• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Sanu

Smash Champion
jebus 5 am? <_<

hope you guys got some amount of sleep before the tournament!

Gichan

Smash Champion
Man I failed guys. I unfortunately thought that pound 5 was in March cause someone told me that but now I realize they had the same date. Shoulda known when i heard monday was being used.

Either way I am hosting a tournament on Feb 20th (sunday) at where i work. I got half the hall and was going to include melee. what I want to ask is should I even bother? Or are all of you going to pound?

If anything, for whoever is not going to pound, you are invited to come by to play some friendlies with others. If you can even bring tvs I won't mind having a table with three tvs for melee. I'll have plenty of space for that.

Thoughts?

EDIT: To make it up to you guys if one of you can help me (not even with too much) I can host a melee only tourney in jan at tfns. It would be a good prep before pound.

duyzee

Smash Cadet
it's under...user profile...something...i forget. i think this post is more telling you to play around under profile settings =P it's probably on the left bar somewhere.
Thanks. Took me forever to figure it out.

idea

Smash Master
lol, sorry. i figured it would be clearly displayed somewhere.

general news about canada at rom 3: kk and macd beat their pool, kk and unknown each got first seed, but ryan lost a game to jesiahteg...uhh...riddlebox made it out of first round...sauc3 didn't for some reason =/...dunno about jpobs...kage got first seed too...2nd round pools should be happening sometime tonight.

oh, and banks beat vanz and got 1st seed in their pool. dunno what happened there <_<

idea

Smash Master
everyone from canada who you'd expect to **** their pools, did. likewise in teams.

i posted a bunch of results in the rom3 thread by the way.

idea

Smash Master
mango was probably sandbagging lol. but whatever

now david's playing dr. pp in winners semis. set is 1-1 =D

edit: stupid chat died on me, as soon as i got it back...2-1 david =O

2-2...

OMG HE WON

NEXT UP: M2K VS. KIRBYKAZE

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

duyzee

Smash Cadet
Wanted M2K to win so f*cking bad. I wasn't really surprised PP won though, I kinda had a feeling from the beginning that PP was going to win. That set from HERB2 was too close, time has passed there was no way M2K was going to win with him fading slowly, but yeah. I love you David, for getting 3rd, I texted you after your 1st set against PP. Repping Canada. I'm pretty sure a while ago I said that David would get top 5 at ROM get@me.

Gichan

Smash Champion
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291911

was wondering, although the majority of you are going to pound 5 i still would like to do a melee tournament because there are so many people at my work and **** that want to attend for it. I still see a decent interest. If you guys are not going to Pound cause you can't afford it or for any other issues make an effort to comeout to this. and post your interest in melee so that I may include.

I'm also probably going to go ahead and do a tourney up for you guys in jan at tfns so you guys destroy at pound. do it up.

idea

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291911

was wondering, although the majority of you are going to pound 5 i still would like to do a melee tournament because there are so many people at my work and **** that want to attend for it. I still see a decent interest. If you guys are not going to Pound cause you can't afford it or for any other issues make an effort to comeout to this. and post your interest in melee so that I may include.

I'm also probably going to go ahead and do a tourney up for you guys in jan at tfns so you guys destroy at pound. do it up.
i WOULD be interested, but i'm gonna try really hard to go to pound...january maybe. for future reference i'd be willing to go to anything you've advertised so far, i just don't want to run it myself.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
David you're MY hero.

I wish I could have been there to cheer you on. So happy you finally got your time to shine. It was inevitable. BEST SHEIK IN THE WORLD

Ministry

Smash Ace
David is the best sheik in the world. once he takes the ditto from m2k, he will be unstoppable.

David now you cant say I'm bad anymore. now its "i guess I'm alright"

sauc3

Smash Lord
i suck and fail :(,

also, if the videos from wsf are half as hype as the crowd **** is gunna be unreal, trust guys, you'll want to see.

+1 for david for best shiek.

Riddlebox

Smash Journeyman
omg I'm so excitedddd I can't sleep LOL. If you guys don't think those matches are gonna be mad hype...you're morons! David went super flashy modeeeee, I'll upload the Canada pics to my Facebook sooon.

PS. yeah yeah, made it out of round one pools lol :<

Top Bottom