• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

Desh

Smash Ace
the best stories are both sad and hilarious. that's pretty crazy. (why do people keep getting mugged/robbed lately?! there was niko, then you, then this guy...wait, where does he live?)
he lives in Maryland :laugh:
i think...
or maybe Connecticut.
idk, i met him when i was in ct, but im pretty sure he cam from maryland with boss O_o
gah w.e
hes american >_>

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Stos, I could mix the song down for you if you want.
yeah i need a good mic, the mic that i was using today was buzzing and all.

Also for grmo tourney

people in my car.

Kyle, Peterx and Charles.
try to sleep over friday for practise.
also try to bring a tv, setup or extension cord and so on.
i'll ask my dad about the ride back the next day ater the tourney.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
So I went to the A & C Games Street Fighter Tournament yesterday and lost. It was kind of fail though seeing as how they only had a single setup for each game they were hosting (3rd strike and 2 Turbo HD remix). The funny part of this too is that they had about 10 times more TVs for other random games like Mario Kart 64, Smash 64, Bomberman (SNES), Dr. Mario (NES), GGXXAC, Street Fighter Alpha 3, and some random Basketball game for SNES.

The A&C guys didn't really want many pros coming to their tournaments so as to allow all the casual players a decent chance to win but, someone ended up posting on Shoryuken and now everyone knows of their tournaments lol.

Also, they're planning on hosting a Smash bros. Tournament at their next event. Which Smash bros game they'll host (64, Melee, or Brawl) is still up in the air. I talked to the host a bit about this and I suggested Melee for a number of reasons. :D

FINALLY the sig pops up.

SmashCentralOfficial

thumbswayup said:
So guys, remember how my friend was robbed on Thursday? They took all the tvs, wii, ps3, all his games, his sis' macbook pro, pretty much anything electronic of value. My friend wasn't home at the time of this and after picking me up we went to his house for the first time since the robbery. He looked quickly through his room to make sure nothing else had been stolen before heading downstairs to survey how the rooms looked with all the stuff missing and maybe to see if anything of value was left behind. I waited for him upstairs and began talking with his sis when out of nowhere we hear him cackling like a pyscho from below. He walks slowly up the stairs all the while laughing maniacally and freaking us out. He says, "They took everything else, but guess what they left behind" and he slowly lifts up his copy of Brawl.

Needless to say, we both were on the floor. Tears were rolling down our cheeks. I don't think I've ever laughed so long in my entire life. He had at least two dozen ps2/ps3/wii games that were all taken, and Brawl was left behind. We opened it up and sure enough the disc was still inside. I mean, they took a 50 INCH WIDESCREEN TV out of the house in broad daylight, and yet they decided not to waste any energy hauling a Brawl disc out as well LOL

Brawl, not even good enough to steal.
=[

Maybe they didn't see it? Maybe they already had a copy? Sadface.

idea

Smash Master
so hai
i needz a team guy D:
since marco and stos ditched me >_>

edit: kyle WHO U WIT!?!?1 =[
that's funny. i already asked you in the other thread, but i guess you didn't see it.

peach + jiggs =D we can be called "Team Irritating" or something like that. "Team We're Gonna Counterpick Dreamland" (then mindgame them by picking mute city or battlefield...we'd be a very recovery-gimping team)

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles

Desh

Smash Ace
lol kyle, im down for teaming w/ u =D
although,
my doc is much better than my peach cuz i havent played her very much, but we can practice a bunch on friday night, and i'll try to get unrusty,

unless you would prefer teaming with my doc or fox? O_o orbowser

SmashCentralOfficial

although,
my doc is much better than my peach cuz i havent played her very much, but we can practice a bunch on friday night, and i'll try to get unrusty,

Lol SOMEONE didn't get a date for Semi! =P

idea

Smash Master
sure.
im having practise thursday and friday over at my house too.
although no one can sleep over thursday since i got school next day .
k, i probably won't do anything thursday, if i'm already gonna be practicing wednesday and friday.

we'll need more people though...you can only practice so much with two people. (that's what she said!)

although,

doesn't matter to me, pick whichever you're most comfortable with. how good is doc in teams? in theory, his bad recovery won't be a big deal cause i can come save you...but i doubt that'll work out that easily.

Desh

Smash Ace
doc isnt good or bad in teams really,
hes just likee
neutral >_> lol

i think i'd rather play peach in teams w/ u though ,
sounds super gay =D

idea

Smash Master
yeah, peach is probably much better in teams. downsmash.

and our characters would be good on all the same levels.

...and i've never done a turnip-rest before.

charmandurrr

Smash Rookie
Hey guys =D

Is there a lot of Smash Bros tourneys in the GTA?
Or any up-comming ones?

I've been playing for a long time but have never actually participated / knew where to look..

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Hey guys =D

Is there a lot of Smash Bros tourneys in the GTA?
Or any up-comming ones?

I've been playing for a long time but have never actually participated / knew where to look..
we dont have tourney often but this a tourney this saturday.

though to make up for the tourney we have lots of smashfests. we have one like every weekend.

charmandurrr

Smash Rookie
****ty on not lots of tourneys, cool about the smashfests. I'm guessing the smashfests are all online?

And what about one that's happening this saturday?

Wang.

Smash Apprentice
k, i probably won't do anything thursday, if i'm already gonna be practicing wednesday and friday.

we'll need more people though...you can only practice so much with two people. (that's what she said!).
I could play this week.. one of those days.. we'll see.

charmandurrr

Smash Rookie
Melee is cool =p

I suppose you guys wouldn't be up for letting some new guy join in on one of these sometimes, maybeh? <.< >.>

4Serial

Smash Lord
sure everyone will play melee with you =D
some people will play brawl with you too.

i ****ing died reading that thing chris.. LOL

ANYWAYS
SUPER SHOUTOUTS

Alright guys so I guess it's about time I made this post.. I'm getting surgery on Feb. 16th (Wednesday) so yeeaahhh.. it's coming up really soon and I just thought I'd say bye to everyone (for like a month lol). A bunch of stuff has been happening during the last few months before now. I'm really thankful to everyone- including you guys and girls, my family, and my friends- who helped make it more enjoyable for me.

if you didn't know, I have scoliosis. basically, your spine is like this ---> |
and mine is like this ---> S
LOL so yeah i'm getting surgery for it.

Thanks to all of the Brampton players that kept playing with me, let me hang out at their places til 11pm on a weekday cuz i was bored, and tagged along to GTA events. You guys are awesome and fun to hang out with. I love you guys. <3

Big thanks to the GTA players who inspired and motivated me to get better at this AMAZING game. Thanks so much for giving me advice all the time. I said it before in the Canadian appreciation thread, if it weren't for you guys I probably wouldn't even be playing Smash. My goal in Melee is to be able to match up to your level, and I'll keep practicing and coming until I get there!

I'm really bummed out I can't make it to grmo's tourney, but good luck to everyone that goes and I'm sure it'll be awesome. I'm gonna miss out on playing with Americans and everyone I want to play against. =[ Brampton better represent for me! Jay, I have faith in you. You'll do great. I promise. I hope to see everyone at the Brampton tournament.

But after grmo's tourney, I hear Brampton, some GTA guys, and my friends are coming to visit me in the hospital =D I don't know why but I thought I would just be in the hospital for 5 days alone. A bunch of my family is going to come visit me too. It made me sooo happy to know that people were actually going to come visit me. You guys have no idea how much I love you guys for doing this.

I'm only really going to be away for a week, and probably stuck at home for a month. I could probably have people over too. But I guess it's really important to me or something. I think I might be overdoing it so I guess it's shoutouts time! I'm sooo sorry if I forgot anyone. Please tell me if I did and I'll make one for you <3

BRAMPTON

Steven: First on my list of single shout outs. =D I haven't seen you in like a week or something. You're my rival in Smash and playing against you always gets me better, even though I might say otherwise LOL. Sorry you just play really gay >=[ Second best in Brampton though. Keep playing Melee please and I'll love you forever. I'll even play Brawl with you. Whenever you ask me to leave you house. Keep being awesome and black.

Chris: Ty so much for being our venue for my first year in competitive Smash. Without that, I would never be as good as I am now, and I'd probably never even meet up with the Brampton crew. You're getting so much better so quickly. Keep power training in the GTA and you'll be better than the rest of Brampton. BOB DOLLAR COMBOOZZ!!!

WiJay: You were my FIRST rival when I started. God**** Mushroom Kingdom II. Stop being so discouraged with your skill in Melee. I think you're the most quickest improving smash player in Brampton. I really do. I love you soo much for driving everyone all the way down to the hospital. I owe you big time. I'll pay for your entrance fee in grmo's tourney? =DD. Do me proud. I know you will. *****es don't know bout our edgecanceling hacktics. OMFG it's toonie tuesday tomorrow. reach? I'll pay for that too. I think practicing Melee alone is boring too, I really only get practice when I play against others, or I get ideas from NorCal vids or something hahah. Go get PacMan status, I know you can do it. Keep on playing with us, come with up to more GTA smashfests and I know it'll happen.

Bren: i would give you first or second shoutout, but you don't live in canadia anymore D: well, I dunno if you even knew I had to have surgery so soon, but yeahh.. you're awesome and made me really love playing Link as much as I do. Link vs Samus on DL64 is almost as fun as the ditto LOL. You gave me my name, my tag, and my heart. I love you Bren. Come back this summer expecting to see a new sexy Andy. I'm growing an afro for you baby. LOL no not really.

Zack: **** you son, i know you don't read the boards, and steve or chris will probably tell you about this. LOL jokes, I love you, come play with us more, and get the **** out of brampton to smash for once. go to your first tournament dammit and I know you'll do good. You deserve last shoutout, but you're lucky you're from the original brampton crew >=[

Warren: stick to one good character LOL. you're getting good fast, but you gotta take in our advice if you want to improve. it was fun playing against you. You made my love playing Captain Falcon. keep on playing and I know you'll become amazing. When I get a good new laptop, I promise I'll play GunZ with your pro ***. Do you even come to swf?

Xavier: I haven't seen you in forever D: I love you though. You also made me love Falcon. You play amazingly smart. You're awesome at getting grabs. Just play with us more and you'll be amazing. Do you even come to swf? LOL **** useless shoutouts.

Vik: come to more events plz so I can **** you more LOOLLL man I haven't played you in ages. we need more super smashfests in Brampton. keep on going to GTA stuff that the rest of brampton aren't ever invited to you jerk LOL

Abel: almost forgot about you lol. Stop making johns and get the hell over here to play so I can **** you. LOL. mann you have your own ride now and everything. no transportation johns. haven't played you in a whhile. visit swf?

Mike: WHHEEERREE DID YOU GOOO?! I think he died along with the thursday smashfests =[ i only played you once in a while and everytime i did, you would get better. how do you do it?! you go to notre dame right? say high to d-pryde for me and ask him to sign my scar. LOL

LL62: come to brampton smashfests and show us where you ayutt. I haven't seen you since summer LOL

Josh's group: Josh, yo ima raep yo **** next times i see you so be prepared. i don't play this game but i'll show you wut's wut. Vega, it's been a while since we played man, i'm sure your falco's gotten pretty **** and I wanna play you :p

i think i'm missing a bunch of brampton, but they're like inactive or something on the boards.

GTA
****, there's so many of you GTA players..

Berny: Amazing fox player and representing Canada. I'll be able to beat your Fox in a legit match one day! hahah. You're a fun guy to play with. Keep being awesome.

David: The most lovable guy in the GTA. Hands down. You always give me advice to improve and you're really fun to hang out with too. I need to play against you more.

Adnan: I haven't seen or played you in soooo long, but you deserve a shoutout for being one of the most friendly guys in the community. Always welcomed new players to the scene and helped them get better and involved. I need to play you. Maybe at the Brampton tournament?

Stos: CAN'T forget about my link brother, stos. Always inspired me to keep maining Link. I hope I can make my Link as fast and technical as your Link. You're amazing at pressuring people with Link. Keep on ****** with this low tier and repping the canadian link. arrows ftw. We need to get like a milli link matches recorded next time we play. ty for busing it to the hospital for me with everyone, ilu<3 LOL

Imadh: I haven't really played you lately =[ You're one of the players that really helped me at the start. Your Marth is incredible. My goal was actually to get to your level, but then I didn't play you as much anymore =[ I still need to get to your level. I want to train with you next time I see you. =D

Mike: You helped me a lot when I started too. You taught me a lot about Link and you made me love the Link ditto. I haven't played you recently either, so let's get some matches in next time. =D

Kyle: Your Jigglypuff is ridiculous. Resting me off of my own bomb? WHAT THE HELL?!

Dzenan and Coolhat: Keep playing please =D you're both awesome.

peterx: i don't really get to play against you too much, but your falco is super technical from what i can see lol keep working on it and get back at berny for what he did to you hahah.

grmo: you're awesome. i haven't seen you in forever. we need to play more. I'm sooooo sorry I can't make it to your tourny =[ come to the hospital with stos and we'll all play bomberman hahah

josh: you're awesome and we need to play more.

ryan: wheeerree yoouu ayyuuuutt LOL pichu team is so broken. train me more!

sylar: SATANIC GREMLIN SEX DI?! LOOLLLLLL. you're awesome and mad fun to play with. we need to play more

ETHAN TIER
ethan: you were a big help at steven's first tournament when i met you =] ty so much. you're really fun to play in brawl and kept me playing **** tier LOL. whenever i was bored you would play wifi with me and it was awesome. so awesome to know you're playing melee. keep on playing both games and ******. i haven't seen you in foreeveerrr. come to the brampton tournament =D

wow i'm tired. i'll finish this later. wow i typed a lot lol
<3 you all.

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Andy we all love you.
hopefully you get better fast and dont have to suffer as much pain after your surgery.

idea

Smash Master
Melee is cool =p

I suppose you guys wouldn't be up for letting some new guy join in on one of these sometimes, maybeh? <.< >.>
we'd never restrict people from coming to things. the worst that could happen is that something is too small for people to post about it here, or they do post about it here, and you don't catch it amidst the spam. post asking sometime if it's been too long between smashfests/now and the next one.

Kyle: Your Jigglypuff is ridiculous. Resting me off of my own bomb? WHAT THE HELL?!
haha, oh yeah, that's who i did that to...

good shoutouts =) tell me if you're having some sort of scoliosis-themed smashfest at some point =P

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
Melee is cool =p

yeah come out man haha
come play with us and such.
kyle (idea) is having something wednesday and im having something thursday and friday.
saturday is tourney.

idea

Smash Master
yeah come out man haha
come play with us and such.
kyle (idea) is having something wednesday and im having something thursday and friday.
saturday is tourney.
wait, i am? haha, i only said i wanted to practice. i guess i can ask though.

edit: k, people can come to my house on friday =P one or two people bring cubes + melee discs.

after 2:00 though. i like sleep. and you can't sleep over...people can stay till...i guess 11-12. mostly the reason for setting a time limit is that my parents have work the next day and are both pretty light sleepers.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
haha afro chris, here's what i think of your falco chaingrab on jigglypuff:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL_-n5ClUGU&feature=related

go to about 0:38.

first the dude jabed, if he had grabed he would have beaten the rest, and ask bernard we found a better use of this downthrow.......downthrow shine shine kills at 0% on yoshies story :D

yeah i need a good mic, the mic that i was using today was buzzing and all.

Also for grmo tourney

people in my car.

Kyle, Peterx and Charles.
try to sleep over friday for practise.
also try to bring a tv, setup or extension cord and so on.
i'll ask my dad about the ride back the next day ater the tourney.

kyle wat the hell i thot we were busing

Top Bottom