• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
Maybe I can have a few of you over this saturday? just for like 5-7 hours though let me know if anyones intrested i'll find out for sure if I can host.

Desh

Smash Ace
Lol I forgot saturday is xaviers birthday party, soooo I fail.
But its march break so i'm free a lot =D
plus nightmares thing :]

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
Haha, Josh you should buy a huge *** Van. Everybody wants a ride from you these days ;P

idea

Smash Master
guys, should i install windows 7 in 32 bit or 64 bit? according to the guy at best buy, 64 bit lets me use all of my 4gb of ram, and 32 can only handle around 3gb...but then 64 bit windows is supposed to not work with lots of older programs, right? so 32 or 64? i can format it later if need be, and choose again.

MY NEW COMPUTER IS SOOOO GOOD

who the hell needs 4gb of ram anyway?

I.B

Smash Lord
guys, should i install windows 7 in 32 bit or 64 bit? according to the guy at best buy, 64 bit lets me use all of my 4gb of ram, and 32 can only handle around 3gb...but then 64 bit windows is supposed to not work with lots of older programs, right? so 32 or 64? i can format it later if need be, and choose again.

Just do 32-bit... the program compatibility (or lack of) will probably be more noticeable than a 1gb difference in ram. 3gb is more than enough anyway =P

Summonedfist

Smash Lord

64 bit also runs smoother tho

chances are you're not really gonna find too many programs that are still desirable and only run on 32 bit...

the 1gb of ram can help if you multitask a lot...

my sister's 3gb ram laptop is slightly less smoother when opening a lot of programs, but i odn't know 1 year of accumulated waer may affect the difference

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
soft get 16gb of ram, a i7 processor, a 4tb harddrive, and a ATI Radeon HD 5870 graphic card.....u'll be set for about 6 months but it'll be the best 6 months of ur life,

edit: i forgot to mention the mother board....**** it im to lazy now

also install in 64 bit, when running in 32bit (not sure about 7 cuz i havent looked into it) however normally 32 bit systems has rules about the amount of **** it can hold example if u have 4GBs of ram on ur commputer and u got a 32bit system it'll only use 2.99GB of ram, i no it does that for xp for vista on the other hand

32bit - max out at 8gb
64bit- max out at 16 or 32 cant remember off the top of my head

i no one of the mac OS can hold up to 16tb of ram.....how ever u wouldnt even be able to hold that much/u wouldn't need it...for the time being

in summary get the 64bit

edit 3:.............................wat windows 7 32bit max's out att 3gbs of ram......ima look that **** up cuz 32bit vista max's out later than that

also when they say older programs wont run they mean from the era of Windows 3

idea

Smash Master
hahahaha imadh...what a cool idea.

i ended up installing 64-bit. i can change it later if need be but person on the internet explained that it's easy to use compatibility mode for most things and that 64 is overall better for me.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Just do 32-bit... the program compatibility (or lack of) will probably be more noticeable than a 1gb difference in ram. 3gb is more than enough anyway =P
NO!!

Get x64, most programs are compatible with that architecture now anyways. More ram is ALWAYS a priority, always :laugh:

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
hahahaha imadh...what a cool idea.

i ended up installing 64-bit. i can change it later if need be but person on the internet explained that it's easy to use compatibility mode for most things and that 64 is overall better for me.
lols. 64-bit maxes out at a couple TB of ram.

4 GB of ram is pretty standard now a days, maybe even on the low end.

I've been running 64-bit for like 50 years now since XP, and honestly, since windows 7 was released everyone is jumping on the 64-bit bandwagon. 32-bit is just old times. The only people who have trouble is ****ing Adobe making a 64-bit version of flash, but you can just install 32-bit flash anyway.

Oh yeah did I mention you can run 32-bit shiz on your machine too? Bohoho mindgames.

No one should be 32-bit these days now :3

SANUZI! <3

idea

Smash Master
lols. 64-bit maxes out at a couple TB of ram.

4 GB of ram is pretty standard now a days, maybe even on the low end.

I've been running 64-bit for like 50 years now since XP, and honestly, since windows 7 was released everyone is jumping on the 64-bit bandwagon. 32-bit is just old times. The only people who have trouble is ****ing Adobe making a 64-bit version of flash, but you can just install 32-bit flash anyway.

Oh yeah did I mention you can run 32-bit shiz on your machine too? Bohoho mindgames.

No one should be 32-bit these days now :3

SANUZI! <3
haha, 'k, thanks. guess i'm a bit out of touch :bee:

hey, you're a mod...can you change my name? my smashboards one, not my real one. that would be too much power.

sauc3

Smash Lord
that video was great haha, at first I thought it was like the not pron ****, and I started clicking everywhere, too good though, jo fays wuz evrewear

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
haha, 'k, thanks. guess i'm a bit out of touch :bee:

hey, you're a mod...can you change my name? my smashboards one, not my real one. that would be too much power.
Haha no I can't :(

Changing a name is too much power even though I can ban pretty much anyone I want and **** up the site with HTML if I wanted to :D

You would have to try to PM one of the uppers and if they are nice enough they will do it, or they will tell you to buy a Premium Membership.

Just don't mention the membership if you ask, they might forget about it. :bee:

idea

Smash Master
all my emulators run slowly now D:

i tried putting them in windows xp compatibility mode, and setting their core affinity to only one processor...they all seemed to be running in 32 bit already under task manager...(zsnes*32)

and meh, too lazy to pm someone, maybe later.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
all my emulators run slowly now D:

i tried putting them in windows xp compatibility mode, and setting their core affinity to only one processor...they all seemed to be running in 32 bit already under task manager...(zsnes*32)

and meh, too lazy to pm someone, maybe later.
Yeah all 32-bit programs will say that in the task manager.

But I dunno, I've never had any problem with emulators running on any of my machines. If it is going 100 on the core you bound it to, try putting back on all the cores. Make sure video card drivers are installed. And try checking settings of emulator :/

Top Bottom