• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
anyone else playing Crimson Echoes? (the leaked chrono trigger rom hack)

i really like it so far. it's too soon to judge it on storyline or anything, but they seem to be doing a good job with it. and it's like being able to re-explore the whole chrono trigger world =)

this rom can be found pretty easily through google by the way. i think mine was off megaupload.

Niko_K

Smash Master
That chrono trigger leak isn't that 98% complete beta though xD. If you read up on the site it tells you that there are a TON of features missing including the endings. They're posting a playthrough of the entire game on youtube so we could see what could've been the best remake ever....

**** Square Enix, so gay.

idea

Smash Master
oh, okay. i remember reading that somewhere too. i think i'll play through most of it and use youtube to fill in the gaps.

i really wish the company would make their own sequels. they've shut down multiple chrono trigger fan games. if there are enough people into this game that there are groups willing to get together in their free time and make their own versions of this game then JUST MAYBE there'd be some demand for a true sequel.

idea

Smash Master
hehehehe

if you thought shine was fast...mantis shrimps' attack comes out at like frame 0.0something. apparently it's so fast that you can't even measure it on normal video cameras (http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/sheila_patek_clocks_the_fastest_animals.html).

to see a fluid movement, it had to be recorded at 20000 frames per second. lots more than the 60 of ntsc melee.

edit 2: related video i think grmo posted a while ago: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mu6yrC6bjNo&feature=related

**who's going to almost genesis on the weekend and how are they getting there?

edit: wow, and this is way faster: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/5272094.stm

idea

Smash Master
yeah, their arms go to like 45 miles per hour. and when they hit the snail, their arms are moving so much faster than the surrounding water that they boil some of it, and produce flashes of light. which is also even crazier underwater.

but then there was that other link to the ant. it said its jaws close at like over 100 kmh =P it can bite the hard ground, and the force of that (since it doesn't break the ground) sends the ant flying into the air. there's a video of it, it looks really weird. if i imagine scaling it up to me doing that i'd be going over small- or medium-sized buildings.

Sanu

Smash Champion
So Final Fantasy 14 was just announced an hour ago... and it's releasing at the same time as Final Fantasy 13.

Spoilers: It's another mmo :3 gonna have to try it.

unknown522

Some guy
I need to get a hold of bernard to see what's going on. From what I know, he wants to go to STC to eat and watch a movie. He wants us all to pick where to eat (boston pizza, jack astors, and kelsey's). If he would pick up his phone with at least 50% consistency, then it would make things easier.

My house is canceled for sure though.

Sanu

Smash Champion
I need to get a hold of bernard to see what's going on. From what I know, he wants to go to STC to eat and watch a movie. He wants us all to pick where to eat (boston pizza, jack astors, and kelsey's). If he would pick up his phone with at least 50% consistency, then it would make things easier.

My house is canceled for sure though.
Ooh, awesome. I heard some weird stuff <.<

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
How people can interpret "I'm not home on Friday" to "Smashfest at David's on Friday" continues to baffle me.

For clarity, I will not be home Friday.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
meh, I got that joke upon clicking on Kyle's links earlier. They mentioned that in those videos as well.

idea

Smash Master
oh. ...heheheh. i didn't catch that.

i was just posting cause i like animals and stuff.

edit: guys, no matter what anyone else says, you'll always be prawn killers to me.

idea

Smash Master
aww. i finally got to a part in crimson echoes where a bug prevents you from getting any further. and you can probably use debug mode to get past it somehow, but i don't know how to do that.

oh, well...i can still watch the playthrough videos on youtube. the newest one is pretty far back from where mine screws up, though.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Zeality's script is still up though right? It can be finished using the alpha. I was looking forward to Chrono Crisis, but now they are completely changing it. They def made the wrong decision, I didn't think they would shut down all of Kajar labs considering how many projects were up there.

idea

Smash Master
okay, i haven't been following all of that as much as you have, but i know kajar labs was a bigger...site...thing...with a bunch of different chrono mods. and now they're shutting it down? wha?

and tell me about chrono crisis...haven't really heard anything about it but the screenshots look really good. and apparently it's not being developed as strongly anymore.

man. i wish chrono cross had been done better =( it's overall not a great game, has a lot of problems. but if all of it was like the good parts, it might just have been the best video game i've played.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
So I'm in Geneva, Switzlerand. KLM airlines food made me throw up my first night. Geneva is really close to France, like right on the border. So we toured the countrysides and the edges of Lake Geneva. We saw the big 7-10 million (USD) houses and took a stupid amount of pictures.

The wedding is on Friday in Slovenia, family reunion in Tuscany, Italy on Thursday. Tomorrow we're starting out on a 7 hour drive from Geneva -> Slovenia. We'll be passing through France and probably spend a night in Paris. My uncles and cousins can all speak like 4-5 languages. Good trip so far.

How is everyone back home?

Top Bottom