• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Europhoria

Smash Lord
No I'm not actively trying to get better I guess. I think I'm just trying not to get any worse lol. If I really wanted to get better I'd live in toronto and be at Ryan's or something all the time.

Kurtis could be better then me for all I know. I hope he's gotten alot better since the last time I played him ;) I haven't played him since that tournament in Ottawa last year in pools where I like 3/4 stocked him both games. James could be better then me too, etc.

sauc3

Smash Lord
No I'm not actively trying to get better I guess. I think I'm just trying not to get any worse lol. If I really wanted to get better I'd live in toronto and be at Ryan's or something all the time.

Kurtis could be better then me for all I know. I hope he's gotten alot better since the last time I played him ;) I haven't played him since that tournament in Ottawa last year in pools where I like 3/4 stocked him both games. James could be better then me too, etc.
i've improved at the marth matchup :p

JPOBS

Smash Hero
And JPOBS, no offense to Izek, but you can defs take him. I would certainly put you above him :p

Izek is still pretty **** though :p
Lol idk where you get that idea. I haven't been to a tourny since november. For all I know, everyone in tier 2 scrapes me for free now lol.

I really hope i can make it to the march a&C

weon - X

Smash Ace
i dont like this second tier categorization. we're all just players man.

U're all capable of doing good stuff. every one of you has surprised me at one point. you guys just don't play enough and you cant figure out what more to add to your gameplay that way.

also i wanna see reis vs sauce....

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
As for how i see myself in the community, ummm, i think i have the ability to beat everyone in tier 2 if im on the ball. SHOTS FIRED.

except mike. mike makes me look free as f*** lol. And i have never played izek i dont think.....
actually, james is hella good now too and i remember getting schooled last time i played him. hmmmmmm
you take a set off me from nightmare's and consider yourself better than me? :awesome:

what a troll ;)

I.B

Smash Lord
I haven't played him since that tournament in Ottawa last year in pools where I like 3/4 stocked him both games. James could be better then me too, etc.
Piloswine uses SubtleBrag!

The tier 2 shenanigans begin! Pretty soon we're gonna see: "oh yea, I whooped you in those friendlies at dragonhawk's basement. iam btr then uUuu!!"

Summonedfist

Smash Lord

The tier 2 shenanigans begin! Pretty soon we're gonna see: "oh yea, I whooped you in those friendlies at dragonhawk's basement. iam btr then uUuu!!"
LOL SUBTLEBRAG OMG looooool

speaking of friendlies, i like 4-1 jpobs with mario vs falco, and 5-0'd him with peach in more friendlies :awesome: MORE SHOTS FIRED

i wanna see ministry vs. everyone :(
nick ***** my fox :( need to try falco lol

Bing

Smash Master
Yeah I wouldnt mind play Nick again.. his Fox didnt **** me when we played in like.. December?

Btw guys I got an apartment, I move in on the 18th, and its in St.Catharines, cant afford T.dot on my own yet :p

sauc3

Smash Lord
just had some of the most fun playing melee i've had in a while,

fox dittos with tristan for like, 5+ hours, the last 4 of which i spent clawing.
Playing tristan is always mad fun cuz its never the same from game to game. He always tries to mix things up and counter my strats, even if he doesnt have the tech skill or know-how to do so lol.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I was only kinda bragging, like he also beat Kage at that tournament who I lost to lol. The secret is Tect is actually probably the #6 spot unless he's gotten *really* rusty or someone I haven't played in forever (Sauc, James, Josh, Jack, etc.) has gotten absurdly better. I dunno who like 7-10 are and none of them could win the side tournament thing without going high tiers anyways (unless Sauc has an ultra top secret Game and Watch or something).

I mean, I thought the whole point of the PR was for people not going high tiers in that side tournament I thought anyways. In which case think of Mikey like Bernard, he has a lot of tech and plays a lot randomly (old Bernard) and gets bored. So he expands to ****ing around with low tiers and is fairly proficient with a lot of random characters (Mewtwo, Roy, Samus, whatever) and might even be higher then #6 on the list in that setting accordingly.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
you take a set off me from nightmare's and consider yourself better than me? :awesome:

what a troll ;)
Hellz yea. Come at me bro.

MM? I ain't even mad. You thin you so good your j cole lookin a** LETS GO!!!!!

p.s. am i the only one who thinks imadh looks like j cole? lol

LOL SUBTLEBRAG OMG looooool

speaking of friendlies, i like 4-1 jpobs with mario vs falco, and 5-0'd him with peach in more friendlies :awesome: MORE SHOTS FIRED
Lol i don't even. keeping track of friendlies brah? Keep trying my duuuudddeee

just had some of the most fun playing melee i've had in a while,

fox dittos with tristan for like, 5+ hours, the last 4 of which i spent clawing.
Playing tristan is always mad fun cuz its never the same from game to game. He always tries to mix things up and counter my strats, even if he doesnt have the tech skill or know-how to do so lol.
ya that was crazy fun.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i sadly only remember friendlies well cuz i rarely play ppl let alone get to try stuff =(

the mario games were when you were salty and kept taking me back to FD lat nightmares ol and the peach games were the last games we played the night i drove to london :)

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah, Reis' Zelda is legit. He took a set off me in that low tier grand finals and I think went 3-1 with my Roy set 2.

He also beat David in lfs in Kirby/ness va zelda

:phone:

Sanu

Smash Champion
haven't read ****

stop guessing at who is better than who, and just attend a ****ing tournament. speculation is stupid

Windrose

Smash Lord
haven't read ****

stop guessing at who is better than who, and just attend a ****ing tournament. speculation is stupid

QFT.

I got accepted to UofT. I guess I'm going to be joining the Mississauga scene. Need to start looking for a place to rent. Where does everyone live?

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i much prefer doubles to low tier tournys. i dont get whats so fun about using bad characters with no options or variability in their playstyle.

idea

Smash Master
i like doubles more too, but it never has enough interest really.

lol i don't mind entering even if there are like 6 teams though.

Bing

Smash Master

Kyle, One day I will beat you in teams.. I have literally never played in a tournament where I havent played you... XD

$5 doubles would probably be less daunting than $10, just saying.
Most likely, some people wont enter if theres no money involved...

Btw you guys have any plans to go to Zenith? I'd love to attend...

JPOBS

Smash Hero
the challenge of it
the novelty of the "challenge" gets old fast for me.

Its like if i was to enter a race where both contestants had to ride a bicycle up a rocky hillside on flat tires. Fun for the first 10 feet. Then just irksome.

Maybe we should experiment with round robin style "bracket" in the event of low turnout for teams? I think this is what midwest does.

Top Bottom