• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
nice.

i have banjo tooie with me at the moment. come to my house when i host next. probably this weekend.

and, cool, about the game and stuff. i remember trying stuff with my cousins on rpg maker when we were all much younger...but i don't really think that counts =P we never actually finished a game.
gimme

but yeah, we're taking this really seriously. after realizing that World of Goo was made by 3 people and was enourmously successful, we were inspired, and thus are making this with a very small group. I'm trying to remember to ask the Jeffman if he can help with programming, but he's probably really busy anyway.
hey grmo can i get into this :D, also wat language are u programing in?
uhh, I dunno, what Eric said I guess. I'm doing everything but the coding, since I really suck at it. Literally everything, down to specific design.
We're doing it in C++. I'm taking part in the programming.

It's still in the really early stages so there's really not much to program yet. Right now it's mostly Story Brainstorming and coming up with other ideas as to how we want the game to be.
I had a huge burst of creativity last night and was up until 5 AM writing, so I think I've got the first 80% of the story worked out. I just need to figure out the last arc then specific igbogs can begin and I'll stop being a cave troll.
in that case i'll move this.

hey grmo.

this is a hagfish.

http://www.google.ca/search?rlz=1C1G...TF-8&q=hagfish
hahahahaha omg

this is amazing. I also found out Hagberg is a name. I found a book by a Hagberg in Robarts, and didn't understand a thing in it, but it was awesome.

Holy hats it's tuesday now. I may as well not come if there's a cap on 8 people though :\

Maybe this weekend though.

edit: Does anyone else play warcraft 3? I kinda want to play with someone XD

idea

Smash Master
Any GIF-making program you can currently find online requires you to pay for it. I do not recommend any of them as I have searched long and hard for a freeware GIF conversion program a while ago for my current signature. I came up empty-handed and was forced to use a website to convert the video.

The only way to turn a video file into a GIF is if you cut the video to the part you want to convert and then use an online converter.

The following are the two best websites I could find for this kind of conversion:

GIF Ninja
This site is perfectly fine except for one major restriction: The maximum length of the GIF to be made is 4 seconds. You have to cut the video yourself in order to fit the 4-second restriction. Otherwise, it will only record the first 4 seconds of whatever clip you offer to convert.

Media Convert
It's a multi-purpose video to video converter that allows you to convert to GIF as well. It also includes a feature that allows you to cut the video within the site itself. The problem with this site, though, is that when you try to convert a video file to GIF the frame rate is slowed down by at least 1/4. So, you'd be getting the same video in GIF format but at 75% or less the speed of the original.

This is where I got my signature from.

Notice the difference in speed between my signature and the video.

It starts at 00:22 and ends at 00:28, this is longer than what GIF Ninja allows, so I was forced to use Media Convert. I tried speeding up the video itself so that when Media Convert reduced the frame rate of the GIF it would balance out to what I wanted, but it was still faster than the original.

I probably could have stuck it out and fiddled with the different speeds until I found one that allowed the conversion to work properly, but I got fed up with the whole thing and settled. Too much work for too little pay-off. It is just a simple GIF after all.

Incidentally, if anyone wants to send me a clip to cut, I'd be happy to comply.
okay, thanks, i'll try these later =) i have two in mind and they might both be less than 4 seconds.

gimme

edit: Does anyone else play warcraft 3? I kinda want to play with someone XD
you have to come here to play it cause i'm already borrowing it from a friend and shouldn't really move it around. you've never been to my house, actually, have you? it's sort of become the main smashfest place for parts of the summer...more so before david started hosting occasionally.

and, i own warcraft 3 but i don't play it. my computer is bad at video games anyway, and i'm even worse at this one...i generally can't beat the computer in one of those custom maps.

idea

Smash Master

does this look slow to anyone else or is it just my computer?

i got some program to cut video, then saved it as jpegs, then put those in GIMP, then made a gif. looks really good but appears slow, although my computer sometimes plays gifs slowly for no reason i can figure out.

edit: i've now opened it in imageready and am just deleting occasional frames. =P works very well.

Cyan_

Smash Lord

i got some program to cut video, then saved it as jpegs, then put those in GIMP, then made a gif. looks really good but appears slow, although my computer sometimes plays gifs slowly for no reason i can figure out.

edit: i've now opened it in imageready and am just deleting occasional frames. =P works very well.
yeah that's slow for me too

X- Sylar -X

Smash Journeyman
MOTHER****INBULL**************

I wont be able to attend todays festivities hope you guys have fun getting better whilst i waist away playin level 1ns in a corner of a room for the next couple months.

pz

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
okay, thanks, i'll try these later =) i have two in mind and they might both be less than 4 seconds.

you have to come here to play it cause i'm already borrowing it from a friend and shouldn't really move it around. you've never been to my house, actually, have you? it's sort of become the main smashfest place for parts of the summer...more so before david started hosting occasionally.

and, i own warcraft 3 but i don't play it. my computer is bad at video games anyway, and i'm even worse at this one...i generally can't beat the computer in one of those custom maps.
I built a computer of the summer so it's amazing :D

yeah. Not just that; a lot of gifs look slow.
I play Warcraft 3. Hit me up on Drknecro @ azeroth
Azeroth...blah, I don't remember what realm I play on. I'll check and add you, and maybe we can play some time.

EDIT: Yay, I play on Azeroth too. My username is grmothehedgehog.
ATTACK~! blahaha

haahahahaha, that's hilarious

idea

Smash Master
TAMEKA, you left some notebook here at the last smashfest. my mom JUST found it under the weird cat tent thing we have. (i didn't read anything past "Tameka")

speaking of which...

this saturday starting at...1:00. but not sunday. sunday is the lazy day not based around smash. people can still come over for that, but it's not another smashfest day, and i have to kick everyone out by 6:00 PM.

idea

Smash Master
I are may appear as well, but you will not recognize me for the first hour or so.
ill be there
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I'm down.

sup ****?
edit: pretend i also quoted ryan here, he said he's coming.

good...good...

What show is that from? It looks familiar.
That's the Gorillaz. They're a band with some nifty videos.
eric: yeah, what he said. one of my favourite bands. when i upload a cd of theirs to itunes it says "rock", but they also use rappers for some songs. pretty weird overall too.

this is from Dirty Harry (the main guy in the band must be a big fan of Clint Eastwood).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NOeDPrJPao

unknown522

Some guy
Welcome back josh!!

Lol and hour ago, I saw david's brother link stitch face -> n-air from 120% on David's falco. It actually had enough hitstun to keep david in place and get a n-air.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Thanks! Congrats on soon to be MBR status :D

And wtf <____< Bernard and David didn't make it into the MBR but Desh (WTF?? No offence, I still love you but wtf) and Swordgard (WTF?????????? He's a brawler) did?! That's some ******** ****.

C 3

Smash Ace

And wtf <____< Bernard and David didn't make it into the MBR but Desh (WTF?? No offence, I still love you but wtf) and Swordgard (WTF?????????? He's a brawler) did?! That's some ******** ****.
Welcome back Josh! and yea, that's what's on everybody's mind on that topic. How was the trip?

idea

Smash Master
haha, yeah josh, we were talking about that. how umbreon came up with swordgard i don't understand at all. i'm not sure if i've ever been to a melee tournament with him <_<

Desh

Smash Ace

Not to sound like I'm awesome or anything or anywhere near as good or as knowledgeable as bernie or david, but I do actually know a hell of a lot of shiz. Mostly because of how much I'v talked to people.
I've had a bunch of lengthy conversations with David, mike G, cactus, talk to m2k every once in a while etc.

But the main reason I was added was because I was already organizing a new MBR before umbreon. I had a group of people with basically all the best people around. (or best at playing who the play.)

Well except m2k and mango and armada.

I went through every character and chose a few really good representetives from each. Also added some TO's and stuff. People joined and liked the idea. Including bernie from what i could tell from the few times he posted in the group. He seemed up for it.

But umbreon came and PM'd me and said that he wanted to revamp SWF's MBR and told me to add him on AIM, and we talked for a few hours bout who should be added and stuff. I told him that david and bernie should be added for sure for sure, for some reason he didn't seem to up for it.

He said david had like pages of infractions or something, and that he hasnt looked to much into bernie.

I'm pretty sure if either of them wanted to join, and requested it that they'd be added though. =s

But yeah. Thats whats up for anyone wondering.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Though it was admittedly bull****, Desh has been banned approximately 27 times.

Somehow, I think that beats 4 pages of infractions.

Desh

Smash Ace
Yeah word.
Idk. I think you should request to join D: They'd accept, plus you'd be more helpful than half of the people there. =/

I dont get why swordgard was added though. No offence but i think that makes a lot less sense than me. O_o I thought he plays brawl? Meh. I think they should have added someone like you or bernie or vwins or kage or bam or someone from WC. =/ idk.

Top Bottom