• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
where does cosmo live?

seems like every morning i wake up now, he's already streaming. good thing i'm not in school now 'cause this would have completely ****ed my productivity

It was actually on Stadium and it's no bluff, that actually happened. lol. Idea, your reads are terrible!
nah ;)

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
With all these smashfests on I don't know if anybody will be at A & C tomorrow but I'll drop in after work. 4:30 if the people actually SHOW UP for a design meeting and 3:30 if they don't.

Rikana

Smash Champion
I can't come david. :( but Imma go to Kyle's for sure. I'mma bring Settlers of Catan!

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
I'm going =/

Edit: It's 3:05 if people don't show up for a meeting in 15 minutes I'm heading to A & C then otherwise I'll be there ~4:30

Windrose

Smash Lord
screw a&c. too far. costs money to enter.

come to my house.

is n0ne still playing today at david's place?

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
I work a ten minute walk from a and c... So im here now, playing alone until someone either comes or i get bored :-$

:phone:

while ****ing around in training mode i accidentally made 3 cpu roys on evade at double speed. Feel like someone sgould be playibg yakety sax.

Rikana

Smash Champion
Windrose, you wanna play tonight? I just got home.

Also, Kyle, I may not be able to come tomorrow anymore. :< I might be going to the night market with friends and then out clubbing. I'll see you guys at AnC though on Saturday.

n0ne

Smash Ace
screw a&c. too far. costs money to enter.

come to my house.

is n0ne still playing today at david's place?
Nah, i left like at 11 am. Was going to go to AnC but idk, sudden emo sensation, will go next week's thursday before heading back to Nicaragua.

Kyle, can u PM me ur address and stuff?

idea

Smash Master
Windrose, you wanna play tonight? I just got home.

Also, Kyle, I may not be able to come tomorrow anymore. :< I might be going to the night market with friends and then out clubbing. I'll see you guys at AnC though on Saturday.
what ray can't come?

CANCELED

EVERYTHING IS RUINED

Nah, i left like at 11 am. Was going to go to AnC but idk, sudden emo sensation, will go next week's thursday before heading back to Nicaragua.

Kyle, can u PM me ur address and stuff?

'k

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
you could always come to my house tomorrow, for free, and play lots of people :p
I don't want to ruin your fun with my scrubby scrub play :awesome:

A&C wasn't bad today. Got some decent matches in with Kevin in between confusing 12-13 year olds and playing Project M for the first time (no comparison to Melee, but a lot better than I thought it would be).

cdp

Smash Rookie
Crap is the monthly on Saturday? I'll probs be at the NASL final. Hmm... maybe I'll skip Saturday and go to the tourney

Rikana

Smash Champion
I have the private build of project m that I plan on bringing to AnC on Saturday. You can give that a try as it has more things than the latest demo already.

idea

Smash Master
I don't want to ruin your fun with my scrubby scrub play :awesome:

A&C wasn't bad today. Got some decent matches in with Kevin in between confusing 12-13 year olds and playing Project M for the first time (no comparison to Melee, but a lot better than I thought it would be).
lol why not, everyone starts as a scrub

except ken <_<

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Reposting this for the scrubby scrubs of Scrubtario with a few minor edits and things bolded for emphasis

Basically, if you want to be good, treat friendlies as not only a test of your current skillset (seriouslies) but also as an opportunity to learn new things. Work on combos, breaking bad habits, keeping good spacing, and building good habits. Don't get excited about taking random pro to 2 stock because, honestly, Ryan and Camilo are probably not trying very hard at all vs most of you (not saying this to be hurtful... it's just the truth). Understanding this, and using your chances to play them as opportunities to work on solidifying your gameplay will help you way more than getting excited the odd time you "take" a second stock on behalf of an impromptu SD. Get excited about whatever solid play you actually executed... this does not necessarily mean stocks taken.

A note on tech skill: learn your basics first. Be comfortable with all manner of your basics (this includes both complex actions [like SHFFL] and its components [the SH, FF, and L-cancel]). Be good at doing variations of these sorts of things. Movement is just a tool that opens up different ways to position your attacks. If you notice there's a move you cannot do but would help you fill a hole in your game, then practice it (independently at first, possibly, depending on how good or bad your generic tech skill is) and then practice implementing it to see if it can fill the hole.

Learning stuff beyond your character's basic tech skill should be done if you think it will help you with a weakness. This will in turn build a better style that you will feel more comfortable playing.

FWIW most of you are bad out of and on shields at comboing. Hit me harder than you currently are. I wanna feel like I'm getting banged like the salvation army drum when you guys hit me.

edit:

Kyle what time tomorrow?

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
What!? No! I refuse; Kyle and I are going to be reading our fabled Interracial gangbang Bukakae montage volume 7teenth.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
yo i'll see you there among 23049280 asians lol. holly wanted to go there for her bday

Jackkkk. Did you upload the impulse matches yet
soon! since the tourney i've had too much on my plate x) sorryyyy
Reposting
it's so hard to get good practise vs your sheik when a grab = death X_X

Top Bottom