• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Santana

Smash Apprentice
2 bus's? o.o
but the trip planner thingy said it was like ... far LOL
i'll talk to sots to night =]
Yea, you guys can get a bus straight from VP station to Major Mac and take a bus on Mac that'll take you 2 minutes from my house.

Get 'em Desh >:o

EDIT:

K, I got:

Osman
Paul
Ryan
Bernard
Mike
Kyle
David
Imadh
PeterX
Stos?
Marco?
Afro Chris - Saturday?
Peter
Josh
Desh?

Setups wanted and can someone bring a Melee disc for the Wii?

In case you missed it, Thursday there is no smash, it's Friday to Saturday. I'll let you guys know when you can come Friday.

Desh

Smash Ace
i have 2 melee discs, a gc, and a tv, i would bring my wii but i dont want to be seen with it in public (jk completely, lol, just dont wanna drop it like i did my tv XD )

Sanu

Smash Champion
LOL @ Bernard, you weren't supposed to take that personally... geez, you need to chill out boi!! I thought we were all friends here o.0.

I say "generic" because it's boring now to *me* tbh, I love watching your **** and just want to see more crazyness, we all know your amazing lmao!

^

That enough *** kissing to keep you happy? That's how I and most others actually feel but I didn't think it would actually be necessary to say <_<. You took what I said waaay out of context. As for others, friends are supposed to give their friends a hard time to keep them down to earth! So ya, chill dude, no point in being melodramatic XD.

---Back to our regularly scheduled post---

ATTN STOS: I can drive you and whoever depending on your location. If it's too far out of my way, sorry... =S

peterx

Smash Apprentice
LOL @ Bernard, you weren't supposed to take that personally... geez, you need to chill out boi!! I thought we were all friends here o.0.

I say "generic" because it's boring now to *me* tbh, I love watching your **** and just want to see more crazyness, we all know your amazing lmao!

^

That enough *** kissing to keep you happy? That's how I and most others actually feel but I didn't think it would actually be necessary to say <_<. You took what I said waaay out of context. As for others, friends are supposed to give their friends a hard time to keep them down to earth! So ya, chill dude, no point in being melodramatic XD.

---Back to our regularly scheduled post---

ATTN STOS: I can drive you and whoever depending on your location. If it's too far out of my way, sorry... =S
qft, and yeah Bernard, its all jokes xD we all know ur good lulz

Wang.

Smash Apprentice
Im looking for 175 canadian. I have someone at COT4 who wants to buy it for 150 american, but I'd much rather get the money before I leave for the trip.
Could I do it for 160? I could meet you on friday if you want. (Or thursday if its better for you)

idea

Smash Master
Or maybe the big reason is because I ****ing comboed him? How the hell does the player THAT GETS COMBOED get credit?
i don't think i need to tell you again that you're good at this game =P but you have to admit, there's a reason you don't pull those kind of combos off on, say, ryan. upthrow to upthrow?

anyway, you seem overly hostile for someone who just won a US tournament.

i have 2 melee discs, a gc, and a tv, i would bring my wii but i dont want to be seen with it in public (jk completely, lol, just dont wanna drop it like i did my tv XD )
julian's place is at kennedy and major mac. no comment about marco.

come, stos and brampton =( you know bus fare isn't very much. i wonder if someone could pick you up after the first bus or something? or driver josh ^

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Me, Peter and (maybe)Adnan should be reaching on Friday and crashing.
**** right muthafukkaa. I should be coming to this event. Only thing that can go wrong now is that ***** thats covering for me decides to bail. But things should be good.

Stos: :laugh: so you're gonna fail on me? I wanted some matches, I was actually gonna play some serious friendlies with you lol.

idea

Smash Master
ninjutsu edit: santa, i'll come friday but still late enough that it won't really matter to you when it is. i like to sleep in too.

Edit: Found a better one :laugh:

aha, i actually sort of get this. i mean, i remember enough calculus to find it funny, but they've written the equation out in an unnecessarily complicated way that i'm not used to.

...has anyone ever noticed that "unnecessarily" is really long?

**** right muthafukkaa. I should be coming to this event. Only thing that can go wrong now is that ***** thats covering for me decides to bail. But things should be good.

Stos: :laugh: so you're gonna fail on me? I wanted some matches, I was actually gonna play some serious friendlies with you lol.
hi adnan :bee:

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
supz mah floatie brotha from anotha floatie mutha.

Coming on Friday? I'm gonna play Peach vs your Puff. Need work on beating up puffs when I get in on them. Friendliez?

4Serial

Smash Lord
it's unnecessarily complicated because it's a function within a function :p xzibit is way too good
those pics made me lol
i wanna go to this smashfest, depends on whether chris wants to go and wherever him and stos are planning lol

idea

Smash Master
sorry in advance for all our future matches, lawlbot. i won't powershield into rest, but i'll combo you into it in one of 18 different ways (rough estimate).

and yeah, right, i forgot it's called chain rule. like with most math from high school, i could do the work involved with that, but i would have no idea what i'm doing or why i'm doing it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
Wang I should be able to do it for 160, if I can manage to find a ride to Toronto for thursday.

IF ANYTHING IS HAPPENING THURSDAY!

Nah nate I don't main Jiggz, I second her. We were playing in Rochester and it was the last stock and I turn to bernard and say "Watch This, powershield into rest"

First attack that hits me, *powershields* PING!

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
****ing Jigglypuff. That's the ONLY character that I'd camp turnips against *shudder* until I can FCnairs into moar nairs perfectly.

****ing stupid character. But nasty **** anyways LOL. Reminds me of the time where I called a Stitchface pick up and with the first I got a beam sword, 2nd one was a stitch. Best part about that was Ryan spent 30 minutes by himself trying, and got like 3.

I need to bring back the hax.

Wang.

Smash Apprentice
sorry in advance for all our future matches, lawlbot. i won't powershield into rest, but i'll combo you into it in one of 18 different ways (rough estimate).

and yeah, right, i forgot it's called chain rule. like with most math from high school, i could do the work involved with that, but i would have no idea what i'm doing or why i'm doing it.
Because its math, you do it because its meant to be done. Roughly.

+ Niko, keep me informed. =]

Sanu

Smash Champion
Adnan, no one likes you. Why are you posting again? Go back to your smelly restaurant you smelly guy. I KICK YOUR DOG. Come out to events more you dam.n sexy bish....

Oh Adnan... Adnan!!!!!! UNNNNGHHH~

*drip drip*

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I want to play Niko in Brawl for some reason.

But playing any other smash title in the series other than Melee screws up my Melee game so much :laugh:. I can adapt from Melee to the other games, but not the other way around.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Too bad for you then! We'll be playing 64, Brawl and Brawl+ at Santa's <.< You should try to join in for a bit of fun =p

In other news, I finally got my new glasses~!

Old:

New:

Notice a difference? I don't really see one, other than the frames themselves <.<; they're really similar in style. WINZOR?!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
supz mah floatie brotha from anotha floatie mutha.

Coming on Friday? I'm gonna play Peach vs your Puff. Need work on beating up puffs when I get in on them. Friendliez?
You're stupid. How do you need to work on beating Puff when you get in on them. You only have like 3 - 5 moves in the matchup that are any good and one of them isn't even that good; it's used more out of necessity than anything else. And I'm guessing Fair and Turnip aren't safe in close quarters so that would leave you with anywhere between 1 - 3 moves that you can actually "safely" use. Or at least that's what I think. You might think differently. You have this weird mindgame where you pluck a turnip when you're inconspicuously in front of me in my grab range. I haven't quite figured out what the mindgame is though. Maybe you're trying to lull me into a false sense of security by giving me several easy grabs?

Maybe this is just a bad habit from your terrorist training as a suicide bomber in a past life. You know, where being grabbed by the enemy was actually a good thing. I hope your 72 virgins were worth it.

On a related note, I don't think I'll ever understand how your mind works.

edit: Josh your new glasses look like your old ones. Other than really, really small differences and frame colour.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
Too bad for you then! We'll be playing 64, Brawl and Brawl+ at Santa's <.< You should try to join in for a bit of fun =p

In other news, I finally got my new glasses~!

*pics*

Notice a difference? I don't really see one, other than the frames themselves <.<; they're really similar in style. WINZOR?!
Ooh, Brawl+! I always wanted to try it, I've been hearing mixed reviews. Yeah, I'll definitely be in on that.

And LOL, you used to wear Dolce & Gabbana glasses? Your new half frames are cool though.

I'm wearing Dolce & Gabbana glasses right now...:lick:

Sanu

Smash Champion
You have this weird mindgame where you pluck a turnip when you're inconspicuously in front of me in my grab range. I haven't quite figured out what the mindgame is though. Maybe you're trying to lull me into a false sense of security by giving me several easy grabs?

Maybe this is just a bad habit from your terrorist training as a suicide bomber in a past life. You know, where being grabbed by the enemy was actually a good thing. I hope your 72 virgins were worth it.

On a related note, I don't think I'll ever understand how your mind works.
XMFD I love you so hard David <3. SIMILAR GLASSES FTW.

Ooh, Brawl+! I always wanted to try it, I've been hearing mixed reviews. Yeah, I'll definitely be in on that.

And LOL, you used to wear Dolce & Gabbana glasses? Your new half frames are cool though.

I'm wearing Dolce & Gabbana glasses right now...:lick:
Yeah, Brawl+ is actually much more awesome than people think it is :laugh:. And yeah, I love designer things, especially D&G. I'm gay, what can I say? If I had the money.. oh geez, lmao. I really miss my old D&G pair though since they were so flashy... but they broke within *one* freaking year. They really were quite delicate, like a flower, ****ing rimless glasses. I'm way too rough to maintain such frames so I had to move on D= NO REGRETS NO REGRETS *slams head against a wall*

Care to share a picture of your pair? =3

Osman

Smash Apprentice

The biggest picture I could find, except those aren't the same pair. The arms on mine are slimmer, and more angular, but the actual frame around the lenses looks the same.

Me with them on. I have a shaved head now though.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Oh snap, that's a good looking pair of glasses! I almost bought these but ended up with the Burberry instead:

My bf was vehemently against them <_<, he said they were way too flashy.

And shaved head? That must be a new look for you then o.o To be honest, I imagine you looking better with a shaved head than without xP

Sanu

Smash Champion
Da.mn! I'm kinda jealous D=. If I had the money, I'd buy them as a second pair just to have for fashion purposes.

Osman

Smash Apprentice
I've had a shaved head most of my life actually, but in high school I grew it out well past my shoulders; and only recently did I revert to my hairstyle of old. I like it better now, it makes me look older.

By the way, does your boyfriend play smash too?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Nowai. He tried but failed hardcore, lol. To tell the truth, I had started training him and he had quite a bit down. Crouch canceling , edge-guarding, etc., but I stopped teaching him when I realized he'd never be able to play at a competitive level.

Why you may ask? Because he has chronic arthritis =/. If he exerts his hands just a bit from what he's used to, the pain is unbearable. Melee is way too hand-intensive for him D= We still play casually for fun though and he used to come out to events all the time, but now he just prefers to stay home when I go out.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
K, I gotta cut off the people now until I know if Desh and Stos are coming. Won't have enough room/setups for this many people. Adnan can come because you're going with Stos, anyways?

lol Osman, you always post amazing stuff in this thread.

FastFox

Faster than most vehicles
BRoomer
I feel like I've got arthritis every time I use play my DS. It's a Lite, so my thumb starts to ache 15 minutes in.

idea

Smash Master
K, I gotta cut off the people now until I know if Desh and Stos are coming. Won't have enough room/setups for this many people. Adnan can come because you're going with Stos, anyways?

lol Osman, you always post amazing stuff in this thread.
i'm bringing a wii+melee by the way. and i have peter x's wiimote so i can probably use that for both days.

I feel like I've got arthritis every time I use play my DS. It's a Lite, so my thumb starts to ache 15 minutes in.
YEAH! what did they do to that thing? even rpgs make my thumb hurt after a little while. it was hard to play dragon warrior IV for several consecutive hours.

edit: lol at david, josh, based on those pictures i like your old glasses more.

D

Deleted member

speaking of ds's...

so i wanna scam best buy

Help:

I bought a new Cobalt blue ds about 2 weeks ago, and I still have packaging / receipt. I also still have my old white one you guys used to see me play 394023094 hours a day

What I want to do is go to best buy, Return the cobalt for a brand new white one. Open the new white one, slip my old white one back inside, and return it for a black one, so then i'll have 2 brand new ds's. Think this is doable? like, scarlet johannsen doable?

Top Bottom