• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Well, it's not like I'm stopping you from playing casuals on other stages, but all tournament matches will be played on BF. I can't help that BF has only one background and colour scheme.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
"Top Tiers Only" is just the title of the tournament. Any character is allowed.

It's Battlefield because it's the most neutral stage in the game. FD's lack of platforms effectively removes a part of the game that should be played. The whole "No items, Fox only, FD" is just a running gag on smashboards and I don't really think it's that serious.

If people will actually come to this, considering the ruleset, I might actually host this. I even have a venue in mind to host this with.
i agree that battlefield is the most neutral stage, but it would still get boring playing only there after a while.
Have you people lost your minds?

When Sheik and Marth bthrow opponents, what wall is there for them to tech on? Sheik needs no walls herself really, all she needs is the edge. That level is grossly tilted in Sheiks favour (regarding the edge game) in more than one match-up.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, and spacies can't angle firething there. but...

yoshi's is small which affects lots of things. and randall.
FoD has weird platforms
FD has no platforms
dreamland is enormous

so all things considered battlefield still seems most neutral. by process of elimination. but i could see it being fd or dreamland too.

idea

Smash Master
one time like two years ago, i noticed that i could never get a spot in a car for anything. so i asked ryan, cause he always seemed to have a spot right away, and he basically said to just call one as soon as you hear about the tournament.

i also remember the time i asked bernard how to use rest.

weon - X

Smash Ace
so ryan is the one who started the whole "caliing" out for stuff

i see how it is

im not calling anything tho, i'll just feel bad if anybody gets left out

unknown522

Some guy
one time like two years ago, i noticed that i could never get a spot in a car for anything. so i asked ryan, cause he always seemed to have a spot right away, and he basically said to just call one as soon as you hear about the tournament.

i also remember the time i asked bernard how to use rest.
I never said that, but ok

idea

Smash Master
sure you did. it was just a long time ago. hmm...i guess there's a chance it was someone else...but i really don't think so.

and camilo, clearly someone has to be left out. doesn't it make sense for those who are willing to call a spot, to be the ones who go? they're likely the ones who are both most interested and most realistically able to afford the trip and have the spare time.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Hmm..I likely wont be in the country when that tourny rolls around so i wont call a spot right now.

but i may also do summer courses in which case i'd still be at school and would like to go. guess we'll see how things shape up.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
LMFAO