• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
yeah stos, if you can't get a drive up some days i'll just bus with you. and i'll get off at the right stop this time.

stupid sauga, with like three "meadowvale station"s. meadowvale is a really uncreative name, too. "Welcome to Hilltown!"

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
yeah actually, two setups can go on the top floor as well during the day, probably two in the basement and 2-4 on the main floor. However most days we won't be able to use the living room, unless there are a lot of people coming.

I'll have a thread up tomorrow or something. Any name suggestions? I suggest people come up with something better than "Hot Sweaty Orgies - GTA Hagweeklies". I'm serious.

OMFGGGGGGGGG are we starting weeklies/ biweeklies again???????? if we are ..can we start march break cuz i dont think the afro will be free by then.....and everyone loves the afro XD

and i also say we start up pr.....seeing how the ppl who made the pr go away left from melee and ethier went to brawl or just disappear, and seeing how close the community is i think we can handle a pr now

and if anything we could always just change it from the old ones is there were other problems wit it...i dunno just an idea of mine :D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yeah we should have gta pr.
but lets just keep like the trolls and drama away from that thread.

I.B

Smash Lord
As much as I'd love to have a pr as it promotes competitiveness (leading to faster improvement), it can cause a lot of conflicts and negative energy between players. But if you guys think our community is mature enough to go through with it, then sure.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
As someone who knows a lot about pr's (currently running one and was very involved in the old one) I know that they're a good thing.

But the good comes with the bad, there will inevitably be pr drama, regardless of the maturity of the people involved.

Competitive rankings create competitive drama absolutely.

The decision is whether or not the drama is worth it, usually it is.... but sometimes things can get ugly.

-My $0.02

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
As much as I'd love to have a pr as it promotes competitiveness (leading to faster improvement), it can cause a lot of conflicts and negative energy between players. But if you guys think our community is mature enough to go through with it, then sure.
i say we are super mature..................imadh u suck XD...

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
yeah I was thinking about this, hopefully the pr doesnt break relationships and create drama and other nonsense.

Landy what do you think about this?

Desh

Smash Ace
i say pr isnt necessary,
i think we all know who the best in the gta are, and to be quite honest, everyone else is close enough that it doesnt really matter >_>
theres enough friendly trash talk to keep the scene competitive lmao,
plus biweeklies can also help.

idk, i just dont think a pr is necessary

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
i say we are super mature..................imadh u suck XD...
ninja post ftw.

i say pr isnt necessary,
i think we all know who the best in the gta are, and to be quite honest, everyone else is close enough that it doesnt really matter >_>
theres enough friendly trash talk to keep the scene competitive lmao,
plus biweeklies can also help.

idk, i just dont think a pr is necessary
best in the gta are:

1. Desh
2. Petah Ecks He-man
3.Sangarshalallapillae
4.Michael Chen Anuraj Master Chief
5. Kyle's other characters
6. Bernard's other characters
7. Imadh Erix
8. David Yugi Moto King of Games
9. Mudkip
10. Ryan

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
My pr

raynex
unknown522
me
ib
mike
a bunch of people (afro, josh, sylar, kyle, stos)
adnan

and then i have no clue / don't care

not including marco because of nurgle and him being high at tournament johns or not wanting to try johns or something like that i guess

idea

Smash Master
since the top places are more solid now, pr competition would revolve around
"afro, josh, sylar, kyle, stos"

so are any of you guys gonna ***** about your placing? cause i wouldn't =P we're all really close and those would be switched around constantly. it would just make it easier for people outside the gta to see which names they should be paying attention to.

D

Deleted member

yeah, you guys seem close. i wouldn't tamper with that just for a little bit of unimportant recognition

edit - i know some of you will see this post as ironic because blah blah blah but whatever, here's a topical anecdote:

a couple months ago Noah, Tyler, Connel came to my dorm for a party my floor was hosting. The minute I see them they're all arguing over their musical talent. (they jam together) Connel was trying to say he was the better singer and acoustic guitar player, while noah and tyler insisted he wasn't. that night ended in bloodshed.. i broke them apart and noah socked me in the eyebrow :p

um, in other words, close friends can argue over really petty shiat.

I.B

Smash Lord
The biweeklies would be at Grmo's house mostly, occasionally at other people's places depending on who can host.

D

Deleted member

also, is anyone here genuinely intrigued about brawl+?? like, i actually think it looks incredibly fun. we need to get some of that goin.

idea

Smash Master
it's kind of fun. josh, you should bring it to more smashfests, and grmo's biweeklies once those start up.

jake, i just had a thought - tell me if you hear about any part-time copy editing type jobs. i don't have any formal experience but i'm really good at it and i'll eventually need more money. =)
(also, my school schedule gives me a lot of free time)

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
lol u live closer to sauga then brampton when ur in brampton O_o ,
mindgames
It's because I live on the edge of Sauga.
yeah stos, if you can't get a drive up some days i'll just bus with you. and i'll get off at the right stop this time.

stupid sauga, with like three "meadowvale station"s. meadowvale is a really uncreative name, too. "Welcome to Hilltown!"
LOL
Lawlb0t myself and Raidos will attend bi weeklies regularly if they were to be started :)
It's gonna be Melee only, is that ok? I can't host two games.
OMFGGGGGGGGG are we starting weeklies/ biweeklies again???????? if we are ..can we start march break cuz i dont think the afro will be free by then.....and everyone loves the afro XD

and i also say we start up pr.....seeing how the ppl who made the pr go away left from melee and ethier went to brawl or just disappear, and seeing how close the community is i think we can handle a pr now

and if anything we could always just change it from the old ones is there were other problems wit it...i dunno just an idea of mine :D
yeah we should have gta pr.
but lets just keep like the trolls and drama away from that thread.
As someone who knows a lot about pr's (currently running one and was very involved in the old one) I know that they're a good thing.

But the good comes with the bad, there will inevitably be pr drama, regardless of the maturity of the people involved.

Competitive rankings create competitive drama absolutely.

The decision is whether or not the drama is worth it, usually it is.... but sometimes things can get ugly.

-My $0.02
yeah, you guys seem close. i wouldn't tamper with that just for a little bit of unimportant recognition

edit - i know some of you will see this post as ironic because blah blah blah but whatever, here's a topical anecdote:

a couple months ago Noah, Tyler, Connel came to my dorm for a party my floor was hosting. The minute I see them they're all arguing over their musical talent. (they jam together) Connel was trying to say he was the better singer and acoustic guitar player, while noah and tyler insisted he wasn't. that night ended in bloodshed.. i broke them apart and noah socked me in the eyebrow :p

um, in other words, close friends can argue over really petty shiat.
To all these posts: a PR would only work if we all came up with a precise system, as in tournament placings, and we posted all the data that the rankings were based on. Basically, if we made it so everything was clear and no arguments could happen. However, I agree with Jake; it's unimportant and we already would know who's the best. Plus there would always be some annoyed feelings, which we can avoid and have everything work perfectly without it.

also Jake, holy crap...that really sucks. I hate it when stuff like that happens.

also, is anyone here genuinely intrigued about brawl+?? like, i actually think it looks incredibly fun. we need to get some of that goin.
lol, I haven't tried it. I heard it's pretty cool though.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
guys smash this weekend? i havent melee with you guys for a loong time, sorry about that haha. the only thing is most of the tops are going to be away since they're going to US tourney.

4Serial

Smash Lord
yeah so i got liek a week's worth of reading to do i can't do right now

TY SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE AWESOME SHIRT GUYS

still recovering and stuff, it's all going really good

idea

Smash Master
yeah so i got liek a week's worth of reading to do i can't do right now

TY SOOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE AWESOME SHIRT GUYS

still recovering and stuff, it's all going really good
i would have signed it but no one told me/i didn't see it when it was getting passed around =(

desh said you sounded really out of it on the phone =P

4Serial

Smash Lord
i would have signed it but no one told me/i didn't see it when it was getting passed around =(

desh said you sounded really out of it on the phone =P
it's alright =[ maybe you can sign it next time? lol

i thought you, stos, and peterx were gonna visit me in the hospital
what happened? =[

yeah my voice was really really weak when i got out of surgery and i guess it's better now

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
My struggle for a good ec teammate continues :(
Definitely not going because "The Revival of Smash" tourny in New york is that same weekend and I'm going to that instead.

M2k, Mango, PC Chris, KDJ, Azen, Chillen, Zhu, Bam, Kage, Me, Ryan, Mike, Sylar, Josh, David (get a ride with josh you skank)

its going to be SEEEEEXXXXX.

its basically a tourny with all the old players coming back PLUS West Coast is finally going to travel. So we can see Mango vs. KDJ, PC etc etc.

idea

Smash Master
it's alright =[ maybe you can sign it next time? lol

i thought you, stos, and peterx were gonna visit me in the hospital
what happened? =[

yeah my voice was really really weak when i got out of surgery and i guess it's better now
stos and peterx didn't come to the tourney at all cause stos' parents couldn't give them a drive. i wouldn't have come either if i hadn't bused up friday night. when did people come visit you? cause i didn't hear about that either =P i thought desh was gonna on sunday morning but he left saturday night...and sunday morning no one mentioned anything. so yeah, i dunno. not sure what happened with that. sorry...

Definitely not going because "The Revival of Smash" tourny in New york is that same weekend and I'm going to that instead.

M2k, Mango, PC Chris, KDJ, Azen, Chillen, Zhu, Bam, Kage, Me, Ryan, Mike, Sylar, Josh, David (get a ride with josh you skank)

its going to be SEEEEEXXXXX.

its basically a tourny with all the old players coming back PLUS West Coast is finally going to travel. So we can see Mango vs. KDJ, PC etc etc.
is this the same as alucard's thing?

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Ye grmo we know its Melee :p, thats why we want to come. If we wanted to play Brawl we wouldn't have showed up to your tourny, lol.

Top Bottom