• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

unknown522

Some guy
Bernard, if you see this, bring your USB to york. I need to borrow it please. My MP3 player broke, so I don't have anything to move stuff from one comp to the other.

idea

Smash Master
lol, you were mentioned like three pages ago, when i told someone 'darc' as a tag was taken.

now that you're here, though. how do i play jigglypuff?

Darcia

Smash Rookie
PS. Has anyone else been watching Tales of the Abyss? If so, can we mail the director a chup in the face? Because honestly, I don't think I've ever seen directing that bad. I'm pretty sure I could have done a better job.
Okay I have watched some of Tales of the Abyss. I actually own/finished the PS2 game.

Which I LOVED. Took me 65 hours. Still want to play it all over again.

The anime could be much better but they change so much cause it wasn't originally desgined to fit the anime structure, so give it a break.

Oh and yea I can't come, though I probably could, to york. Not so much as it being short notice as I have to start and finish a part of my art summative that is due on friday.

This is going to be fun.

But I am wondering, is anything happening this weekend for like practice and stuff?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
No, we all died. Sorry.

I guess you're just going to have to get perfect tech skill and play Fox if you want to be good now because you have nobody to play with.

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
i see philosophy as a way of approaching things, rather than a thing itself. rather than what i thought it was in high school, which was a bunch of people sitting around saying things like "What is the meaning of life?" and other bull****. can i say bull****?

wow, you're yelling that at 6 times normal volume

it'll be easy enough to tell who you are...almost no one uses bowser.

and ha, if you thought bowser-falcon was bad, try bowser-jigglypuff. until you master up-b out of shield at least. but once you do that i'll just start bairing you repeatedly, and that shuts down most characters.

:psycho:

oh, also, smash bros (unofficial club) at york university every wednesday around 6, if you're interested. actually, trevor, you should come to those too.

its a mission, 106 to downsview and ill be coming from kipling lmao, ill see if i can make it next week, ill be brining an emily with me (with or without gags.) and if you want to practice your shiek kyle then ill be praticing my fox :), yes, i am trying to play fox, wont this be interesting. (teach me how not to fire lasers :S)

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
No, we all died. Sorry.

I guess you're just going to have to get perfect tech skill and play Fox if you want to be good now because you have nobody to play with.
no no, that's no good. We don't need any more Grmos. Look what happened to me.

EDIT:

Okay I have watched some of Tales of the Abyss. I actually own/finished the PS2 game.

Which I LOVED. Took me 65 hours. Still want to play it all over again.

The anime could be much better but they change so much cause it wasn't originally desgined to fit the anime structure, so give it a break.
lol I wasn't talking about the story, I just meant the actual directing of it. Things like the very linear animation, lighting, camera angles, facial expressions, movements, dialogue, character positioning (they're always standing in a circle talking and they do it the same way every time), and so on. It's not a bad series by any means, it's just sort of boring. It's clear that they didn't think very carefully about the scenes.

Anyway, I'll stop, because I know how annoying it is to hear people bashing something that I like :laugh:

idea

Smash Master
its a mission, 106 to downsview and ill be coming from kipling lmao, ill see if i can make it next week, ill be brining an emily with me (with or without gags.) and if you want to practice your shiek kyle then ill be praticing my fox :), yes, i am trying to play fox, wont this be interesting. (teach me how not to fire lasers :S)
mmk. and...no, why would you want to learn that =P lasers are very good, that's why no one likes them. i mind falco lasers much more than fox ones, though. at least with fox i can move...

I don't even know how I play Jiggs. I just do stuff and people get hit
hahaha me too =D such a fun character. i'd learn falcon too if he wasn't terrible.

any weird little tricks, then? stuff that makes people say "wtf was that"?

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
hahah, oh yeah

i used to watch that sometimes although i was aware i found no part of it funny.
I thought she was cynically funny. The super open-minded teacher who believed in voodoo and aromatherapy and ancestral healing techniques with no spine was also amusing to me.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
well that wasn't random...

edit: Have you guys ever thought about holding/hosting/planning a Toronto Venue?
Believe me we've tried. KK's house was the place to be a year to a year and half ago. Venue's are generally too expensive for frequent stuff, because we probably couldn't get good attendance week after week after week. But the way things are going now, with one tournament every 3 weeks or so, I wouldn't be surprised if we stepped it up in terms of how many FESTS we had in between. If we had smashfests in between to practice, it would start looking good for people who are trying to improve. There would be alot more opportunities to come out to stuff and play.

On tournament downtime its more about smashfests and going to people's houses on thursdays->sundays.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
my falcon your jiggs $50 (CA or US) DL64 only

get raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaped
go for it kyle and if u beat his falcon u can face mine right after :D

Believe me we've tried. KK's house was the place to be a year to a year and half ago. Venue's are generally too expensive for frequent stuff, because we probably couldn't get good attendance week after week after week. But the way things are going now, with one tournament every 3 weeks or so, I wouldn't be surprised if we stepped it up in terms of how many FESTS we had in between. If we had smashfests in between to practice, it would start looking good for people who are trying to improve. There would be alot more opportunities to come out to stuff and play.

On tournament downtime its more about smashfests and going to people's houses on thursdays->sundays.

edit: speaking of which i think my parents have stop being paranoid by us getting robbed so i think i can convice them to let me hold the tournies i was planing on doing before

Darcia

Smash Rookie

Well if we ended up doing that I would be more then willing to help with organization, because after like april 18 I am going to have a major club lifted off my shoulders and no where to really focus my skills.

lol even right now I'd be willing to do it. I am totally in the mood (though I don't have to be to do it).

edit: seriously, are we going to do anything this weekend?

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Well if we ended up doing that I would be more then willing to help with organization, because after like april 18 I am going to have a major club lifted off my shoulders and no where to really focus my skills.

lol even right now I'd be willing to do it. I am totally in the mood (though I don't have to be to do it).

edit: seriously, are we going to do anything this weekend?
Things is we do it already. Literally every weekend at least one person in the community is smashing. I usually am on Saturdays-Sundays.

This weekend could be a go, but we'd need a place to go to first. Anyone with a house on here?

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
go for it kyle and if u beat his falcon u can face mine right after :D

edit: speaking of which i think my parents have stop being paranoid by us getting robbed so i think i can convice them to let me hold the tournies i was planing on doing before
i want a match i remember and where im playing right n real $50 to u too :laugh:

edit: no joke to all u next time in canada im comin wit tha cash n the intent to mm

idea

Smash Master
my falcon your jiggs $50 (CA or US) DL64 only

get raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaped
$5 maybe =P unless you intend to get extremely high first

well that wasn't random...

edit: Have you guys ever thought about holding/hosting/planning a Toronto Venue?
i've ALWAYS planning a toronto venue. total!

(and like they said, we do have smashfests all the time...people don't post about them enough, though)

daria - soon there'll hopefully be these, and for sure be grmo's biweeklies. so that'll be even more smash on a regular basis.

Darcia

Smash Rookie
Great to hear about this.

You Uni-kids have weird schedules and so much more free time (though a higher work load which in turn takes up that time), so knowing when these things are and how often would be awesome.

I would offer my house but I am too new to this, only like a week, I don't know you guys well enough and my parents are still a bit iffy on this whole thing I am doing, more about the large tournies with lots of far travelling and stuff that I want to go to, but yeah. All in due time.

edit: have you ever thought of making like a calender thread... thingy for our reigon?

idea

Smash Master
Great to hear about this.

You Uni-kids have weird schedules and so much more free time (though a higher work load which in turn takes up that time), so knowing when these things are and how often would be awesome.

I would offer my house but I am too new to this, only like a week, I don't know you guys well enough and my parents are still a bit iffy on this whole thing I am doing, more about the large tournies with lots of far travelling and stuff that I want to go to, but yeah. All in due time.

edit: have you ever thought of making like a calender thread... thingy for our reigon?
no, that's the hard sciences. i study for ~a week per year (exams basically) and have 2 or 3 assignments per class.

grmo tried that (calendar) and no one updated it =( he could revive it, though. right grmo?

and yeah, everyone's parents are like that at first.

Lanowen

BRoomer
BRoomer
You mean like dis one?

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=215769

We could make another one that has smashfests, but that is only if people are willing to update it. I gave the account information to some TO's, but they haven't even been updating it with their own tournaments...

I am not committed to finding out when all the smashfest is Canada or even Ontario are going down and updating them.

idea

Smash Master
i'm free this weekend, except for saturday night, when i have to watch movies for one of my classes =P these particular ones were not available as torrents.

idea

Smash Master
alright, but someone else compiled torrents for as many movies as they could find, and they couldn't find these ones...anyway...

"West is West (1987)
East is East (1999)"

actually just the first one, they found some torrents for east is east already.

Top Bottom