• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ground breaking new Ic ability or monstrosity you decide

ch33s3

Smash Lord
The only problem i see is that A) its hard to set up and B) we need to learn how to chaingrab again.

Also, is recovering at all reliable with this?
Yea, if you have to upb or sideb, nana unfuses and it works normally.

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'm almost positive it wouldn't work. Kirby's up-b will hit both of them. We want to only hit Nana.

-Coco-

Smash Ace
lol.

but this actually will be banned from IC's. cuz when ur opponent does hit nana and nana was at a high percent. the game still sees it as nana flew off the stage, and then nana tries to recover like she usually does and if she doesnt make it, she belays and falls to her death. But she actually never dies cuz her physical body never actually touches the death zone. so the game is reading it as she is falling forever. and when she is in this state and blinking and stuck to you. the camera shifts over to where nana Supposedly fell off and it stays like that. now if your opponent tries to jump while on the side that nana Supposedly fell off of. they sometimes teleport either on top of you and foot stools nana. or teleports underneath the stage.

Sometimes when nana is in this state your opponent does not even have to jump where Nana supposedly fell off. Sometimes all the opponent has to do is jump above or around you somewhere and they will teleport underneath the stage and fall to there death.

this will never be legal to do in tourny cause the teleporting of your opponent underneath the stage. but it is still fun to know.

Smoom takes several tries to do it. I can do it in midmatch my first try now. :p
Im quite sure this proves we wont be seeing it in tourney XD

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
lol well if i go against a planker imma find a way to fuse and do that so every time he jumps down off the ledge and is ready to jump back on it he teleports and dies! lol

CJTHeroofTime

Smash Lord
Is there any possibility that it's not just electric attacks, but there is only a certain frame where this works and the nature of the electric hitstun makes it much easier to time?

Firestormzero0

Smash Ace
Is there any possibility that it's not just electric attacks, but there is only a certain frame where this works and the nature of the electric hitstun makes it much easier to time?
i thought about that. but i have tried for forever to do it with other projectiles other than electrical ones. i can usually do the electrical ones my first try. but the others i have yet to succeed.

J4pu

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this or knows about it but i was playing around with this (in training mode) I grabbed falco, backthrow cg to nana grab> jump once>jump twice> jump 3 times (wtf?)

I guess you can footstool the character nana is holding (if they're the right height?) and then they just keep coming up with you since nana is fused with you.

I haven't gotten a 4th jump in yet cuz nana always seems to choose to throw them for some reason at this point.

Anyways, even though it'll (most likely) be banned, I thought I'd share.

EDIT- LMFAO I've jumped up to 5 times now

kackamee

Smash Master
NNID
SlushCream
3DS FC
3480-3017-1332
Hey, does this work off a grab against EVERYONE? Cuz I don't think it works with DDD. I think it's because his grab range is farther from his hitbox then most other chars. Also I don't think it'd work with Yoshi and anyone with a tether for obvious reasons, but I haven't tried those guys except for DDD.

J4pu

Smash Champion
for blizzard you have to be desynced and nana has to be the one using blizzard and for jumping while grabbing you need nana to be the one grabbing.

Jupz

Smash Master
Has anyone been able to do ths to one of the blast zones, and then throw with Nana, if so, that is broken.
Well technically that wouldnt change anything because you can infinite to death anyway. But yeah it would make it a lot easier.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if anybody mentioned this or knows about it but i was playing around with this (in training mode) I grabbed falco, backthrow cg to nana grab> jump once>jump twice> jump 3 times (wtf?)

I guess you can footstool the character nana is holding (if they're the right height?) and then they just keep coming up with you since nana is fused with you.

I haven't gotten a 4th jump in yet cuz nana always seems to choose to throw them for some reason at this point.

Anyways, even though it'll (most likely) be banned, I thought I'd share.

EDIT- LMFAO I've jumped up to 5 times now
ROFLLL. Jump to the top and Upthrow! The most awesome 0-death ever.

r3d d09

Smash Master
Just call it something that is related to sex :p lul jk It's nice to hear from plur everynow and then. haha.

PLUR, come to utah tomorrow for a massive rave :D

Smoom77

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm trying to jump multiple times with Nana grabbing, but she throws. How can we stop that? :/

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
This isn't broken, lol. If you pull this off, a player will still try to avoid getting grabbed, only now, you're stuck together. ._.

swordsaint

Smash Master
I'd prefer fighting them together like this personally. The difficulty of doing anything worth while seems to be too hard.

Has anything been said about whether you can grab both of them like this? Or whether it splits them?

Smoom77

Smash Master
I'd prefer fighting them together like this personally. The difficulty of doing anything worth while seems to be too hard.

Has anything been said about whether you can grab both of them like this? Or whether it splits them?
You mean, if an opponent grabs them? They stay together if they grab Popo (Nana will just follow him), but grabbing Nana defuses them.

e.e when i fuse, desync and throw then footstool they split. is this supposed to happen?
Yep. And footstooling with Nana defuses them.

And I tested a bit of the multiple jumps, you can jump like 5 times>uthrow/dthrow>uair. Either works, but haven't tested mashing.

Smoom77

Smash Master
CG to Nana, then jumpslightly towards the grabbed opponent and just sorta mash jump. It takes a few tries to get it down but then it's easy.

fullynick

Smash Apprentice
lol if this ends up not ruining the game, I really hope it isn't banned

like, how on earth could anyone think this is broken? It's even more situational than DASC.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
can anyone write a summary on the first post what has been invented by this and how to do it? that´d make things a lot easier.

and has anyone used in a match?

Frolossus

Smash Lord
how does the fusion effect DI? like when you desync them you can use two moves at once but since they are fused does it like cancel more momentum?

Tesh

Smash Hero
How do you ban something like this anyway? Do you ban the use of squall hammer vs falco, pika etc.?
Do they have to diffuse when this happens?

swordgard

Smash Hero
So, has anyone figured out what is the prevalent factor in this.

Cause so far we know what deals this and what are possible explanations
-Grabs cause fusion>>>>Either altered state or hitting nana alone causes fusion, no hitlag on user
-Pika jolts>>>>Either electricity, or hitting nana alone, or altered state(maybe electricity does make you enter a altered state due to some modifier on the time spent in hitlag), no hitlag on user
-Lasers>Hitting nana alone, transcendent priority, still no hitlag on user

So first i think we need to try achieving this with no projectiles move(try falcons knee, its electric and isnt a projectile). Then we need to try with non electric moves(laser isnt electric though). Then we can pretty much forget the transcedent priority crap, that only makes it easier to hit them in it.

Smoom77

Smash Master
So first i think we need to try achieving this with no projectiles move(try falcons knee, its electric and isnt a projectile). Then we need to try with non electric moves(laser isnt electric though). Then we can pretty much forget the transcedent priority crap, that only makes it easier to hit them in it.
How do you test something like knee with one person, aka, only two hands? I'd try, but I can't.

Top Bottom