• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Desh

Smash Ace
no ur not shut up
Yeah I know.

LOL D:

MM ? =D
Come to canada in the summer, i'll house joo and **** LOL =D .
Or someone will O_o

I want people to visit canada in the summer and go sight seeing like I was talking about, and then have some sexy tourny at the end x3

5ive

Smash Champion
hai, gta, I kinda have a weird situation.

Turns out my friend can get a venue for free (He knows him personally through his parents), and he wants to use it for a Brawl/Melee tournament or smash fest type of thing. The problem is, he is quite young (younger than me; he's 15 but looks younger), and has no idea how to run a tourny. He doesn't want this venue to go to waste, but wants to attract the smash scene. He obviously won't be able to do this alone - that's why he asked me to make a post like this. He would like someone to help run the tournament on his behalf. This would mean you would be responsible for payouts, brackets and the tourny thread.

Even though the venue is free, the owner wants to make some profit. The venue is obviously in the GTA and will probably be the week after his exams are done.

Here's his user if you want to contact him.
http://www.smashboards.com/member.php?u=140365 (Yeah, he's F1ZZ)

BTW, I know a lot of you play Melee, so I warn you that his priority is Brawl. And I know Stos personally if that helps <_<

Niko_K

Smash Master

Turns out my friend can get a venue for free (He knows him personally through his parents), and he wants to use it for a Brawl/Melee tournament or smash fest type of thing. The problem is, he is quite young (younger than me; he's 15 but looks younger), and has no idea how to run a tourny. He doesn't want this venue to go to waste, but wants to attract the smash scene. He obviously won't be able to do this alone - that's why he asked me to make a post like this. He would like someone to help run the tournament on his behalf. This would mean you would be responsible for payouts, brackets and the tourny thread.

Even though the venue is free, the owner wants to make some profit. The venue is obviously in the GTA and will probably be the week after his exams are done.

BTW, I know a lot of you play Melee, so I warn you that his priority is Brawl.
Add me onto msn and I'll set up a 2 day double event.

niko.k.1337@gmail.com

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Thanks Niko. If you can pull this off it would be awesome. The venue is still uncomfirmed and I highly doubt that a 2 day event is possible. I will be getting more info and pictures of the venue in the next couple of days. He says a total of 50 max can show. I will message you when I get more info.

5ive

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure he's over exaggerating about "highly doubting a 2 day event". Hopefully the venue is big enough.

Edit: He says the venue is decently sized. He will need maybe 2 to 3 obligated people to help him. He also says the venue is unconfirmed until he sees the venue owner again.

Niko_K

Smash Master
If I were to show the owner of the venue a consistent profit every event would I be able to use this venue multiple times?

idea

Smash Master
i'd definitely go. just as long as melee has enough space if we happen to bring way more setups again =D

if anyone does a brawl+ side tournament i'll enter that too.

5ive

Smash Champion
I'd only be playing Brawl+ anyways.
Apex kinda got me interested in Brawl again though :/

Hopefully he can get the 2day or we can only do Brawl V_V

idea

Smash Master
in brawl+ i play game and watch and spam dthrow and dtilt <_<

or...metaknight...and...metaknight at them. it's a verb now.

"I just metaknighted that guy. Now all his bones are broken."

peterx

Smash Apprentice
uh well, I'm just gonna do other things now lol, i mean i'll play if it just happens to come up and i'm around but i wont go out of my way to play.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
uh well, I'm just gonna do other things now lol, i mean i'll play if it just happens to come up and i'm around but i wont go out of my way to play.
yeah same, ive been talking to a few people about this. though. i plan to go to tourneys over the summer and stuff and i guess? that being said, im just limiting smash since i got a lot of other stuff to do.

ray, i'd be willing to help. also you should ask the church near your house if we can rent out the basement?

5ive

Smash Champion
ray, i'd be willing to help. also you should ask the church near your house if we can rent out the basement?
Epic win. And about the church, I never though of that. Next time you come over lets go and ask. I think we may need Ken or some one over 18 to officially sign the venue out though.

Darcia

Smash Rookie
yeah same, ive been talking to a few people about this. though. i plan to go to tourneys over the summer and stuff and i guess? that being said, im just limiting smash since i got a lot of other stuff to do.

yeah that would be totally awesome. I would go.

lol hey check out my sig (if it shows which I hope it does lol)

edit: it's the first sig I ever made and with paint lol...

idea

Smash Master
mmm...i will be very glad to be done with this essay...i don't care much about the topic so it's slow to write.

and once i'm done i will be basically done class for the week too, since i'm staying home to finish it tomorrow, and going to york later to hand it in, during my last class.
then on wednesday i'm not going to my tutorial because it's never helpful and the ta sometimes picks me to talk about things and i'd rather play smash. yes.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
man peterx you're so soft. You're still in highschool. Besides homework, and possibly a job, whats stopping you? If anything, Ryan, Mike, David, Ryan, Kyle, Josh and I have more of a reason to leave. :laugh:

Switchblade

Smash Journeyman
OHHHHH MAN who remembers this XD

http://www.head2headgames.com/news.asp

Head 2 Head Games said:
September 26, 2006 Super Smash Brothers Melee Tournament

* The results of the Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament that was held at Head 2 Head Games in London, on Saturday Sept 23rd 2006. Over all, there are 9 places, with many players. I would like to thank all of the players who came out for it, and don’t for get about November 18th! I hope to see all of you and more!

* Here is the order of standings.

1st: Joe Versical
2nd: Brendan Cassidy
3rd: Anthony Lai
4th: Dave Renne
5th: Art Banaszak, David Gagnier, Andy Chmilenko
6th: Ben Vidler
7th: Ambrose Kwan, Matt Pelletier, Greg Katsoras
8th: Steven Arnott, Adam Volasko, Jeff Erbrecht
9th: Matt Oyarce, Ryan Pumfrey, Adnan Ahmedzai, Graeme Rice-Pannell

* I hope to see all of you and more on November 18th! 12 noon! See you all then!
so anthony lost to some americans I assume, andy got 5th, ambrose got 7th, jeffman got 8th and me, adnan and grmo tied for last lol

edit - wait a tick, Volasko was at this tourny o_O? I dont recognize any of these other names <_<

idea

Smash Master
as much as possible throughout my life, i've made a point of not being busy, cause i don't like it. this has generally left me lots of free time. when i am busy, it ends up just being a nice change from all the free time. i think more people should try this general strategy.

Desh

Smash Ace
Yeah, I try to make very little plans, and if something comes up, I can do it =] .
But lately I've just been busy with things non-stop >_>
I really need a job T_T

5ive

Smash Champion

BTW, I know a lot of you play Melee, so I warn you that his priority is Brawl. And I know Stos personally if that helps <_<
About this tourney. F1ZZ contacted the owner and said he has to push back the tourny about 2 weeks (early July). Hopefully me and Stos can talk to the church beside my house so we can set up a tourny there late June.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
I got some more info of the tourney. The date will be on July 11th and it can only be a 1 day event. The owner said if this is successful and he makes profit he will try to allow us to host a 2 day event in the future. The tourney will be Brawl with some melee friendlies. Also a max of 40-50 people is confirmed and some food will be sold. So if Niko can set up a tourney thread that would be awesome. Also some of the spots are taken up already. Will get all those numbers confirmed (about 1-4).

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
get some help from Toronto brawl scene.
why are you letting Niko run this..
we should be providing for them.

also for melee, will it just be friendlies..i mean like it says "melee friendlies"

Top Bottom