• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
edit: whenever i want to post here, i was the last poster.

my mom has this teacher forums website she uses for work, but there are also casual sections where people post other stuff, such as things they're selling. one is...

gamecube (used but working) - $75
n64, two controllers, rumble pack, game shark, and 12 games (don't know which) - $50

or all of it for $100

anyone interested? try to reply quickly, deals there don't tend to stay open very often.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, they didn't say. i can maybe ask my mom to contact them tomorrow. honestly, it seems worth the $50 even without the games =P

bernard - did you watch princess mononoke yet? i was thinking about it, and i'd be up for watching spirited away at something in the future. that one i'm okay with watching around other people, and i haven't seen it in a while. i could download or borrow a bunch of other miyazaki movies, too...i've seen most of them already but they're all worth seeing again.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
If the controllers are in good enough shape and any of the following games are in that list, I'm sold.

Conker's Bad Fur day
Jet Force Gemini
Megaman 64
Snowboard kids 2
Super Smash Bros.

I'll take the cube too for the 100$ deal.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Whoever isn't on this list and is going to Anime North through me, please PM me ASAP :D

Alan
Andrew (Leek)
Mike
David
Ryan
Bernard
Kyle
Afro Chris*
Desh*

* Needs confirmation.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
why not? he beat vwins didnt he?
It was mostly a joke; I forgot to add a smiley D:

And it's not that I don't think he'll win, it's just that I saw Pink Shinobi play Germ and if he does that, I know Bernie. He'll get bored of shooting him around the 4 minute mark :(

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
didnt germ win also?
Germ quit two of the matches.

Pink Shinobi was up 3 - 1 and there were like three and a half minutes or so left in the third game.

In the first match he was down something like 2 - 1 with 30 seconds left so he just said "fuck it" and jumped off the stage and Daired.

He did win game 2.

idea

Smash Master
wow. most of my Romanticism class is neatly summarized on the wikipedia page by that name. the parts it misses are probably in some of those links near the bottom of the page.

idea

Smash Master
i'm up...so...early...i woke up half an hour ago. cause my exam is at 8:30 and i want to leave some extra time inbetween.

it's actually the very first possible exam slot.

edit: in addition, i could pass my philosophy course without taking the exam =P i wonder why they mark so much easier in that class.

edit 2: even at 8 AM,york is a distracting place to study O_O

unknown522

Some guy
If the controllers are in good enough shape and any of the following games are in that list, I'm sold.

Conker's Bad Fur day
Jet Force Gemini
Megaman 64
Snowboard kids 2
Super Smash Bros.

I'll take the cube too for the 100$ deal.
lol, megaman 64. I have the pc version (legends). Playing on the keyboard is really annoying sometimes.

I also have bernard's jet force gemini. He might want to sell it.

My friend also lent me the first snowboard kids last week. (broken *** game. Slash all dai!!)

idea

Smash Master
so my friends are playing pokemon cards right now...

why is confusion so good? what do people usually do to make it more manageable?

oh, and, what time should i get to AN tomorrow?

Santana

Smash Apprentice
so my friends are playing pokemon cards right now...

why is confusion so good? what do people usually do to make it more manageable?

oh, and, what time should i get to AN tomorrow?
Lulz, I used to play maybe 2 years ago with an all grass deck. It was very decent and I consistently beat all my friends. /pro

Confusion is good, because it's like a beefed up sleep/paralysis. You flip to see if you can do your move, but if you get tails, instead of just doing nothing, you do 10 dmg to yourself. To manage it, you can either switch for one of your bench Pokes, which will remove it, and repeating this with low or no retreat cost Pokes until the confusion misses or just not attack and stack your bench until you're Poke dies or you're ready switch out and one shot that Drowzee.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Lulz, I used to play maybe 2 years ago with an all grass deck. It was very decent and I consistently beat all my friends. /pro

Confusion is good, because it's like a beefed up sleep/paralysis. You flip to see if you can do your move, but if you get tails, instead of just doing nothing, you do 10 dmg to yourself. To manage it, you can either switch for one of your bench Pokes, which will remove it, and repeating this with low or no retreat cost Pokes until the confusion misses or just not attack and stack your bench until you're Poke dies or you're ready switch out and one shot that Drowzee.
t1 (squirtle as active, rest who cares)

pokemon breeder to make blastoise on t1 and skip wartortle (may require setup from bills / maintenance / other searchers)

rain dance --> stick 5 energies on him

professor oak until you get a lass, using item finder to recycle prof oak when necessary

play lass

win game

======

if that's too complicated, simple cleffa + lass on t1 is pretty much gg for most decks if you have any sort of setup, even gimmicky one.

lass = both players discard all trainer cards in their hand

cleffa = eeeek attack shuffles your hand into your deck + draw 7 cards

so you basically do some massive setup gayness with your trainers on your turn, then **** their whole hand, draw a fresh one, and then continue to setup something really stupid / broken. can backfire if they topdeck professor oak or have a cleffa of their own.

======

kyle, i try to make confusion manageable by winning on turn 1 or 2

idea

Smash Master
okay, well, i dunno where we got our rules from, but the way we were playing, confusion does 30 damage to you if you miss and can't be removed except with full heal. so retreating would seem to be the only thing to do, but that assumes you can kill the confusing pokemon with one of your own, which never really happened =P

venomoth was pretty stupid. the first issued one.
healing pollen: flip three coins, restore 10 health to it and all benched pokemon for each head
sonic distortoin: does 10 damage or something, flip 2 coins, if either is heads the opposing pokemon is confused

-----------------------------

david, the melee tournament at AN starts at 9, how are you still up at 5:30 =P

i woke up at 7 but was too tired so i slept in till now. will go soonish for friendlies and such assuming people are planning to stay there most of the day.

Santana

Smash Apprentice
wth I can't believe David posted after me that late. Go to sleep.

I actually think you need to flip a coin to retreat your Poke when it's confused and it's 20 dmg not 10 or 30. I haven't looked at the rules in a while. But whatever, don't attack until you've got a Charmander with 4 energies, then switch him out, take the confusion, evolve to remove the confusion and do a 100 Flamethrower with Charmeleon.

idea

Smash Master
OH MAN...today was so overwhelming...so many girls...so...beautiful......no words...should have sent...a poet...

guys, next year, we're all getting a hotel.

afro: i saw a bunch in a store once. i think that was during the new york trip, though.

julian: evolving gets rid of confusion? good to know.

--------------------

can't stop listening to this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v4rVaEwoPJs

Top Bottom