• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
KK, I can't play Luigi if I play any other character before him, he's being ****ed up. :[

Sanuzi, LMAO wtf?? WTF as in wtf were you doing looking that far back only to find that???

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hey yo T.O.

You know what we just found out?

The day of Revolution @ NCBA Tournament is on the same day as Nuit Blanche. What does it mean?
It means that the shops and **** in MTL downtown are open all night. ALL NIGHT! In other words, not only can we can crunk and go to ***** bar until 5am (3am max for alcohol), it means the subways and buses are running all night, with crazy events happening downtown.

In other words, if you miss this, we will be out having fun no matter what. I wouldn't care if you didn't show up, but holy **** you will regret it lol.

Also if you could bring marco with you, it would be swell.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
If Chris comes we can record ...though that doesn't guarantee anything will ever be put up.

Hi Manli.
Hi David (that's also my brother's name!). Did you see my Sheik vids? They are kinda scrubby, but you get the idea!
Yeah, I have enough money to bus too. Chances are thats how we're getting there if any of us decide to go.

Hi Manli.
Hi Bernard!
Nobody else ask to come, I'm full at this point.
Can I come
I'd come but you already know I can't...

Sorry guys :(
I lol'd, given the context of your previous post.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Hi David (that's also my brother's name!). Did you see my Sheik vids? They are kinda scrubby, but you get the idea!
I saw them but you play weird and I don't understand your decisions or thinking patterns.

I think you should grab more. :)

David and guys still there:

If you see a metallic stylus lying around, it's mine, for my phone.
Where do you think it would be?

KK, I can't play Luigi if I play any other character before him, he's being ****ed up. :[

Sanuzi, LMAO wtf?? WTF as in wtf were you doing looking that far back only to find that???
He does that periodically.

Hey yo T.O.

You know what we just found out?

The day of Revolution @ NCBA Tournament is on the same day as Nuit Blanche. What does it mean?
It means that the shops and **** in MTL downtown are open all night. ALL NIGHT! In other words, not only can we can crunk and go to ***** bar until 5am (3am max for alcohol), it means the subways and buses are running all night, with crazy events happening downtown.

In other words, if you miss this, we will be out having fun no matter what. I wouldn't care if you didn't show up, but holy **** you will regret it lol.

Also if you could bring marco with you, it would be swell.
Sounds cool.

idea

Smash Master
hahah...brings back memories...

funny thing is, the last match of that set fly goes fox, and the video is still 7 minutes long. (watching it now)

oh yeah and general reminder: WE HAVE TO ORDER TICKETS SOON. they're only gonna get more expensive.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I saw them but you play weird and I don't understand your decisions or thinking patterns.

I think you should grab more. :)
Lol that's the point, isn't it? Basically I jump around and do needle-cancelled moves when I'm bored or don't know what to do. Then when they assault me, BAM! =D. And when they are far away I like to do utilt a lot for fun, she's so acrobatic. What kinds of decisions should I make? Are there situation-specific things that are guaranteed? (When fox is X meters away from the edge and you are facing off the stage and you have enough time, you should jump and blah). Your other post was very helpful. Is the techchasing a guaranteed combo at low percent?

My Sheik likes doing too much dair, how can I fix this? And yes, I'll try to grab moar.

Who picks peach on corneria

lrn2play more characters
Hello Cral! I'm in Ontario =O

idea

Smash Master
=/

well, i'd still be willing to for $60 (that's both ways together, right?) but if it gets much higher than that then yeah, that'd be too much.

idea

Smash Master
lol, okay. go shroomish.

edit: i've always been a fan of shiek's shield pressure. jab dtilt jab ftilt dtilt. hehe.

not to criticize, buuut...

you really don't have to edgeguard with fair. especially vs. falcon. if you just grab the edge and bair him he has nowhere to go. fair kills him faster but there's no need to kill him faster at all =P there were lots of times in that match where if you had grabbed the edge on him first he probably would have died. most notably the ending...

your sheik is weird. 'scool.

I.B

Smash Lord
So like, I play sheik now guys

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtsgeBq5ZxY

Here's a video from smash today in Ottawa. I wasn't playing great, but the guy there, Blitz, was playing quite well IMO! I was pretty impressed, considering Ottawa's scene isn't too thriving.
Combo'ing Up-air -> weak b-air -> up-air has to be one of the weirdest Sheik combos I've seen.

Not bad though, not bad at all.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
That ending was hilarious.

Hi guys! I play Melee now.
My Sheik has that effect on people. LOL kidding most people (ERIC) loathe my existence thoroughly when I play Sheik. Welcome to melee (again?)! =D
lol, okay. go shroomish.

edit: i've always been a fan of shiek's shield pressure. jab dtilt jab ftilt dtilt. hehe.

not to criticize, buuut...

you really don't have to edgeguard with fair. especially vs. falcon. if you just grab the edge and bair him he has nowhere to go. fair kills him faster but there's no need to kill him faster at all =P there were lots of times in that match where if you had grabbed the edge on him first he probably would have died. most notably the ending...

your sheik is weird. 'scool.
You're absolutely right. I just don't feel comfortable that I can get to the edge in time. When I'm playing, I always doubt that Sheik is fast enough to get to the edge without being hit away. Any tips? I notice that David uses needles to get to the edge, but I don't know how to grab that much momentum to do that. Also my tech skill is bad. Any ideas?
Combo'ing Up-air -> weak b-air -> up-air has to be one of the weirdest Sheik combos I've seen.

Not bad though, not bad at all.
Thanks man, I like it sometimes too. Combos like that feel amazing, because with Sheik, it's as though if I can contemplate it, I can execute it.

Toronto, look at my marth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2vM53yzwJw

please critique, I need some orthodoxy in my marth.

idea

Smash Master
You're absolutely right. I just don't feel comfortable that I can get to the edge in time. When I'm playing, I always doubt that Sheik is fast enough to get to the edge without being hit away. Any tips? I notice that David uses needles to get to the edge, but I don't know how to grab that much momentum to do that. Also my tech skill is bad. Any ideas?
Any ideas?
teehee

well...not really, just...she probably is fast enough =P i guess force yourself to wavedash onto the edge more often? i used to have this weird resistance to grabbing the edge but once i started forcing myself to do it i got used to it. but for you it's probably more simple, like getting used to sheik's wavedash or something.

and specifically with falcon, unless he survival DI'd really well or is at low percent, you can usually just wait on the edge to make him go onstage. then he will be in a lot of lag and close enough that you can run up and grab/hit him into a combo, which could easily send him offstage =P

(if he aims to edgecancel on a platform, it should be fairly clear he's trying to do that, since it's sort of hard to aim, so bair him or something first)

yeah, in my experience vs. falcon, mostly you can just grab the edge and wait. and with sheik you can also use your huge bair to intercept his predictable recovery if he happens to arc it that way. i think kirbykaze vs. ss has some examples of this. imagine that but without any missed edgeguards =P

Top Bottom