• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Sanu

Smash Champion

Divinokage

Smash Legend
holy ****... you can clearly see the different styles of both falcons when watching them at the same time. SS is definitely more mindgames, Darkrain just ***** you lol.

idea

Smash Master
okay, anyone knowledgeable about anime...

should i watch macross? i remember reading the description and it sounding good. but there are a whole bunch of versions, so if so, which should i start with/are there any of them i should skip?

worldjem7

Smash Ace
The reason why there are so many different versions of Macross is because there are a bunch of OVAs thrown around.

This is the story order:

Macross Zero (OVA) - 5 eps - First aired: Dec 21, 2002
Macross (Original) - 36 eps - First aired: Oct 3, 1982
Macross Plus (OVA) - 4 eps - First aired: Aug 25, 1994
Macross 7 (Sequel 1) - 49 eps - First aired: Oct 16, 1994
Macross Dynamite 7 (OVA) - 4 eps - First aired: Dec 18, 1997
Macross Frontier (Sequel 2) - 25 eps - First aired: Apr 3, 2008

Total eps: 123

That's for the main story, there are a bunch of specials, parodies, and movies strewn about in the mix which I don't think you should worry too much about until you finish the actual series.

idea

Smash Master
okay, thanks. can you compare it to any other animes? or...give a general impression of it? basically i want things that take themselves seriously. and...aren't silly.

a good example of what i mean is ghost in the shell [just finished season/GiG 1 today (what does GIG stand for?)]. it's really consistent in how it portrays things. there are some funny parts, but there's never one where they all take a dancing class and Batou just WILL NOT be upstaged by that one guy. and then his face looks like :3 when a girl dancer comes out. that would be stupid and uncharacteristic of the show and the characters. see what i mean?

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
for some reason my youtube is ****ed..
sometimes it says "an error has occured please try again later" on the screen for the video and sometimes it doesnt even start or load. But my previous videos i've watched loads but sometimes stops >.>

worldjem7

Smash Ace
It's definitely not that silly, I'd say it's somewhere on par with the Gundam series for levels of seriousness.

I'm trying to search the original myself and I keep running into Frontier.

Also, my house friday?

Gaaaah! I keep finding Macross 7 and Frontier but, not the original!

And, Kyle, get on MSN you bum! lol

idea

Smash Master
oh yeah, msn would have been faster, wouldn't it =P and now i'm going to sleep soon. and i'm busy tomorrow studying for my exam on saturday (haven't started yet).

idea

Smash Master
yeah, occasionally. it probably has something to do with my school being on strike for 3 months. =P

whatever, at this point weekdays = weekends for me anyway. they weren't even that different when i had classes.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
for some reason my youtube is ****ed..
sometimes it says "an error has occured please try again later" on the screen for the video and sometimes it doesnt even start or load. But my previous videos i've watched loads but sometimes stops >.>
Its because you make too many combo videos. Now youtube is rejecting you.

yeah, occasionally. it probably has something to do with my school being on strike for 3 months. =P

whatever, at this point weekdays = weekends for me anyway. they weren't even that different when i had classes.
failyour

idea

Smash Master
oh, ****it, that's right. i still have gundam wing too. that makes something like four or five animes for me to watch over the summer.

stos - that might have just been yesterday, a lot of videos were doing that for me too, and being glitchy when you switch it to high quality. but it got better later in the day.

Leek

Smash Cadet
Eric, I'd like to come over for the smashfest :D

Where do you live?

Edit: Never mind I'm ********

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
oh, ****it, that's right. i still have gundam wing too. that makes something like four or five animes for me to watch over the summer.

stos - that might have just been yesterday, a lot of videos were doing that for me too, and being glitchy when you switch it to high quality. but it got better later in the day.
yeah eugene just told me that it was happening to him also.

D

Deleted member

not evennnn its just 15 minutes. less, even. i think u'll understand why its good in shorter - production values, acting, all are up there.

idea

Smash Master
yeah, but i'm studying for my exam right now. and i haven't read most of the stuff from second term =P

this isn't a problem, really, but it means studying will take longer.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
40 posts per page makes navigating this thing easier

we're semi active

we don't have many tournaments but we have a lot of casual stuff so if that floats your boat then yay

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
LOL Ryan why are you trying to learn how to play CvS2? :laugh: such a campy game. Man, Blanka is so gooood in that game holy ****. Him, Sagat, Bison, Vega and E. Honda are nuts.

Pick up Bison, so I can come by your matches and be all like "PAINT DAT *****HHH".

Is everyone coming to Mikey's?

Sanu

Smash Champion
I might come.... I'm not sure yet. They're tight for TVs and I doubt I'll be helping if I drop out. On the other hand, I probably won't enter if I show up.

Conflicted!!

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD

idea

Smash Master
jake - i keep seeing posters for that. never would have thought he'd be connected to someone i know personally. hope he's safe...

as for this tourney on the 6th...i might go.

hahaha, with the current attendees list maybe i could win melee =P but the prize would be something like $12.

if anyone's going to that, tell me, i have lots of free time now.

speaking of which, smash this week other than wednesday?

Top Bottom