• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GSG - 7/24-7/25 tournament matches http://www.youtube.com/user/gkinfinity

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
what durrr said is true west coast is def. better than us as of now.. i played like sh*t in tourney and choked maddd hard and i know i deserve better than 13th but still i was impressed with the amount of good players at the tourney. at EC tournies jman and vanz are like my only competition singles-wise, at this tourney the whole top 13 was stacked as f*ck lol. we needa step it up
hax I do not think its a coincidence that WC has more solid falcons to play. think about it.

s2j
ss
scar
romeo
azn danny
isai(?)
(I think that I am missing a few others)

we have like:

you
Nando
(maybe I am missing someone but I dont think so)

I wouldnt say they're better because Im not sure but I would say that there should be no surprise as to why they would be more versed in facing CF in general.

S l o X

Smash Champion
**** tourney was fun watching live stream, that quality was top notch.

good **** replicate. d1 and hax stay in cali pls. ec need to step it up. rom 3 son

R00R

Smash Journeyman
hax I do not think its a coincidence that WC has more solid falcons to play. think about it.

s2j
ss
scar
romeo
azn danny
isai(?)
(I think that I am missing a few others)

we have like:

you
Nando
(maybe I am missing someone but I dont think so)

I wouldnt say they're better because Im not sure but I would say that there should be no surprise as to why they would be more versed in facing CF in general.
This post is stupid.
There are so many falcon players in and around NYC. I personally know of 5 falcon players in the NYC area. Not to mention at the last noJohns there were like 8 different falcon players... of which 2 did well.

S2j, ss, and scar are the only active ones on WC, S2j lives like 700 miles away from ss and scar. Much more divided then tristate.

And If you are going to count Isai as an active falcon player you might as well count Scar as an active in tristate. lol

PB&J

Smash Hero
i want to know all these great falcons in tri state people speak of..only hax and nando..please explain the others to me..oh and that are good

hax lost though..no j's west coast is stepping it up..we will see what happens at apex

Adam M!

Smash Lord
it's usually an awful idea to try to postulate who other areas play when you don't live in the area

azndanny, isai, romeo... lol, good luck ever finding them to play. s2j and ss seem to be the only dependable ones; iirc scar rarely attends tournies anymore

and wc has "stepped it up" for like six months now... you guys are just barely realizing it because results always lag behind

just wait til i start going to tournies again

Niko45

Smash Master
it's usually an awful idea to try to postulate who other areas play when you don't live in the area

azndanny, isai, romeo... lol, good luck ever finding them to play. s2j and ss seem to be the only dependable ones; iirc scar rarely attends tournies anymore

and wc has "stepped it up" for like six months now... you guys are just barely realizing it because results always lag behind

just wait til i start going to tournies again
How do you explain Tec0 though? I understand all of WC or even Socal wasn't there but he beat some major people there. I mean in all seriousness you think all of WC vs Hax is more indicative than Tec0 vs half of Socal? What makes these results so conclusive?

I mean, where was all this talk after the Tec0 tournament?

R00R

Smash Journeyman
i want to know all these great falcons in tri state people speak of..only hax and nando..please explain the others to me..oh and that are good

hax lost though..no j's west coast is stepping it up..we will see what happens at apex
LOOOOOOOL
I never said "GREAT FALCON PLAYERS", wtf does that mean anyway. How do you define it?
Ask DJ about how many falcon mains are in NYC. I think hes played all the ones I have.

But... just off the top of my head.
Hax
Nando
Mikael
Tian
PC Jona
and my self I guess.

Hax

Smash Champion
I don't think me playing terrible at this tourney should be considered an accurate evaluation of EC's top players. you guys are better than us but I didn't lose because you stepped it up, I lost because I was playing bad. hopefully at apex (if anyone's going lol) I'll prove you guys otherwise

Adam M!

Smash Lord
DAAAAAAAAAAAMN JOE! ran train

of course i'm gonna give myself all da credit!

god**** norcal/ec got ***** super hard when u look @ brackets.

never did think zoo was good v sheik relatively speaking. really hope sw v zoo got recorded

so much for justin not entering tournies

I don't think me playing terrible at this tourney should be considered an accurate evaluation of EC's top players. you guys are better than us but I didn't lose because you stepped it up, I lost because I was playing bad. hopefully at apex (if anyone's going lol) I'll prove you guys otherwise
stop ur fukken johning. anytime someone loses a set in melee it's because they were the second best player in the set. case closed. you can rationalize why you lost, but the fact is good players force other good players into mistakes. i mean how do you want to view it?

1. you had a bunch of unforced errors because you suck ****
2. a player better than you forced you into more mistakes than normal

personally 2 looks better than 1 imo

dam no shoutouts and no applause for winning :/ I feel like WC has distaste for me
obv everything is a personal vendetta against you. have you not realized how important you are?!?!?!

WassupJB

Smash Lord
i'm pretty sure when people say jason they aren't talking about me (well certain people are), but i'm commonly called jb.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
who was the person that was recording matches right next to the laptop used for brackets? GK Infinity?

mio

Smash Ace
Brazil should've won the world cup, but it DIDN'T happen. Their good rep wasn't preserved just because they choked.

Shroomed

Smash Master
kevin (pewpewu), you owe me $20

i love adam

norcal isnt goin to APEX

mario > doc

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
@roor

kk I saw your list my bad I missed it.

I'd rather not post about my thoughts on overall skill and character matchup application....so I will say nothing more on it.(and maybe make a thread or something) I feel I could make a strong point in that regard but I do not think that this is the thread and thats the only way that i'd feel confident in my argument.

and good **** m2k do not feel unaccomplished. if he quits and never plays a spacy again so be it. beat his **** until he decides to actually play or he quits.

SwiftBass

Smash Hero
How do you explain Tec0 though? I understand all of WC or even Socal wasn't there but he beat some major people there. I mean in all seriousness you think all of WC vs Hax is more indicative than Tec0 vs half of Socal? What makes these results so conclusive?

I mean, where was all this talk after the Tec0 tournament?
i fcuking <3 niko

you give WC credit then you take it away? c'mon man

Adam M!

Smash Lord
i fcuking <3 niko
i didnt bother taking this noob seriously because if u look back the past 4-5 months we have more than proved ourselves... chu got *****... look at how many close sets shiz had -- we're talking about a top 5 player in the WORLD from the best smash region in the nation needing a lot of close sets / last stocks to get 1st at a norcal tourny

basically if ur a student of the game u know what's up... and you know socal is inching closer to that top spot. and ec? LOL ec ain't our competition, south, canada, norcal and europe are.

Top Bottom