let me end this now, any character that plays against metaknight 100 times will win 50 times or less, no matter what.

ROB specifically, i dont know everything there is too know, but im going to guess, 45-55 MK. and that match is not a counter in either direction

bajisci

Smash Ace
um its definitily 60 40 or 55 45 mk. robs floatyness lets him to be comboed easily

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
Nado.. and Uair.

An intelligent MK will get all of his KO's with UpB's during the ENTIRE match. And ROB is knocked back so far from it's brokenness that if the MetaKnight player links his UpB to any of his ariels the ROB cannot respond in any reasonable way.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
wtf are u guys talking about? its not total **** but mk obviously has a clear advantage

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord
There is a reason that the top ROB players across the board all agree that the 3 hardest matchups in the game ATM for ROB are [in this order]

1- G&W
2- MK
3- DDD

Unless you're calling all of the "good" ROB players nubcakes... then i'll understand.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
i have more trouble against a good snake than a good MK
depends on the snakes playstyle though, theres a couple ways they can go about it. spamming autocanceled nairs and stuff makes it realy hard for rob. relying on exlosives makes it rly easy for rob

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
spamming autocanceled nairs and stuff makes it realy hard for rob.
autocanceled nairs are nothing. they have to be somewhat high up for it to even work so you have more than enough time to either roll/run/bair away or simply laser them if you're already far. Just don't fall for the trap [not saying I haven't, it's just dumb to now after knowing about it]. Now there are certain things he CAN do that make it terribly difficult for ROB in certain key situations...but I won't go into that here ^_^
Unfortunately, against an efficient DDD, you're mostly left with camping your *** off which isn't fun at all :( At a certain (relatively low) damage, you really can't afford to approach much due to the speed, strength, and range(?) of DDD's utilt

What ROBs will slowly start having problems with are great Marths. There aren't many right now, so not everyone knows it. But players like Neo and Meep will give ROBs a pretty horrible time :( I'm not saying it's impossible, of course. Just like MK isn't. But at this level of play, a marginal difference in skill can make a world of difference in results...[lol no, I'm not implying that there's a marginal difference in skill between me and them, it's just the truth, though that was evident in Melee as well]

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
I dunno, I've always had a much easier time with Snake than MK. He's easy to outcamp and gimp.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
since when did this thread become a rob discussion lmao go to your rob boards for that shiz and leave the rest of the talking here xD

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Just trying to keep it active. All the trash-talking mysteriously disappeared.

Besides, NinjaLink started it :p

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I've been going to tournaments all over the place lol. I went to Georgia's GMTSBCO, Florida's FAST1, Massachusetts Mass Madness 11, and all these other semi-big or lil tournaments. I only travel for Melee tournaments. Now if a tournament I go to for Melee is also doing Brawl, I'll join that too. FAST1 is an example, even though Brawl singles was mad OD boring lol. I don't like Brawl that much. Although I'll go to this tournament since its gonna be super huge and fun lol.

boss8

Smash Hero
I've been going to tournaments all over the place lol. I went to Georgia's GMTSBCO, Florida's FAST1, Massachusetts Mass Madness 11, and all these other semi-big or lil tournaments. I only travel for Melee tournaments. Now if a tournament I go to for Melee is also doing Brawl, I'll join that too. FAST1 is an example, even though Brawl singles was mad OD boring lol. I don't like Brawl that much. Although I'll go to this tournament since its gonna be super huge and fun lol.
hahaha we should do some teams money matches double mario.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom