• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Sanu

Smash Champion
It might look terrible but I heard it's amazing :3 can't wait to play it, lemme know what you think Ryan!

Also, welcome back to Canada peoples!

Sleaf

Smash Cadet
i played a bit of it. There's no tag team in 1 player mode, you only control DK..

:(

idea

Smash Master
hmm...can you throw diddy then? (is diddy his partner?) can you still do that roll-into-midair-then-jump thing?

i gotta get a wii points card or something...still haven't bought cave story wii.

Phiddlesticks

Smash Lord
You can't throw Diddy but you can still roll jump, although the mechanics for it are a bit different (you get A LOT of momentum in your jump from it). It takes a bit of getting used to but it still works out fine

idea

Smash Master
any news on sonic colours then? i don't really know much about it.

You can't throw Diddy but you can still roll jump, although the mechanics for it are a bit different (you get A LOT of momentum in your jump from it). It takes a bit of getting used to but it still works out fine
lol, so it's easier to do. gotcha.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Sonic Colours is pretty great. Given, I've only played (and beaten) the DS version, but I hear the Wii one is amazing as well. It's what a 3D Sonic should be, apparently.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Iasked Jesus, "How much do you love me?" Jesus replies, "This much", Andstretched his arms on the cross and died. If you love Jesus, put this as your status. 97% wont do it. When he was on the cross he was thinkingof YOU but only 3% of you will stand up for him!

JPOBS

Smash Hero
i never realy understood those chainletters about jesus and stuff

if god/jesus/the holy trinity cared enough about my life to know whether i put a simple status update on facebook, i'd have much bigger problems :/

JPOBS

Smash Hero
oh tristan, i didn't really hear anything about you the whole tournament. who'd you play in pools and stuff?
i got gay'd so hard in my pool

i played lambchops and lost 2-0, hella fun matches tho.
i lost to a luigi, 2-1. i didnt think he was particularly good but i had no matchup expeirence so whatever lol
lost to a samus from canada named omni, he's been to a few of our tournies and stuff so you might even know him. Last game, last stock high percent, could have gone either way.

the worst was i lost to a jigglypuff player. last game on BF i was down 2 stocks and made a comeback, we were both at over 100% then i read him on his WD backwards and ran in for a upsmash....but the upsmash phantom hit and he fsmashed me in my lag. I was really pissed. this was my second match of the tourny so i was pretty deflated after that happened. worst part is this jigglypuff actually went on and made bracket :glare:

and i beat some falco/link player who was in my pool as well. didnt make it out of first round though.

idea

Smash Master
oh lol yeah, i know omni. only heard from sauc3 like yesterday that he actually went to rom though. doesn't he remind you of agent smith?!

and, that sucks. phantom hits are so annoying, i really wish the game would just decide whether you legitimately hit or not. who was the jiggs? i'm guessing either doyoung or mr. f...

come to think of it i've probably seen omni more than you, lol

JPOBS

Smash Hero
oh lol yeah, i know omni. only heard from sauc3 like yesterday that he actually went to rom though. doesn't he remind you of agent smith?!

and, that sucks. phantom hits are so annoying, i really wish the game would just decide whether you legitimately hit or not. who was the jiggs? i'm guessing either doyoung or mr. f...

come to think of it i've probably seen omni more than you, lol
yea it was Doyoung. and lmfao omni def looks like agent smith omg

YEAH WHAT THE HELL?? He never told me :(

Obviously was in Tect's car though, geez
yea he did

on another note, Tect is a beast. i'd never heard of him before but i was talking to him he said he's an oldschool guy and this wa shis first tourny in years, but he's really good. he actully had good matches with mango in his pool i was impressed

idea

Smash Master
oh okay, he's good too. i watched him beat thorn in his pool at apex and get 1st seed. he ended up outplacing me, since he made it into bracket <_<

edit: yeah, jack...i got some good practice in general from apex but i'm probably really rusty now =/ i play computers sometimes when i'm bored, but all that means is that now i can moonwalk with falcon more consistently.

on top of no one seeming interested to do anything lately, i've also had a bunch of essays to deal with. for instance, one is due at 7pm today and another at like 4:00pm tomorrow. lol

but at some point later in the year, maybe over the winter break, i'll start hosting more stuff. hell, i'd even be willing to host an actual tournament, as long as someone else was willing to take care of money and brackets and whatever else i don't usually do myself at normal smashfests.

Pragmatic

Smash Journeyman
omg I'm so excitedddd I can't sleep LOL. If you guys don't think those matches are gonna be mad hype...you're morons! David went super flashy modeeeee, I'll upload the Canada pics to my Facebook sooon.

PS. yeah yeah, made it out of round one pools lol :<
Add me on Facebook? Interested in those pictures.

unknown522

Some guy
kyle we gotta play again =D

i got some good puff practise from apex lol hope i haven't forgotten it haha

haven't played you GTA since like ... forever =(
well then enter at waterloo and you can play me.

also, I hate how DK returns is downloading so slow (or is temporarily unavailable).

estimated time keeps changing between 8 days and 2 hours.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
that's pretty good then, doyoung took a match off kage in pools at apex...maybe the set? i think just a match.

i can't decide if i think he's better than me or not ;)
i honestly wasnt particularly impressed by him. I mean, he's good, he took a match off of chops so i know he wasnt a joke, but I def couldve (and shouldve) beat him.

but i havent played you in tourny in forreevver so idk how you are compared to him ahah

it was mr F tristan.
nah yo, it was definitely Dooyoung. it was my pool, i know who it was lol

Ministry

Smash Ace
but at some point later in the year, maybe over the winter break, i'll start hosting more stuff. hell, i'd even be willing to host an actual tournament, as long as someone else was willing to take care of money and brackets and whatever else i don't usually do myself at normal smashfests.
I can help you do brackets and stuff kyle, just let me know when you wana host.

I just got a laptop so i can get Tio on it, (or whatever its called) and handle the flow of the tourny

unknown522

Some guy
nah yo, it was definitely Dooyoung. it was my pool, i know who it was lol
alright fine.

edit: Wow, finally DKCR is downloading faster.

it's started going from 1 KB/s to 1.45MB/s. So the ETA has changed from 7 days to 7 mins.

Also, they translated enough of pokemon black for me to continue it. Sweet.

Summonedfist

Smash Lord
well then enter at waterloo and you can play me.

also, I hate how DK returns is downloading so slow (or is temporarily unavailable).

estimated time keeps changing between 8 days and 2 hours.
i gotta sneak to your place more... private friendlies are so much better than you ****** me in bracket... or lining up to play you at a tourney LOL

I'm heading up the Waterloo thing on the 4th too. : )
and that sucks... cuz i definately can't make the 4th

4 huge finals starting on the 7th and onwards :(

and by huge i mean like, cell bio/genetics/epidemiology/biochem crap all 50+% :( :( :(

the 5th class i'm winging :laugh:

Top Bottom