• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
I hear that. I'm taking it as my last credit in high school right now.

Also, Andy can you move the Ontario player finder thread to the main Canada Boards?

chesterr01

BRoomer
BRoomer
How'd you hook up in translation?

What do you have to do?
I like languages. You translate texts from eng to fre usually. If you do a doctorate, you can become an interpreter and translate stuff orally. There's a big market in translation, especially in quebec, because when a company needs to send pamphlets to my place, it has to be in english and french, but more importantly french. So since the French from France is different from the French in Quebec, there's a lot of demand from companies to get their **** translated.

idea

Smash Master
it's the most aerodynamic. the other ones give up some smoothness in exchange for an accessory. crown gives +10 to wisdom. on the other hand, blue bow just subtracts a bit from speed.

idea

Smash Master
haha, you guys might like this - 'overheard at york'.

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=201576722164

"A few days ago my friend and I decided to drive to school together. As we finished parking in the student center parking lot and we both got out of the car, a girl ran up to us and said "excuse me?sorry.. hi, we both have the same car and omg i totally locked my keys in my car just now by accident! can you unlock my door with your keys so i can get mine out?" "

edit:

"I remember Nats [Natural Science] 1840 Carl Wolfe just explained how the earth moves around the sun:
Student: raises hand, asks question "So the earth moves around the sun? Like I mean right now we are moving around the sun?"
Girl "Get Out"
Everyone in lecture starts laughing..."

O_O...i am somewhat ashamed.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
Yes, because 2 men hugging for 2-3 minutes really relates to smash... lol

In other news, I made a new friend today:

:)

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
theres alot of spacing in ufc, like it reminded me of the falcon vs fox match up cuz the dude would try and bait the other dude wit punchs, and when the guy went in to close for punch he step back and kicked him, then it kept happening then othe other dude went way to close and the dude kneed him in the chest and it was game over he just ran in and beat the **** out of him, the dude fell and he kept punching him the dude tryed to roll away and he like followed him and kept punching him, but he some how broke free, but it didnt matter cuz like the 2nd he stood up he got punch in the face like 3 times and got knocked out i was like dammmm,

idea

Smash Master
i can think up a smash analogy for so many things in life. i've done this many times but it's never come up so they've mostly been in my head =P

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
I was watching ufc tonight and one of the guys that had to fight was a wrestler. His opponent knew he would be going for grapples and take downs, so the wrestler was training his zoning game and footwork to keep up with other aspects of the fight. His trainer taught him a few fakes and feints to bait out attacks, and how to get sneaky take downs in so he could take the match. During the fight, he kept mixing up high jabs with low grapples and feints. He would sometimes jab and force his opponent to block. When he did he would either "shield pressure" with a hook to the head to knock him off balance, or go for the legs. The opponent guessed wrong every time and got *****. At one point they were at neutral distance, about a two jabs length apart. The wrestler goes in with his head down and his hands blocking his face (for the take down). The opponent defends low with his arms semi-extended to push the grappler back. The wrestler takes a step to the left and spins around and grabs him by the hips and hoists him over and slams him. He gets on top of him and ***** him some more.

Sometimes ufc is really interesting. So many mindgames lol

worldjem7

Smash Ace
lol Eric...seriously? If you're gonna try to sum up UFC at least do it properly.
I don't like it so it must not be applicable! :bee:

Come on Eric <___<
Don't get me wrong, I like martial arts, but whenever I see a UFC fight start, it always seems to go like this:

1. Fighters take their stances
2. START
3. about 30-60 seconds of pokes, feints, jabs, and whiffs; where all the spacing and mindgames are
4. when someone finally gets a solid hit or grab, they end up on the floor.
5. they roll around like this for a while.
6. Round end.

repeat

If I'm going to watch a fight, I'd like to see the guys actually fighting.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
I was watching ufc tonight and one of the guys that had to fight was a wrestler. His opponent knew he would be going for grapples and take downs, so the wrestler was training his zoning game and footwork to keep up with other aspects of the fight. His trainer taught him a few fakes and feints to bait out attacks, and how to get sneaky take downs in so he could take the match. During the fight, he kept mixing up high jabs with low grapples and feints. He would sometimes jab and force his opponent to block. When he did he would either "shield pressure" with a hook to the head to knock him off balance, or go for the legs. The opponent guessed wrong every time and got *****. At one point they were at neutral distance, about a two jabs length apart. The wrestler goes in with his head down and his hands blocking his face (for the take down). The opponent defends low with his arms semi-extended to push the grappler back. The wrestler takes a step to the left and spins around and grabs him by the hips and hoists him over and slams him. He gets on top of him and ***** him some more.

Sometimes ufc is really interesting. So many mindgames lol
lol ufc is sick, lol spike is the only good channel i get here so its like the only one i watch so i started watching ufc

alright wat is actual fighting 2 you eric

also does anyone no how to get/ have a youtube account that can upload vids longer than 10mins

also i'ma post a new trailer with a due date of the final combo video for the TT, i';m thinking ethier Jan 1st , 2010 bring in the new year with new forms of **** anyone have a problem with this?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Conversation between Alex Strife and I:

Alex Strife said:
Sanuzi said:
Alex Strife said:
Sanuzi said:
Hay hay, what's up!! Thank you for the housing offer, we really appreciate it ^-^

add me on msn or send me yours: joshuzi@hotmail.com
sonsofXXXXXX@hotmail.com
Apparently I already have you added from last time but I haven't see you online all week <.<;... so uh, hit me up with the details then, what's your address? We'll probably get to your place much earlier than we got to your friend's place last time :laugh: 2 AM arrivals aren't fun.

My cell is 647 449 9653, what's yours? Also, you can house us for Friday and Saturday night, right? Thanks much.

6X6 XXX 0XX0

So uhh, I'm getting no info out of him except his cell phone number. Anyone else want to poke him? xD

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
i havent had any success finding housing for p4 either, i really hope we dont have to get a hotel,this is becomming way too expensive

edit: the entertainment value of ufc all depends on matchups,which can be lead into another smash analogy =p
kickboxing is my favorite to watch

Top Bottom