• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GSG - 7/24-7/25 tournament matches http://www.youtube.com/user/gkinfinity

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Nando got this.

Does WC have something against the "Tournament Results" forum? lol, I never see any tournament results there.

TheZhuKeeper

Smash Champion
never did think zoo was good v sheik relatively speaking. really hope sw v zoo got recorded

so much for justin not entering tournies
You're definitely right. After losing to Lucien (especially when I had a few opportunities to take the set), I really wanted reevaluate the Sheik matchup. I got a lot of help from M2K about specifics and approach and I think that helped me a lot. I worked on my Approach to the Marth matchup a lot too since Tai came. Hopefully I'll get em at Apex.

The biggest thing I learned at this tournament is that I don't really play / am not good at specific matchups except maybe against Falcon / Peach / Fox. Everything else, I kind of just get away with doing universal setups and I don't think that approach to the game will really work too well for me so I'll focus more on specifics.

Good **** Lucien for living up to the hype. Good **** Jeff for coming back, when being down so many times. Good **** Scorpion for your first regional. Good **** M2K for winning, I had fun teaming / playing you. Good **** everyone, norcal is amazing, SW is amazing, Hax has a very good style, everyone is too good LOL.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
^ 20$ MM at Apex
im not going to apex but i am going to pound 5.

and $20 is nice and all and i'll be glad to take your money but if it's a HYPE mm

i'd rather do $50 minimum or $100

because $20 mms are for sick mms with n1ggas like s2j and lucien and other good players

taking 20 bucks from a noob isn't good enough. id rather humiliate

HomeMadeWaffles

Smash Lord
(D1 on HMW's account)

I ain't sayin anything till there's a tourney where all of EC and WC meetup once again.

Sadly not alot of WC are going to Apex so hopefully ROM3 will settle all this EC vs WC talk.

I love all you guys and wanna post shoutouts later <3.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
(D1 on HMW's account)

I ain't sayin anything till there's a tourney where all of EC and WC meetup once again.

Sadly not alot of WC are going to Apex so hopefully ROM3 will settle all this EC vs WC talk.

I love all you guys and wanna post shoutouts later <3.
it's nearly impossible to ever truly settle unless it's on something like MW territory imo because home field advantage means a lot in smash and i havent heard anyone ever talk about it

Alex19

Smash Journeyman
VERY disapointed with my bracket performance could have done alot better hopefully next time i'll face some norcal instead of socal

Good stuff everyone!

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i dont even use sheik and my name is adam (people who incessantly call me p over adam just get ignored fwiw)

i dont think ur down so for now sure i'll accept your $20 whenever we play but dont expect me to remember u or anything. that's not to say i'm not down -- if we're ever at the same tourny tap me on the shoulder and i will JUMP UP LIKE LIGHTNING TO TAKE YOUR TWENTY but other than that i really don't give a ****

Fly_Amanita

Master of Caribou
This was the best tourney I've been to in quite a while. I became a bit more aware of a few of my problems and I think I know how to fix them. ggs to all I played.

PB&J

Smash Hero
nando is going to **** you so hard its funny..best new player of the year..u will se what he does at apex though..rom 3/to6/pound 5

nando will be that much better but we will see what happens..im just a hype man..im not good at this game..lol

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
i heard nandos nice
be careful adam haha
if we know were better then east coast wouldnt feel the need to post out it
just saying
<3 everyone

PB&J

Smash Hero
nando is a new up and coming Cf player who recently took games off of jman and lambchops in tourny

lives in nj and he is young too btw

PB&J

Smash Hero
judging off vids..thats funny

didnt people use to think that shiz will all tech skill from just watching his vids..good choice shroomed..but enuff talk..we will see when they play

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
I'm not gonna go off on a huge post about Nando. Although I will say he's my apprentice and I've been training him for some months. He's the next rising, star who can be one of the top Falcon players in the near future with the more tournament experience and training he gathers. So watch out for the kid!

If ya don't think my training is legit, then I'm part of the reason why this following person is as good as he is today. Although he'll always be my apprentice and I still coach/teach him sh*t once in a blue: Jman

These young kids get mad good so fast lol.

WassupJB

Smash Lord
when's the last time you ever two-stocked anyone?
irrelevant. ad hominem for the win.

Nando got this.

Does WC have something against the "Tournament Results" forum? lol, I never see any tournament results there.
i forget that part of the boards exist. if that's where to's post results then i may have to change my ways.

You're definitely right. After losing to Lucien (especially when I had a few opportunities to take the set), I really wanted reevaluate the Sheik matchup. I got a lot of help from M2K about specifics and approach and I think that helped me a lot. I worked on my Approach to the Marth matchup a lot too since Tai came. Hopefully I'll get em at Apex.

The biggest thing I learned at this tournament is that I don't really play / am not good at specific matchups except maybe against Falcon / Peach / Fox. Everything else, I kind of just get away with doing universal setups and I don't think that approach to the game will really work too well for me so I'll focus more on specifics.

Good **** Lucien for living up to the hype. Good **** Jeff for coming back, when being down so many times. Good **** Scorpion for your first regional. Good **** M2K for winning, I had fun teaming / playing you. Good **** everyone, norcal is amazing, SW is amazing, Hax has a very good style, everyone is too good LOL.
you suck julian. =)

VERY disapointed with my bracket performance could have done alot better hopefully next time i'll face some norcal instead of socal

Good stuff everyone!
you suck alex. =)

This was the best tourney I've been to in quite a while. I became a bit more aware of a few of my problems and I think I know how to fix them. ggs to all I played.
you're welcome.

im not good at this game.
this man speaks the truth.

i heard nandos nice
be careful adam haha
if we know were better then east coast wouldnt feel the need to post out it
just saying
<3 everyone
their top players say wc is better than ec. one of those times where you just say "nuff said."

ah this was fun.. we should take turns.

Adam M!

Smash Lord
judging off vids..thats funny

didnt people use to think that shiz will all tech skill from just watching his vids..good choice shroomed..but enuff talk..we will see when they play
so is that a yes on my $100 on adam? =)
agreed. this is a good contrasts in coasts. we dont give a **** about trash talk -- the money i put down is my trash talk. just mm me and stfu and let the game do the talking.

edit: LOL I would have so much fun giving jason **** irl. there's a good chance he's a cool guy but there's an even bigger chance i would hate his guts :)

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
i was mad disappointed with myself here, but i won't lie, i had a great time, and i learned so much in cali.

i guess ill go ahead and post shoutouts despite/amidst the e-drama:

non cali

mew2king: good stuff on winning. please don't quit. ignore the haters, you still have people who like you :)

hax: get em next time, i guess. stuff happens, but results are blind to everything except who won and who lost.

g-money: funniest person ever. i've never laughed more at cheering/commentary in my life.

silent wolf: omg you're so good. tough bracket, man.

socal

zhu: thanks for taking care of me in socal when others were busy <3 and thanks for looking out for me at this tourney. i sorta feel like i wasted your efforts, but w/e, i'll do it myself next time.

macD: <3 you for driving. your peach is fun to play against

connor: ****. idk what to say lol.

mango: you got me good on the live stream, but apparently dajuan got it worse >__< why didn't you enter? you're so good, and you could've easily made a bunch of money

johnny: *suicide*

joe: good games, man. wait, what? we didn't play? that's new.

scorpion: i'm so jealous of how quickly you learned the game. especially with mario. do you think that you're as good as you are BECAUSE you use mario, and are forced to work harder to outplay your opponent? you just LOOK so uncomfortable at tourneys, too. i never expected you to be so good at smash upon first glance.

norcal

german: good ****

JB: tyvm for hosting this tournament

SFAT: sucks about your bracket. thanks for housing on friday

Sheridan: Thanks for housing on Saturday. Animals is pretty tight.

tafokints: nice seeing you again

pewpewu: nice marth. thanks for answering some of the questions i had about situations. it helped me come to something of an epiphany of what i need to work on.

bob$: same. you give some of the best advice ever, and it helped with how i view the game.

lucien: nice playing you again. BJ's was fun.

alan: GGs. I didn't know you played sheik LOL. I was very confused when you took me to FD.

sidefx

Smash Champion
i like how you guys are trying to place wagers on matches with pb&j. the guy probably cant even feed himself let alone donate $100 to dajuans pocket.

edit: also even if he did take you up on the 100 bucks, he probably wouldnt pay you anyways

Hax

Smash Champion
lol @ neighborhood free trying to justify inui logic

nando is gonna tap

Kouryuu

Smash Champion
stop ur fukken johning. anytime someone loses a set in melee it's because they were the second best player in the set. case closed. you can rationalize why you lost, but the fact is good players force other good players into mistakes. i mean how do you want to view it?

1. you had a bunch of unforced errors because you suck ****
2. a player better than you forced you into more mistakes than normal

personally 2 looks better than 1 imo
Agreed completely.

Stop johning like a ****ing ***** Hax. Is it really that hard to give your opponent credit? It's funny how when you lose, you're the only one messing up and your opponent wasn't playing anything less than perfect.

You got *****, accept it and shut the **** up.

I'm not gonna go off on a huge post about Nando. Although I will say he's my apprentice and I've been training him for some months. He's the next rising, star who can be one of the top Falcon players in the near future with the more tournament experience and training he gathers. So watch out for the kid!

If ya don't think my training is legit, then I'm part of the reason why this following person is as good as he is today. Although he'll always be my apprentice and I still coach/teach him sh*t once in a blue: Jman

These young kids get mad good so fast lol.
Must feel good to live your life vicariously through others.

My shoutouts:

East Coast - Stay Free.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
i didnt bother taking this noob seriously because if u look back the past 4-5 months we have more than proved ourselves... chu got *****... look at how many close sets shiz had -- we're talking about a top 5 player in the WORLD from the best smash region in the nation needing a lot of close sets / last stocks to get 1st at a norcal tourny

basically if ur a student of the game u know what's up... and you know socal is inching closer to that top spot. and ec? LOL ec ain't our competition, south, canada, norcal and europe are.
lol south on blast. Im in no way doubting the skill of the west. I for one was doubting a regional crew battle victory for EC at pound. I just like meatriding tec0 and any post in regards to him...=). you do make a good point tho.

Top Bottom