• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
lol, um I'm at Central Hall. The other people I found aren't really that great lol. I only played like 3 games to see how they play and watched how they play a bit. One of them said he used to go to Mississauga tourneys but stopped going. At the student center, there are big tvs that people can play on. We can go there and use those tvs lolol. Or we can just go to your dorm and play there. We'll see.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
lol, um I'm at Central Hall. The other people I found aren't really that great lol. I only played like 3 games to see how they play and watched how they play a bit. One of them said he used to go to Mississauga tourneys but stopped going. At the student center, there are big tvs that people can play on. We can go there and use those tvs lolol. Or we can just go to your dorm and play there. We'll see.
were the **** is central hall lol w.e add me on msn christopherpelech_7@hotmail.com and come over sometime this week so we can play

idea

Smash Master
yo kyle can i drop by tomorrow and pick up stos's cube? i dont wana go out and buy one if someone is gona let me borrow it for free
haha, the one time i don't check smashboards for over a day. i've been at a friend's house this whole weekend.

wanna come to york on wednesday this week and i can bring it there?

wait, is this at u of t? can i come sometime? u of t is closer to me than york...a lot closer.

idea

Smash Master
oh.

in that case...are you still gonna be here on wednesday =P or do you really urgently need to come get stos' cube at my house.

also you should ask stos <_<

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
"You've got to be kidding me. I've been further even more decided to use even go need to do look more as anyone can. Can you really be far even as decided half as much to use go wish for that? My guess is that when one really been far even as decided once to use even go want, it is then that he has really been far even as decided to use even go want to do look more like. It's just common sense."

best quote ever, aside from possibly

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
So I was in the Falco boards and they were talking about Forward Air Applications and I remembered reading by Scotu or someone that you could do a pillar with Fair that was immune to shield-grabs if you were frame perfect with it (like, actually) consistently.

I'm a very boring person.

So, I decided to try and see if it was true or not. This is the labour of 15 minutes.

Shine F-air Pillar

01 Shine, hitlag
02 hitlag
03 hitlag
04 hitlag
05 hitlag
08 input jump 1
09 input jump 2
10 input jump 3

11 input jump 4
12 input jump 5
13 airborne start Fair 1
14 Fair 2
15 Fair 3
16 Fair 4
17 Fair 5

18 Fair 6, hitlag
19 hitlag
20 hitlag
21 hitlag
22 hitlag
23 hitlag
24 Fair 7
25 Fair 8
26 Fair 9
27 Fair 10
28 Fair 11
29 Fair 12

30 Fair 13
31 Fair 14
32 Fair 15

33 Fair 16, hitlag
34 hitlag
35 hitlag
36 hitlag
37 hitlag
38 LC 1
39 LC 2
40 LC 3
41 LC 4
42 LC 5

43 LC 6
44 LC 7
45 LC 8
46 LC 9
47 LC 10
48 LC 11

49 Shine

Green means shield-stunned.

Made using this as a reference http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2690107#post2690107

superdoodleman frame data was also used. Mogwai's thread was checked a few times for comparison purposes.

It's never going to be used ever. You have to SH FF in such a manner so you're airborne for 20 frames instead of 17, which is Falco's shortest airborne time. And you'd also have to be frame perfect on it, or you can be shield-grabbed on landing. As it is, there's a 7 frame gap where a shield-grab could be stuck in, but they'd have to be frame perfect and tall enough to grab you out of your peak jump. You'd also have to hit the second hit of Fair the frame before you land, or L-cancel lag would kill you (11 frames is so long).

Oh well. I had fun.

Dair would still be better anyway because of WD OoS.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Well, think about this: if you can actually apply that in game with amazing tech skill and inhumanness within a reasonable amount of frames, your opponent would also have to be frame perfect to get out of it. Not that you should use it, but it would look funny. If anyone would be able to pull that off anyway, it would probably be you, you technical haghog.

Also:

Grmo

Smash Champion
Although the role playing stuff is only because I love seeing how awful people are at writing. One guy actually had his character use falcon punch. I nearly died when I read it.

Is anything happening at York today? I'm probably going there soon.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Well, think about this: if you can actually apply that in game with amazing tech skill and inhumanness within a reasonable amount of frames, your opponent would also have to be frame perfect to get out of it.
It is, sadly, my belief that this is false. Upon initial inspection, the pillar is sound but then you have to consider that you're hitting them with Falco's F-air. For better or worse, Falco's F-air is very weak. I think it would be very feasible for them to shield grab after the first hit, get hit out of their grab on the second hit by an incredibly weak move, and then crouch cancel grab to really silly percents.

:(

Oh crouch cancel.

Still, it was a fun venture.

Grmo

Smash Champion
It is, sadly, my belief that this is false. Upon initial inspection, the pillar is sound but then you have to consider that you're hitting them with Falco's F-air. For better or worse, Falco's F-air is very weak. I think it would be very feasible for them to shield grab after the first hit, get hit out of their grab on the second hit by an incredibly weak move, and then crouch cancel grab to really silly percents.

:(

Oh crouch cancel.

Still, it was a fun venture.
That's true actually. This makes me sad :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Smashfest this weekend at my house

Who's invited: Not you

When is it: Maybe Saturday, maybe Friday, depends on what's convenient for me. Largely me. Less you. But possibly you. Possibly a Kyle-esque thing where you can come on Friday afternoon and stay until mid-Saturday evening (or late Saturday evening).

How many people: 8

Can you crash: Probably not all 8 people

Will RaynEX be there: I'll consult the 8-ball

Will Unknown522 be there: I don't know

Will food be provided: You may eat cereal; I have Lucky Charms and Nesquick

How good is NESn00b: You decide. He plays really, really gay though

Please reply to post you noobs. I will reject you at the door if you show up unannounced and I have the cap filled, so if you don't post or leave me an offline MSN message for when I get home (phone's been dumb with answering so don't rely on it), don't expect to be allowed in.

Just an FYI.

^.^

Sanu

Smash Champion
Smashfest this weekend at my house

Who's invited: Not you

When is it: Maybe Saturday, maybe Friday, depends on what's convenient for me. Largely me. Less you. But possibly you. Possibly a Kyle-esque thing where you can come on Friday afternoon and stay until mid-Saturday evening (or late Saturday evening).

How many people: 8

Can you crash: Probably not all 8 people

Will RaynEX be there: I'll consult the 8-ball

Will Unknown522 be there: I don't know

Will food be provided: You may eat cereal; I have Lucky Charms and Nesquick

How good is NESn00b: You decide. He plays really, really gay though

Please reply to post you noobs. I will reject you at the door if you show up unannounced and I have the cap filled, so if you don't post or leave me an offline MSN message for when I get home (phone's been dumb with answering so don't rely on it), don't expect to be allowed in.

Just an FYI.

^.^
Sup dizzle? I'm down, as usual.

P.s., I wish I didn't fall asleep during the Chun Li movie XD

Top Bottom