• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
most pools had 5 people, i think some had 6. top 2 advance. they changed it around a bit so i'm not sure how many, but...lots of pools. 30+.

Sanu

Smash Champion
^ Sounds about right. I choked against Big_D in brackets... and the worst part was that he agreed with me when I said that I felt like I should have won that set. Such a shame, **** SDs lolol.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Everyone had their ups and downs at this tourny.

Unknown ***** the balls off of Wife in friendlies, but somehow lost to him in brackets. Death turnip shield stab ftl.

David ***** the balls off of Teczero, but got beat by Zhu's Fox? huh? lol David was super failing. I know you can be gay and stuffz.

My bleeding thumb didn't help matters. I cut it open morning of the tournament with a huge butcher knife, and couldn't waveshine until maybe 5pm that day lololol. My controller was getting owned by blood and I don't even know why I entered tbh.

no johns though.

Jman is mad good. Zhu is mad good. G$/Hazz/Reno/Vanz were all good too. Tristate as a whole has very good players.

I 3-0ed shiz in a fox ditto set though. 2-0ed Colbol in winners bracket. Thats about it for accomplishments.

BUT KAGE RAAAAAPED. We all need to step **** up. Imadh stop losing to people I know you can beat, same goes to Ryan/Mike/David. You guys could have won against the people I heard you lost to.

hmm

Mango ***** my *** with his Falco. He's the best in the world right now. He won pound 3, we johned, he won revival of smash...

so we can't run around underrating him anymore.

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yeah, lets =P

And yeah, no johns about people we lost to blah blah blah. We just have to do better next time, lol. Sucks about your super cut though Bernanda.

So in other news, EVERYONE WHO STILL HAS US DOLLARS <<< RETURN THAT **** ASAP (http://www.ctv.ca/servlet/ArticleNe...dollar_markets_090310/20090310?hub=TopStories). As soon as we ****ing got back from the trip, the Canadian dollar shot up. We just lost money boys and girls! 0.70 has become 0.78, so return yo cash before it goes up any higher. It's even worse that we could have paid even less for gas had this happened earlier, but those are the breaks XDD!

JPOP

Smash Rookie
Bah i feel like playing again today and yes North Coast will become #1 in the near future lol. Aayone free today or tomorrow?

Sanu

Smash Champion
Yo Josh do you have my controller by any chance? I can't find mine =(
Yup! Found it in my trunk. I kept wanting to post about it but kept forgetting when I logged onto the forums :laugh:. I'll drop it off tomorrow.

Bah i feel like playing again today and yes North Coast will become #1 in the near future lol. Aayone free today or tomorrow?
I want to play today but I have an essay to do... :( Lame!

JPOP

Smash Rookie
Awww **** lol. I need mad practice to get some new stuff in me. By the way whos in young titans??

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Awww **** lol. I need mad practice to get some new stuff in me. By the way whos in young titans??
its actually teen titans //we just made up young titans saturday i mean like we are 16 year olds LOL. and plus we were

bored LOL

me peterx just a frog basically whoever is like not yet 18 i donnno

Sanu

Smash Champion
Young Titans? Lolol!! Not me, but basically everyone in the GTA.

Stos: Saturday? That crew was made ages ago o_o

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Are u free sometime this week?? i wanna play a Link lol.
i might be free thursday

tomorrow i cant since i have too study for my test thats going to be thursday or friday

but yeah friday i should be free for sure.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Are u free sometime this week?? i wanna play a Link lol.
I think you're insane. Link is just so........ RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR :evil:

Anyway yeah, Thursday is good. Who's house?

EDIT: I just thought of this fun game. Write something in to a translator, then translate it in to French, then back in to English and laugh at the amazing. For example:

Thus j' heard of this giant peacock which rested in l' ocean observing lay down it sun, when suddenly a whale went up of lower part and LOL known as I AM CHI11IND00D that I DEFY YOU PARCE QU' I' ; TO ASTOUND AND ME of MR. EAT of MUCH PIZZA PIE LOLOLOLOLOL and then it obtained hooted.

idea

Smash Master
Yo Josh do you have my controller by any chance? I can't find mine =(
i believe you have a melee disc i need back. from last time i was there 2 weeks ago. more on that in the york thread.

come to york on wednesday at 6:30 =)

im down for smash this thursday.
or wednesday.

idea

Smash Master
Kyle, is it 6:30? Bernard told me it was usually earlier.
i find that nothing has really gotten started till about 6:30. but there's no official start time, it's just us showing up and filling empty classrooms with melee, so if a bunch of people + a cube show up at 5:30 that's fine too.

6:30 is what i say to be safe, though. and you won't see me till around then anyway cause i have a class that ends kind of late.

wait whats happening?
smash at york every wednesday around 6:00. has been going on for a while now actually.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=193843

Sanu

Smash Champion
Kyle, could you give me your cellphone? Or if you don't have one, someone's cell phone? I know how to get to the campus but I don't know where to go/where to park :(

Edit: ****, Stos took the first post on page 1000. Oh well XD

Edit Edit: I'll be bringing the new version of Brawl+. It's actually good this time :p

idea

Smash Master
josh:

okay, cool.

there are some parking lots which i really know nothing about. and since i don't really have a cellphone i don't have anyone's numbers =P ask bernard or julian, one of them has probably driven there at some point.

http://www.yorku.ca/yorkweb/maps/keele-webmap.html

^ founder's college is #50 on here. if you get to the york food court (24, that whole area on the map), then go north (which is that turquoise path between 24 and 23) and walk north, past the field, until the next building on your right, that'll be founder's. go in through that door and you'll hear the music.

clearer directions if you can get someone's # who goes there. there are also signs and maps everywhere...it's easier to navigate around york once you're actually there.

parking locations should be on the map too. i hear it's expensive =P

Desh

Smash Ace
top ones better,
the text on the bottom one looks ,
idk, it just looks out of place,
the top one is nicely blended into the sig,
but its a LLIITTTLLLEE hard to read,
but it looks sick,
im pretty sure it says sanni boi, like, you can read it but yeah.

also, the borders are there, but they look like theyre thin,
2px?
it just doesnt show up very well on the dark gray, but you can see it ^_^

things you could try ;
new text(u always do, but lol yeah XD )
uhhh, new ways to blend the sig

ie;

all differently blended,
i really like the smudge tool though, x]
and clipping stuffs =D

ummm, wow i need to find more better examples for when i say things, i always use the same sigs lmao

also,
different borders, opposed to the 2px thing, wich i've been doing a lot lately too XP
sometimes if u do a different border, it makes the sig work a lot better,

on the sigs above, it think what i did
was, 3-4 different border layers
each one slightly bigger than the other, the smallest about 2px
and i filled one black, then the next white, then the next black, then white,
or any pattern of those 2 shades, and set them to overlay, i just like the look of it for some reason O_o

oohhh
and choose a better render XD
dynamic renders ftw !

really boring "face" renders sometimes look like you just put them there if you dont blend them really well, =/

like, the color of the sig, sets a like, intense mood, or action-ish tone or w.e with the fire and such, but ur focal point is just standing there =p

you have 2 places that flow comes from, and they intersect almost XD
on is completely horizantal, (the red bar esque thingie going across the sig)
and youre render, wich doesnt even really have flow, its kinda like
idk lol, it just messes it up =p

it kind like
when ur looking at a line

------/------
and theres that big chunk in the middle, it distracts the eyes from a set path
and can make the sig hard to look at,
choose a stronger focal point, blend it well, make sure the sig flows with what ever your render or focal point is,
and make sure the text isnt like

[sigTEXT-focalpoint-]

dam, 1000 pages
o_o

errr i might edit this later if i stop watching anime

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
Grmzo sits in a dark room once again, beginning to narrate himself, but decidedly will not delve into the same existential madness that he did before. He does, however, decided that he would change tenses randomly in the middle of a sentence. He worries that his senses are failing, having been sure that he saw and heard his cat in his room earlier, but upon further inspection, nothing was there. He begins to see things moving that aren't supposed to move. Noting that his fever is returning, he decides not to think too much of it. He writes that he will likely bus to Prepare Yourself!, intending to sleep soon. To conclude, he writes an odd concluding sentence, one that makes one wonder if they're reading what they think they are, but is ultimately more confusing for the writer.

yo stos

imma **** your girl

LOL

EDIT here is my new sig lol what do you guys think

credit goes to the afro for making it in the first place

and to paint for being the best badger alive

Sanu

Smash Champion
josh:

okay, cool.

there are some parking lots which i really know nothing about. and since i don't really have a cellphone i don't have anyone's numbers =P ask bernard or julian, one of them has probably driven there at some point.

http://www.yorku.ca/yorkweb/maps/keele-webmap.html

^ founder's college is #50 on here. if you get to the york food court (24, that whole area on the map), then go north (which is that turquoise path between 24 and 23) and walk north, past the field, until the next building on your right, that'll be founder's. go in through that door and you'll hear the music.

clearer directions if you can get someone's # who goes there. there are also signs and maps everywhere...it's easier to navigate around york once you're actually there.

parking locations should be on the map too. i hear it's expensive =P
Thanks Kyle, I appreciate the help.

Julian: Please bring my laptop power adapter. Also, where should I park?
Bernard: Where should I park?
Anyone: Please bring a Brawl disc for Brawl+ purposes, I misplaced mine. Thanks! =)

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
whos going to ffyf2?
I am.

yeah, i like all of those =)

how is everyone getting to Prepare Yourself? and back?
Getting a ride. : D

Thanks Kyle, I appreciate the help.

Julian: Please bring my laptop power adapter. Also, where should I park?
Bernard: Where should I park?
Anyone: Please bring a Brawl disc for Brawl+ purposes, I misplaced mine. Thanks! =)
hi josh.

Top Bottom