• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
So last night I may have discouraged some people from playing... someone brought a melee setup to a frosh event with the rule 'winner stays'. It took me a few games before I realized I should sandbag hard. Except for the guy that told me that Zelda is way better than Sheik.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Loser stays is worse because then you only get bad matches or people intentionally kill themselves to stay and it gets silly (and comical briefly) but then stupid real fast.

Rotations for life.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I wanna play Melee right now =/

I might try this shadowboxing thing vs Peach, Fox, Marth, and Falco with Sheik & Fox...

I dunno

Or screw around with moving around vs the CPU

Bleh

Dylan where are you

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Oh right, school, forgot about that thing.

But yeah, I'm good for Wednesday, just shoot up the KK signal and I'll be there.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Okies

10okies

I posted this in NorCal's Melee Group

Me said:
I know what you mean. On some of my hiatuses, I've gone to fests thinking, "I'll just sit down and play a few friendlies..."

Next thing you know, Zac's buck naked with Mango in the pool. People be punching each other in the driveway. Nobody can remember whose plastic cup belongs to who (and nobody cares either). The whole room reeks of smoke and sweat, and every ten minutes someone's screaming about the latest Scar combo.

Melee's too good. Best community ever. Best game ever. What more do you want from it?

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
I wonder how drastically our lives would change if one person randomly went missing from our existence. How much do you think would have been different over the past two years if I didn't join the community o.O

Gonna try and remember what I was a part of / fish it up and see. <_< edits to come.

1st off I don't think Kurtis would have been able to go to Apex 2010? Oh yeah...I registered a bunch of people since I had a CC too.

Lol, I forgot I lent kyle a controller at Apex that he liked? I don't remember if he did or not. oh, yeah he did...It's really weird seeing Kyle call me "riddlebox".

No one would have had to suffer through Dokapon Kingdom LOL...nevermind the outbreak of the game in the smash community during that time.

LOL I might have not ruined the game for Kurtis and Tristan might still have been the Peach slayer XD.

Classic Kyle Post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11850620&postcount=25010

lol David's avatar would have never gotten turned into a sexy blonde woman

LOL this McDonalds trip would have probably not happened either:

Bum: You should buy this ring for your girlfriend, for Christmas.

Kurtis: My girlfriend is dead man....

Bum: Oh...I'm sorry for your loss...

Kurtis: Yeah....

Bum: Are you sure man...it's a good deal 13 carrot.

Kurtis: YOU SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING HERE? IT'S CALLED SOLICITING, AND IT'S ILLEGAL.

Bum: Wouldn't be the first time I've done something illegal man!

(LOL **** ALWAYS HAPPENS AT KYLE'S MCDONALDS.)

We might have never recorded this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2GLJ4gnmt8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny13DDfF44Y&list=UUUtFuKfKz_PshWdeUXj-DzA&index=32&feature=plcp part 2

omg totally forgot about it lol.

Bored for now, stopping here lol.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
i wanna smash too. haven't played in a while. but i did recently play at some bday party did some 3v1s LOL they're so much fun.

i have double the reason to drive out now, since my sister is moved out and i drive her around sometimes.

we gotta work something out D:

idea

Smash Master
I wonder how drastically our lives would change if one person randomly went missing from our existence. How much do you think would have been different over the past two years if I didn't join the community o.O

Gonna try and remember what I was a part of / fish it up and see. <_< edits to come.

1st off I don't think Kurtis would have been able to go to Apex 2010? Oh yeah...I registered a bunch of people since I had a CC too.

Lol, I forgot I lent kyle a controller at Apex that he liked? I don't remember if he did or not. oh, yeah he did...It's really weird seeing Kyle call me "riddlebox".

No one would have had to suffer through Dokapon Kingdom LOL...nevermind the outbreak of the game in the smash community during that time.

LOL I might have not ruined the game for Kurtis and Tristan might still have been the Peach slayer XD.

Classic Kyle Post: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11850620&postcount=25010

lol David's avatar would have never gotten turned into a sexy blonde woman

LOL this McDonalds trip would have probably not happened either:

Bum: You should buy this ring for your girlfriend, for Christmas.

Kurtis: My girlfriend is dead man....

Bum: Oh...I'm sorry for your loss...

Kurtis: Yeah....

Bum: Are you sure man...it's a good deal 13 carrot.

Kurtis: YOU SEE WHAT YOU'RE DOING HERE? IT'S CALLED SOLICITING, AND IT'S ILLEGAL.

Bum: Wouldn't be the first time I've done something illegal man!

(LOL **** ALWAYS HAPPENS AT KYLE'S MCDONALDS.)

We might have never recorded this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2GLJ4gnmt8
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ny13DDfF44Y&list=UUUtFuKfKz_PshWdeUXj-DzA&index=32&feature=plcp part 2

omg totally forgot about it lol.

Bored for now, stopping here lol.
LOL that mcondald's story, i forgot about it

hmm...it also seemed kind of different when sylar left...and nick...and probably with all of nnr, but i barely missed getting to know them in the first place. oh, except nate, he was pretty loud so it was noticeable when he wasn't around (same thing with sylar actually)

...i'm still gonna respond to that whole teams critique post by the way...my goal is before the next tournament...

Cyan_

Smash Lord
Jack come to Laurier and we'll play

Or maybe I shoulg go to Guelph cause i dont have a tv at my res

:phone:

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
^ you're welcome to play in guelph anytime. it's like $6 bus fare to guelph iirc

ryan i have 3 sisters, but only 1 moved out =p you still live closest to holly but i never can get a hold of you last minute when i decide to drive out lol

also, i'm really happy newton's back from 2 semesters of co-op. i finally have easy access to practise X)

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
hurray...I'm down to play today too at some point after 9 or something.

Also I don't understand why we go to the doctor's for check ups nor why we have free health care if no one finds anything out until we're in emergency care...what's the point. Super suddenly people are just going to die...cool story.

Windrose

Smash Lord
hurray...I'm down to play today too at some point after 9 or something.

Also I don't understand why we go to the doctor's for check ups nor why we have free health care if no one finds anything out until we're in emergency care...what's the point. Super suddenly people are just going to die...cool story.
that's the trade off for free public health care. the quality isn't good.

as i continue my studies in the health and pharmaceutical industries, i notice a lot of problems in them. some that are quite disturbing. there aren't really any good solutions to a lot of these problems too. it's still better than having no medical industry at all though.

Top Bottom