• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Niko_K

Smash Master
I could host it at La Salle it's only $200 for the venue a day and the rest of the venue fee would go towards a pot bonus.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
how good is proj M atm? i'm really bad at updating my wii's stuff cuz the hacks on it are super old... so before i torture myself with attempting to update it is it worth it? i still have the orig proj M LOL

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
how good is proj M atm? i'm really bad at updating my wii's stuff cuz the hacks on it are super old... so before i torture myself with attempting to update it is it worth it? i still have the orig proj M LOL
Lot of fun but not if you're going to play as melee characters - the mechanics are different enough to be noticeable, and most high tiers didn't get changed much anyway (except for the tryhards making every smash mod who feel like they need to change Sheik) I play it to play new characters with melee-like mechanics. Also, helpful for coaxing Brawl people out of their bad habit.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Lot of fun but not if you're going to play as melee characters - the mechanics are different enough to be noticeable, and most high tiers didn't get changed much anyway (except for the tryhards making every smash mod who feel like they need to change Sheik) I play it to play new characters with melee-like mechanics. Also, helpful for coaxing Brawl people out of their bad habit.
kkk so it's pretty similar mindset to the orig pm

i remember hearing something like modmii. i dont' remember which one i ended up using. something like bootmii or something strange sounding... i haven't touched my wii in so long xD

i understand the dragging folder bit. but i recall i had backed up 2 separate sets of files on my comp. one set was for playing hacked/downloaded games. but that set of files didn't work with PM so i had to make a 2nd set. the 2nd set that allowed for PM in turn didn't allow for downloaded gameplay xD

je me so confusé

unknown522

Some guy
Modmii is a computer program. It downloads all the updated apps and software and also gives instructions if you new to install stuff or put things in a specific folder. It's really good.

Also if you're just modding a wii for the first time, it's great as well.

Also priiloader is better than bootmii if you care at all. Both are good anyway

:phone:

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
Also if you're just modding a wii for the first time, it's great as well.
It's a lot better if you're just modding a wii for the first time. I hadn't done anything with my Wii in terms of new hacks in ages and my experience was that because of all the changes in the Wii-hack meta, it's easier to unmod your wii, then use modmii to fresh-hack than to try and get the hacks to work with a long-ago modded wii

idea

Smash Master
well, they took out that bit of lag that made wavedashing feel weird, that's nice. and they nerfed ike a bit.

ganondorf on the other hand...

Rikana

Smash Champion
That input lag affected everything. Even scrolling through menus lol. Silly brawl.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Hey, they moved this thread to the Canada section and deleted the north coast. That was a good idea since it was really confusing having a Canada thread and a north coast subsection.

Coffee black. I live on highway 7. Do you and Stephen want to play?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
sooo...I watched Death Battle for the first time. http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-pikachu-vs-blanka

I actually really like the idea of analyzing video game characters abilities to such a degree. The battle at the end is kind of a plus too I guess.

Edit: Just watched the Link one and though it made me laugh, their math for the golden gauntlets and the fact that the Hylian Shield is canonically indestructible blew my mind.

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
sooo...I watched Death Battle for the first time. http://www.screwattack.com/shows/originals/death-battle/death-battle-pikachu-vs-blanka

I actually really like the idea of analyzing video game characters abilities to such a degree. The battle at the end is kind of a plus too I guess.

Edit: Just watched the Link one and though it made me laugh, their math for the golden gauntlets and the fact that the Hylian Shield is canonically indestructible blew my mind.
The end of that made me laugh a bit. Pretty clear who would win, but still fun.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
Question: You know the input lag that exists on a LCD/Wii set up... Does that exist when playing Melee on a Gamecube hooked up to a LCD?

I ask because I played Melee on an LCD via a Gamecube yesterday and it just seemed a lot more responsive. Maybe it was just me. I felt like I was really on point.

Another question: Why the hell is my post count not going up? Hahaha.

pidgezero_one

((((((((((( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) gotta go fast!
NNID
pidgezero_one
3DS FC
3222-5601-4071
you could be like me and treat every thread like a social thread :troll:

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
So the only real way to fix my set up at home is to buy a non-LCD TV for my Wii?

Ah, interesting.
LCDs generally are 8ms on average that most people have. So there is 8ms on average playing Melee on an LCD. Brawl + LCD is even more because I guess there is intentional input lag in brawl. It has to do with the display technology. CRT is instantaneous basically. Technically all displays 'lag'. The console transmitting the data from the wires to the display could be construed as 'lag', lol.

TL;DR

The best thing you can do is get a panel that is 2ms or lower. Melee looks like **** on LCD unless its Dolphin.

Jotora

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jotora
you could be like me and treat every thread like a social thread :troll:
Well, I don't care about post count. I was just curious. It's something I've been wondering about for a while.

LCDs generally are 8ms on average that most people have. So there is 8ms on average playing Melee on an LCD. Brawl + LCD is even more because I guess there is intentional input lag in brawl. It has to do with the display technology. CRT is instantaneous basically.
Wondering if I should just spring for a 2ms or steal the small CRT my parents are no longer using.

On the one hand, I have to spend money, but the apartment could use a second TV sometimes.

Technically all displays 'lag'. The console transmitting the data from the wires to the display could be construed as 'lag', lol.
Well, yeah...
Melee looks like **** on LCD unless its Dolphin.
*shrug* I think it looks good on mine, whatever it is.

EDIT: Come to think of it, Battlefield looks abnormally dark when you play on it. And it has nothing to do with my brightness settings. All other stages (as far as I can recall) look as they should.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
If you plan on playing often just get the CRT. No lag worries, little cost, can be used for other things, you can hide it when not in use.

Top Bottom