• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
Blah you know who this is.

You're absolutely right. I just don't feel comfortable that I can get to the edge in time. When I'm playing, I always doubt that Sheik is fast enough to get to the edge without being hit away. Any tips? I notice that David uses needles to get to the edge, but I don't know how to grab that much momentum to do that. Also my tech skill is bad. Any ideas?
Fair is fine for edgeguarding, Bair is just easier to hit.

Do the needles quickly while rising and cancel quickly. You'll keep some of the momentum. You'll cancel before the needles drain your momentum or something, I'm really not sure how it works but it does.

You can also just turn around and WD --> FF edge grab.

I dunno I'm bad at critique.

If you still don't know whom this is... nurgle.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
teehee

well...not really, just...she probably is fast enough =P i guess force yourself to wavedash onto the edge more often? i used to have this weird resistance to grabbing the edge but once i started forcing myself to do it i got used to it. but for you it's probably more simple, like getting used to sheik's wavedash or something.

and specifically with falcon, unless he survival DI'd really well or is at low percent, you can usually just wait on the edge to make him go onstage. then he will be in a lot of lag and close enough that you can run up and grab/hit him into a combo, which could easily send him offstage =P

(if he aims to edgecancel on a platform, it should be fairly clear he's trying to do that, since it's sort of hard to aim, so bair him or something first)

yeah, in my experience vs. falcon, mostly you can just grab the edge and wait. and with sheik you can also use your huge bair to intercept his predictable recovery if he happens to arc it that way. i think kirbykaze vs. ss has some examples of this. imagine that but without any missed edgeguards =P
Yeah, you're right. I normally have noooo problem edgeguarding the captain. But let's say I'm fighting a Fox, and he's firefoxing from beneath the stage, and it's almost a sweetspot. I don't have time to get onto the ledge. What do I DO? Dsmash won't work, and intuitively I would try a dair edgecancel edgehog. Unfortunately, this only works with Marth, not Sheik. I know the idea is to space a fair, but I'm so bad at that, and the flames hit me.

I guess I'll force myself to WD onto the edge and hit him once he's on the stage?

sorry reggie. One bad thing after another.

I also have a job interview at No frills tomorrow.
Good luck, friend. Tell them Diakonos sent you.
Blah you know who this is.

Fair is fine for edgeguarding, Bair is just easier to hit.

Do the needles quickly while rising and cancel quickly. You'll keep some of the momentum. You'll cancel before the needles drain your momentum or something, I'm really not sure how it works but it does.

You can also just turn around and WD --> FF edge grab.

I dunno I'm bad at critique.

If you still don't know whom this is... nurgle.
D...d...da..dad? YOU'VE RETURNED! (/nelson simpson's moment)

Okay, I'll try it. You should critique harder though! Anything else I should work on?

unknown522

Some guy
Yeah, you're right. I normally have noooo problem edgeguarding the captain. But let's say I'm fighting a Fox, and he's firefoxing from beneath the stage, and it's almost a sweetspot. I don't have time to get onto the ledge. What do I DO? Dsmash won't work, and intuitively I would try a dair edgecancel edgehog. Unfortunately, this only works with Marth, not Sheik. I know the idea is to space a fair, but I'm so bad at that, and the flames hit me.

I guess I'll force myself to WD onto the edge and hit him once he's on the stage?
If they are firefoxing close to the sweetspot, SH needle them, then take the ledge and hit them with [insert move here]. You can also run off and b-air/n-air them. Normally, you shouldn't have trouble getting to the ledge though, especially if they are recovering low. If the flames are hitting you, then they are high enough for you to d-smash. Also, her leg has invincibility on the first frame that you d-smash.

Good luck, friend. Tell them Diakonos sent you.
All day son.

D...d...da..dad? YOU'VE RETURNED! (/nelson simpson's moment)

Okay, I'll try it. You should critique harder though! Anything else I should work on?
d-throw tech chasing is gay and very easy on falcon. If they don't tech, then f-tilt/d-smash them. Don't try to wake them up with jab.

edit: just got back from the interview. It seemed ok.

idea

Smash Master

If they are firefoxing close to the sweetspot, SH needle them, then take the ledge and hit them with [insert move here]. You can also run off and b-air/n-air them. Normally, you shouldn't have trouble getting to the ledge though, especially if they are recovering low. If the flames are hitting you, then they are high enough for you to d-smash. Also, her leg has invincibility on the first frame that you d-smash.
yeah ^

i was gonna say, if they're sweetspotting low then why wouldn't you have time to grab the edge? they still have so far to go.

you usually don't even have to worry about how to edgeguard while standing onstage. but yeah, needles would give you time to grab the edge there anyway.

Europhoria

Smash Lord
I could go to York >_> Marco still has my controller, I could go get it back I guess, if people can bring a cube and stuff. When will be there from and until?

weon - X

Smash Ace
something really ****ed up happened to me a while ago

i was holding the cereal bowl (it was with cheerios, not bad but i prefer frootloops ) and suddenly it started to vibrate like a cellphone, and i was like lolololol wut!!

idea

Smash Master
I could go to York >_> Marco still has my controller, I could go get it back I guess, if people can bring a cube and stuff. When will be there from and until?
i can bring my wii as long as you don't flop at the last second or something.

something really ****ed up happened to me a while ago

i was holding the cereal bowl (it was with cheerios, not bad but i prefer frootloops) and suddenly it started to vibrate like a cellphone, and i was like lolololol wut!!
what? was it your hand vibrating?

Dynamism?

Smash Champion
If you're interested in knowing your WC counterparts, read these.

Eventually hopefully everyone in BC will have one. They'll be slowly updated until it's full. So far most of them are helping me make these for them but some like Diakonos just want a surprise. It's just a fun little thing I've decided to do. Read and lulz if you will. :)
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=266335

Manuel is next, just so you know. ;)

Europhoria

Smash Lord
7:30/when they kick us out or when everyone is leaving

my class ends at 7:30. if at least one other person goes you can play them for a little while before i/others get there, though.
>_> Can Blur or somebody post if they're going earlier with a Cube // I guess I'll go Kyle.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tY01dFMBoE4

How in ****ing hell did that Peach make Winner's Finals of anything.

Diakonos

Smash Lord
**** haikus

this red rum
ready? here it comes
Compton, uh,
Dre found me in the slumps
Selling that skunk
One hand on my gun
I was selling rocks when Master P. was saying unnnh
Buck pass the blunt
These G-Unit girls just wanna have, fun

That's enough of such sin! Man that brings back grade 8 memories.

GOTTA SICK VENDETTA
TO MAKE THAT, CHEDDA

unknown522

Some guy
Fresh like uhhhh
Impala uhhh
chrome hydraulics,
808 drums
you don't want none
***** better run
when beef is on i pop that...
Trunk
Come get, some
pistol grip, pump,
if a ***** step on my white air, ones
this red rum
ready? here it comes
Compton, uh,
Dre found me in the slumps
Selling that skunk
One hand on my gun
I was selling rocks when Master P. was saying unnnh
Buck pass the blunt
These G-Unit girls just wanna have, fun

That's enough of such sin! Man that brings back grade 8 memories.

GOTTA SICK VENDETTA
TO MAKE THAT, CHEDDA
You guys are the worst.

lol

edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bxke7BGgMow so gay...

Top Bottom