• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

sauc3

Smash Lord
k i might come on wednesday

either way i'm hosting on friday. starting at...let's say 2 pm. then we can all leave from here to the tourney on saturday.
i may swing by on friday if that's ok for teh chills,

lol tournament sat so I wont be going to the melee tourney.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Has anyone ever played this game called LIMBO? I think it's the kind of game you guys would like.

Windrose

Smash Lord
can you guys explain what happened at the end? or like what's going on overall in the storyline?
i hear there's a limbo 2

idea

Smash Master
my main complaint with limbo is

yeah, exactly, the ending didn't explain anything. did he save his sister? where are they anyway? what was with all those people trying to kill you? why was everything ruined? the game raises a lot of interesting questions and then leaves EVERYTHING open to interpretation. everything is too much. it would have been much more interesting to explain most of those things and leave only or two loose ends, not...nothing BUT loose ends.

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
I prefer the way the ending is, actually. It wouldn't have fit with the rest of the game if they had done something that explained lots. The only thing that would have been okay is if they had done the Braid thing where
one very clever sequence explains what has been going on the whole time
. As it is I have no problem with ambiguous endings.

The only sort of "Limbo 2" I've heard of is this which seems more like a spiritual sequel than a true sequel.

Windrose

Smash Lord
It was a pretty fun game to watch someone play through on youtube though.

I liked the overall game atmosphere.

:phone:

idea

Smash Master
I prefer the way the ending is, actually. It wouldn't have fit with the rest of the game if they had done something that explained lots. The only thing that would have been okay is if they had done the Braid thing where
one very clever sequence explains what has been going on the whole time
. As it is I have no problem with ambiguous endings.

The only sort of "Limbo 2" I've heard of is this which seems more like a spiritual sequel than a true sequel.
ambiguous endings are fine by me generally, but my problem in this specific case is that it was TOO ambiguous...the ambiguity was kind of its strength, but being unclear about some things works best when there are also things you ARE clear about, and limbo gave you 0 concrete information to stand on.

what bothered me is that it led to me EXPECT some answers and then gave none; some of the stuff happening lends itself really well to specific interpretations, which could be clarified, but then it isn't even a little, so it's like, what was the point of even making it people that throw spears at you, they could have been blobs of shadows or a spear-throwing machine or random spikes in the wall...y'know? but instead they're people, who set traps for you and run away from you. that just screams "THIS MEANS SOMETHING"...

so in the end it's ONLY a 7.something out of 10, when it seemed like it was gonna be a 9.something.

had a long discussion about this with my friends after we finished playing it lol

i wanna see kyle vs edgard NOWWWW we must record it
did i mention i'm basically a falco main now?

temporarily...at least until/if i feel for motivated to play jiggs again

i could always do jiggs mario too but that matchup is dumb and boring

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, Limbo came across as more trying to be artsy than actually artsy IMO. The atmosphere and setting are cool (
it's literally Limbo, as in Dante's Limbo; the least vile level of Hell
), but besides that it's kinda meh. I don't believe at all that the game means anything even though I'm sure there are elaborate theories out there. There isn't enough evidence in the text for a real argument.

Windrose

Smash Lord
It reminds me of the video from dead mouse. The veldt. That's how I find out about limbo.

n0ne

Smash Ace
If u guys like indie games, try aquaria out. Its a really good metrovania game, its on pc, altho im playing the ipad version on my iphone (some messing around with the game was involved to get it to work, jailbroken). Im really surprised this game is not as famous as its worth to be. 26h in and still lost. Game is huge.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
Hey Summonedfist, I was wondering, I know you were right near me when i did the match vs SW, did you record it?
I don't think so... were those friendlies? I was near you because people were crowding and pushing me away from Mango/pp friendlies.

If you did want them recorded you could've just asked! :D

/creeper status lol

Hatcrab Zombie

Smash Cadet
If u guys like indie games, try aquaria out. Its a really good metrovania game, its on pc, altho im playing the ipad version on my iphone (some messing around with the game was involved to get it to work, jailbroken). Im really surprised this game is not as famous as its worth to be. 26h in and still lost. Game is huge.

I have a free copy of Aquaria on Steam (won it during the last Steam sales but already had it) if anyone wants it.

n0ne

Smash Ace
And i got links for cracked iPad (need to be jailbroken) and PC versions. Links are hard to come by because practically all of them have become offline, game has been out for a while.

idea

Smash Master
If you describe it to me in great detail, I can create a rendition of your battle in Microsoft Paint.
I just remembered I double Faired him once and he had no jump and killed him at 40%.. lol. Momentum shift ftw!
there's a scene for you

i'm calling your bluff :bee:

edit: that reminds me, someone play me in Set on friday. it's a card game, it's fun.

_eternal

Smash Apprentice
there's a scene for you

i'm calling your bluff :bee:

edit: that reminds me, someone play me in Set on friday. it's a card game, it's fun.
set is sooooo hard lol. The comp sci people always play it at UofT's game night and I can barely keep up. I can see it being useful though... teaches you to recognize patterns on instinct rather than through calculation.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Attention to the people coming over tomorrow -

I'm seeing a friend for lunch from noon to 2. So come for 2:15 or so.

I think the only people this will affect are Ryan & Camilo, Jethrotex, and Steve. But yeah. 2:15. Not 1:30. Not a huge change.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Here you go Kage, I assume you were on Yoshi's and that SW was using Falco, but yeah, a perfect rendition of your money match.

I'm so good at Microsoft Paint.

Also, the grey outlined characters is to indicate the past.

idea

Smash Master
Here you go Kage, I assume you were on Yoshi's and that SW was using Falco, but yeah, a perfect rendition of your money match.

I'm so good at Microsoft Paint.

Also, the grey outlined characters is to indicate the past.
well done sir

edit: i hope you weren't working on that for that whole...exactly 6 hours.

Top Bottom