• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
overshooting is when you aim a move into their immediate retreat area rather than aiming it at where they are

so it's almost strictly an offensive thing

jack's describing just evasive movement --> punish

retreating =/= overshooting

overshooting is designed almost entirely to counter retreat play

the issue is that sometimes the opponent's retreat is so powerful the approach loses anyway (see: crouch canceling)

or they just stand there and hit you because you're running closer to danger when you attempt to overshoot (see: marth)

it's loosely related to cross-ups in this game because the two often coincide... you'll go to overshoot your nair or whatever but then they block so you wind up crossing up on them. which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

idea

Smash Master
in other news, writing an essay on abortion at the moment. pretty interesting so far...i didn't really have a strong opinion before i had to think about it like this.

that's what all essays should be like, they should force you to think about an interesting issue you wouldn't have otherwise. that'd be much better than bull****.

Ministry

Smash Ace
OK i can go Saturday i got it off work.

i think camping is an extreme word meaning staying in a particular place and make the opponent come to you, this also involves projectiles, like lasers needles, turnips or hadoken

what people actually do, i don't think should be called camping, its similar but more advanced with baits and stuff. i think camping should be used to describe what noobs do when they don't know how to combo or approach.

idea

Smash Master
OK i can go Saturday i got it off work.

i think camping is an extreme word meaning staying in a particular place and make the opponent come to you, this also involves projectiles, like lasers needles, turnips or hadoken

what people actually do, i don't think should be called camping, its similar but more advanced with baits and stuff. i think camping should be used to describe what noobs do when they don't know how to combo or approach.
in that case, i guess you and camillo are teaming? i remember him saying something about that...

soo...who wants to team with me? alan? james? although i can't see a peach jiggs teams working out that well =/

or possibly sveet depending on whether or not he ignores my post, lol

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
Now kyle.. We both know how terrible I am in teams..

I think i'll save my $5 for the cheap food there :D

idea

Smash Master
whoa, really? good thing we're getting 2nd in that then.

edit: aims, anyone? i'm thinking it makes sense to use aim for everyone i know through smash and everything else for everyone else.

Sanu

Smash Champion
but...fox + jiggs.

speaking of fox + jiggs, apparently i'm teaming with sveet now.
wow kyle... kind of a bitch move... you didnt even ask if i wanted to team

you'd rather team with a random player from the states than me, amazing

Sanu

Smash Champion
<_< sorry...i said why earlier though. variety. i've teamed with you like three times in a row.
lol whatever

josh team with me at the next local i bother to go to
Sure haha. Won't be for a while though, knowing our scene lol

Edit: I can't take James seriously with that avatar, it's way too cute and innocent looking rofl

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
lol ya david i know overshoot means to aim past where they currently are

but whenever i see someone approach spot X and opponent backs up from spot X and hits/grabs spot X as the approacher approaches spot X i always hear ppl say "ohhh he overshot him" lol

overshooting never really was one of my preferred terms. i just hear it so much :S

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
people are using the term incorrectly then

what they should be saying is "he should have overshot"

then again smash's lexicon isn't really well defined or recorded so w/e

they're still wrong though

Ministry

Smash Ace
Hi james

Im coming on fri!

Yeah i think camilo and I are teaming kyle.

How is golden sun?

david psyduck>poliwag

JPOBS

Smash Hero
James and everyone going with him to the MI tourny, as a heads up, im not going anymore. I have too much work to do to prepare for exams i cant afford to waste an entire weekend playing melee (saturday at MI then sunday london tourny).

However Im happy to still house you guys friday night if you guys are still going along with that plan. someone hit me up on msn lemme know whats goood.

Personally, Falco's are easy :p

and umm.. Poliwag>psyduck
MM?

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
Hey, so there is an open spot in my car now as you can see. If you can get to Guelph/Burlington on Friday it's yours...or just talk to me on msn Viaticalvivi@hotmail.com.

As for the rest of you guys, talk to me at some point today after 3pm so we can organize what we're doing. Tristan has graciously offered to house us still, so that's a bonus. I am hearing confirmation issues about Bernard, please talk to me so...you know I know what is going on as the driver...it'd help...a lot.

Top Bottom