• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Thanks for the help, I'm actually going with Greyhound now, since, for an extra 2 dollars, I only have to wait for a few hours. Didn't know about this :p

Also, how long is a typical delay for a flight?
Can be forever depending on the weather and similar external factors

It really just depends

I think SW's was delayed by an hour and a half or something

idea

Smash Master
sometimes planes get delayed just so they can triple-check things...which is good, since poor safety practice can kill like 200 people per flight. flying is actually very safe statistically

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Kyle, you and I are kind of similar, we both have y and l as the second and third letter in our name, followed by a vowel.

Not the same vowel, but a vowel.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
You can buy bus tickets in person on the day of but it'll be something like double the price (which can't be that bad if it's only Buffalo, but still).

Anyway, have fun at PAX. It looks fun. I'd rather go there than E3 tbh but the timing is bad for uni students (Close PAX is during exams and Far PAX is right before school starts). I'm looking forward to hearing about it.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
You can buy bus tickets in person on the day of but it'll be something like double the price (which can't be that bad if it's only Buffalo, but still).

Anyway, have fun at PAX. It looks fun. I'd rather go there than E3 tbh but the timing is bad for uni students (Close PAX is during exams and Far PAX is right before school starts). I'm looking forward to hearing about it.
There'll be vlogs, apparently :p

It's clearly Lyle
I like the name Lyle, it encapsulates the essence of a douchey badboy that the ladies love, with the comforting touch to calm their jitters.

weon - X

Smash Ace
lol coasters in general **** man i watched a bunch of point of view coaster vids and i think i can go through all of them except the behemoth. that **** looks insane

idea

Smash Master
it seems largely psychological to me...

me, young age: scared of roller coasters
a bit older: this is exciting and fun
a bit older than that: if i force myself not to make any facial expressions this is actually kind of boring

edit: but to be fair i haven't gone on any super intense ones like behemoth...i have been on top gun, i dunno how that is compared to others

and that one at wonderland that does a pendulum motion, i think that was my favourite ride for some reason

but my favourite part of wonderland overall is this one bridge overlooking a stream where you can watch a bunch of big fish swim around...

unknown522

Some guy
Too much **** from falcon huh?

Edit: Kyle, are you home on Thursday? I'm going to a friend's place for a bit and she lives in walking distance to your house. Apparently I have to be out at 4pm from there so just wondering

:phone:

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
I went on behemoth and **** my self the first time. Second time it was immense fun. Went on it 3 more times after that and felt like ****, everything in my body hurt. Went on it again the next year and felt incredibly bored. It's really nothing, idea's right about it being psychological. Although overuse can lead to actual physical pain, head aches and whatnot but there's absolutely nothing to be scared of.

Also, if you make that face on camera you should definitely pay the large, unnecessary price and put it on facebook.

idea

Smash Master
Host and ill try not to get flopped on again ^_^…

yeah sure, if one person's coming other people might as well come too :p

except this time i'm probably gonna kick people out on like friday night or saturday morning, i think i'm busy for most of the weekend...and i'm probably gonna ask for help with the dishes and stuff

weon - X

Smash Ace
I went on behemoth and **** my self the first time. Second time it was immense fun. Went on it 3 more times after that and felt like ****, everything in my body hurt. Went on it again the next year and felt incredibly bored. It's really nothing, idea's right about it being psychological. Although overuse can lead to actual physical pain, head aches and whatnot but there's absolutely nothing to be scared of.

Also, if you make that face on camera you should definitely pay the large, unnecessary price and put it on facebook.
nice ok this helped me to keep calm about things :) imma do eet

unknown522

Some guy
yeah sure, if one person's coming other people might as well come too :p

except this time i'm probably gonna kick people out on like friday night or saturday morning, i think i'm busy for most of the weekend...and i'm probably gonna ask for help with the dishes and stuff
If I can stay until Saturday, that would be great. Going to a picnic that day

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
What he's not telling you is that he'll be dressing up as a bear, taking over people's picnics.

He will scare them off with a simple phrase, "Rawr, I'm a bear."

Engo

Smash Ace
I went on the behemoth for my first time last year and it wasn't so much scary as it was a very uncomfortable feeling. Having your body suspended in the air parallel to the surface of the earth when it knows it should be perpendicular feels ****ing awkward and weird.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
just realise that millions have gone on rollercoasters and survive

theme parks like wonderland make 3029483209 in revenue and wouldn't do so if things weren't safe

so if they're safe what's to be scared? :)

Top Bottom