• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Rikana

Smash Champion
I think James should be banned for being a badass.

I might be able to come afterall but not the entire night. Maybe right after work. Just cancel the event if I can't make it, 'k?

:phone:

Oh and I need your address again.

weon - X

Smash Ace
it's so hard to get good practise vs your sheik when a grab = death X_X
practise not being in a position where u get grabbed (part of the match up). that way the least times u get grabbed the more pressure he fells. because he has to make the most of it when he grabs u.

lol david.. i mean dylan haha and i stole the "its time" from imadh haha

weon - X

Smash Ace
kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee kyleeeeee

nvm u as$

Ministry

Smash Ace
Reposting this for the scrubby scrubs of Scrubtario with a few minor edits and things bolded for emphasis

Basically, if you want to be good, treat friendlies as not only a test of your current skillset (seriouslies) but also as an opportunity to learn new things. Work on combos, breaking bad habits, keeping good spacing, and building good habits. Don't get excited about taking random pro to 2 stock because, honestly, Ryan and Camilo are probably not trying very hard at all vs most of you (not saying this to be hurtful... it's just the truth). Understanding this, and using your chances to play them as opportunities to work on solidifying your gameplay will help you way more than getting excited the odd time you "take" a second stock on behalf of an impromptu SD. Get excited about whatever solid play you actually executed... this does not necessarily mean stocks taken.

A note on tech skill: learn your basics first. Be comfortable with all manner of your basics (this includes both complex actions [like SHFFL] and its components [the SH, FF, and L-cancel]). Be good at doing variations of these sorts of things. Movement is just a tool that opens up different ways to position your attacks. If you notice there's a move you cannot do but would help you fill a hole in your game, then practice it (independently at first, possibly, depending on how good or bad your generic tech skill is) and then practice implementing it to see if it can fill the hole.

Learning stuff beyond your character's basic tech skill should be done if you think it will help you with a weakness. This will in turn build a better style that you will feel more comfortable playing.

FWIW most of you are bad out of and on shields at comboing. Hit me harder than you currently are. I wanna feel like I'm getting banged like the salvation army drum when you guys hit me.

edit:

Kyle what time tomorrow?

i don't understand how this makes you better. I think if you play a lot of characters you will widen your horizon of information and get better that way. playing one character seems like a waste. Also if you take stocks of random pro they get upset and in turn play worse. So its very effective to rub it in when you take stocks.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Imma meet you guys at VP station around 11. You guys are gonna be there at 11 right?

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Omg, Smashers' Reunion has given me a perpetual boner.

Edit: Yup.

I feel bad for PP though, he sounded so sad at the end of the stream.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
i don't understand how this makes you better. I think if you play a lot of characters you will widen your horizon of information and get better that way. playing one character seems like a waste. Also if you take stocks of random pro they get upset and in turn play worse. So its very effective to rub it in when you take stocks.
It's things like this that make me want to play more Link in friendlies. :)

sauc3

Smash Lord
someone has ma controller, its black and sucks in a lot of ways. It was plugged into the cube in kyle's basement last.

also, wtf happened at the tourney? i heard some srs upsets went down.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
Yeah I lost my controller too. It's purple and the joystick is super responsive. Also the triggers are amazingly sensitive. If anyone has it, please give it to me

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
also, wtf happened at the tourney? i heard some srs upsets went down.
Falco beat Falcon in pools

Falcon gimmicks beat Fox in bracket

Marth gimp clutched a set in losers

Other Marth almost clutched it but didn't

A lot of sets went 5 games or at least it felt like they did

Ryan's controller broke is bad and he went Sheik in GFs

And I owe Ryan a Mojito

idea

Smash Master
i found a black controller but not purple one. the black one should be yours, kurtis, 'cause it has no markings or elastics or anything and all of mine have something like that.

there was a purple one here before but i think camilo took it when he left...if so it was probably his, i think he has a purple one too.

might also have been james who took it? i wasn't paying much attention, james left before i got up

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I don't know europhoria well but based off of jethrotex's proceeding 'lol' I kind of took it as him trolling by saying he had a perfect condition original purple controller and wanted someone to give it to him. You've known him longer so maybe it wasn't a joke but if it was..i suppose it was a successful troll =p

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Wow, Kyle, I can't believe you fell for that ;)

Anyways, I'm going to Seattle for PAX and I need help with Megabus thingsz.

I'm taking the bus to the Buffalo airport since the flight is much cheaper and I kind of have a problem with the schedule for my return. There are only 2 buses when I'm returning, the first at 10:45am and the other at 8:40pm, my return flight is arrives at 10:20am but I'm not certain if there will be delays or anything and go past 10:45am making me miss my bus. So, can I buy a ticket in person on that day for the same price as online, or is it increased and if so, how much?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Delays by the plane are entirely possible. IMO you generally want to give yourself some leeway in the event the bus or plane is late or whatever by a bit. I think you probably want to give yourself 2 hours minimum between the flight & bus.

Are there seriously no other buses? =/

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the only other bus is at 8:40pm, and getting in at 10:25 by plane and then waiting there for 10hours alone might not the most fun experience. That's why I was wondering if I could just buy the ticket in person if I am lucky enough to get in at the time the airlines tell me I will.

Maybe I'll just chill in Buffalo :p

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
I mean, with like 8 hours to burn you're not really limited to the airport, are you? Like, you'd be able to get back in if you leave, yes?

Maybe you can find some local players or a shady stripclub where they don't really check ID to kill hours. Or something.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
That's true, it's just not as fun without people. I'd either have to make friends with the strippers or host a tournament with them. They'd probably kick my *** as well. :/

weon - X

Smash Ace
10/10

also david i want ur new stiffy controlly

hey dylan what is pax again?

also if mango flys to europe hes gonna have to play pal fox..... vs amanda..... thats gonna suck

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the help, I'm actually going with Greyhound now, since, for an extra 2 dollars, I only have to wait for a few hours. Didn't know about this :p

Also, how long is a typical delay for a flight?

Top Bottom