• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Greater Toronto Area Thread - The other other other other other other other other Pokemon Thread

idea

Smash Master
for rest vs. shine, i have no idea...david or mike or someone, they have more technical knowledge for things like that. falco dthrow to rest would be hilarious, i hope that works =D works with kirby at least.

if the lv.9 would bounce and then dair me, then i think jiggs will, at least with DI but maybe without, bounce too high to be grabbed again. the laser and tech chase might work, but i have a feeling the jiggs will have time to jump or crouch or something. again, i'm not sure. but imagining it, if a falco dthrew me, and i teched, and they tried to laser me and follow, i would feel pretty safe and not like i'm about to be comboed.

I.B

Smash Lord
I don't think it would even become a matter of Rest vs Shine cuz the Falco should have frame advantage after putting Jiggs in tech chase position.

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
Yes we do actually, This one: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=214002

Edit: Kyle, that's starting to look good that you'll be late because class is jewing me like a North American french teacher butchers the language.

I just have to hand in this one assignment and I'm out of here but, he's teaching the lesson and won't accept it until after he finishes his lecture.
regarding the tourney, anyone have any idea how long it takes to finish.. it is on a sunday afterall O_o, havnt done this kind of thing before, more in it to see how good people actually are.

pfft this sucks you ended up finding a host and i went to go see friday the 13th and coraline..seriously.. someone needs my cell number to tell me when this **** goes down lmao:ohwell:

idea

Smash Master
just check the boards more often =P for more reliable events, meaning more people and a definite host (which tend to go together), you'll know about it in time.

and...eh i guess i haven't been to that many real tournaments...and only one that had both melee and brawl. but i think 10 or 11 is a normal ending time. and that's for the end of melee singles...chances are you won't be in the grand finals at your first tournament =P so you could always leave earlier. it varies though.

how was coraline?

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
well it's kinda NOT homo when it's guys. Unless it's Dejana, then THAT'D be homo.

Just don't tell the virgin smashers. They'll probably **** IN THEIR PANTS

Eric I see you smiling on your computerrrrr LOLLLLL

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
well it's kinda NOT homo when it's guys. Unless it's Dejana, then THAT'D be homo.

Just don't tell the virgin smashers. They'll probably **** IN THEIR PANTS

Eric I see you smiling on your computerrrrr LOLLLLL
no homo son.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
rofl @ this conversation.

Also sorry to break it, but I have to complain for a moment about how failure the Brawl community is right now. If this lack of interest keeps up, I'm seriously not going to host for that game anymore, DEFINITELY not at the caketown venue (Wugwan is gonna be super crowded). The only way I might host for Brawl again is if it's a huge venue and over 2 days, but even then I'll probably just be too tempted to do Melee and 64 (you know, games that people are actually interested in).

Anyway yeah, I'm done with that. Anyone up for practice this last week before the tournament?

soap

Smash Hero
A blur attacks the opponent, wavedashing with much haste.
The blur is replaced now with a running fox, pure anger in its face.
Jumping is not helping, the roll he does ignore,
I turn and see, the fox is coming. o no, surely...not more?
I follow him, attacking back, his moves i hurridely sift,
alas i know, my fate draws near...that fox...he is too swift.

-by me from 2005 lulz grade 9 stylessss. This was my sig when I first joined haha. I found the word doc on my computer a few days ago.
swift should totally steal this

lol have u been fox since the beginning? Respect.... Unlike these other nubs that just jump ship on their characters cuz they think fox is the jesus of smash.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
everyone whos part of the TT crew add my email i;m starting on the trailer and i need ur clips and how u want ur intro 2 look like, oh and the song you wana use for the solo combo videos

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
swift should totally steal this

lol have u been fox since the beginning? Respect.... Unlike these other nubs that just jump ship on their characters cuz they think fox is the jesus of smash.
raynex posting: dude I've been using Fox since ssb64. lol i was horrible with him. When melee came out I played fox too, completely unaware of how broken he is.

Just A Frog

Smash Cadet
just check the boards more often =P for more reliable events, meaning more people and a definite host (which tend to go together), you'll know about it in time.

and...eh i guess i haven't been to that many real tournaments...and only one that had both melee and brawl. but i think 10 or 11 is a normal ending time. and that's for the end of melee singles...chances are you won't be in the grand finals at your first tournament =P so you could always leave earlier. it varies though.

how was coraline?
coraline was amazing, im a fan of the nightmare before Christmas and this had alot of the same atmosphere, make sure you go see it at a late showtime.. then ther wont be too many kiddies :p, that was the only big problem tho was me and 5 of my buds were the biggest people in the show room lmao. Friday The 13th was so so..not a huge fan of slashers.. or horrors in general..

LOL i defiantly dont expect to make it to finals ^.^ but ill probably need to mooch off someone for a ride back (maybe one there too lmao) but yea, if i can beat least one person there, ill be satisfied XD:bee:

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
it would be better with no items, and it would take a **** of time

anyways ppl check out this videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSPsAqqJ21Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbXak7mhyPo

these r wat i mean by intro's, right now i'm downloading these packages tell me which ones u want before their all taken...i will be looking for more packages but for now assume that this is all we have....

idea

Smash Master
everyone whos part of the TT crew add my email i;m starting on the trailer and i need ur clips and how u want ur intro 2 look like, oh and the song you wana use for the solo combo videos
sounds cool =) i need way more clips though, i'll have to get back to you soon. all i can think of right now is me vs. peterx on yoshi's story where i get 3 rests within like 20 seconds =P but yeah, i need more recorded matches, and it would help if we could mine josh's archives from that one day david's too.

oh, and i have no idea how to make my intro. i guess just adorable and cute like jigglypuff. yeah...adorable and cute for 20-30 seconds, then just a bunch of images of things exploding and the atomic bomb going off and stuff =D then fade into jigglypuff's face again. yeah, that would look cool.

[edit] two ideas so far for songs: aerodynamic - daft punk (the name goes well with jiggs), and death of a martian - rhcp (i just like this one a lot). one is 2 minutes longer than the other so length will help decide too.

coraline was amazing, im a fan of the nightmare before Christmas and this had alot of the same atmosphere, make sure you go see it at a late showtime.. then ther wont be too many kiddies :p, that was the only big problem tho was me and 5 of my buds were the biggest people in the show room lmao. Friday The 13th was so so..not a huge fan of slashers.. or horrors in general..

LOL i defiantly dont expect to make it to finals ^.^ but ill probably need to mooch off someone for a ride back (maybe one there too lmao) but yea, if i can beat least one person there, ill be satisfied XD:bee:
- i'll just download ccoraline in a year or so, when the torrents aren't being watched as much. or maybe someone i know will get the dvd.
- heh, that's exactly what i thought at my first tournament. and i DID beat one person...but it was their first tournament too. (i think this was one of the twins, for anyone else reading this)

and coolhat 4-stocked me with falcon.

Grmo

Smash Champion
Plymouth Rock, eating Thanksgiving dinner
I have infinite free time to practice probably
excellent.
aaaaaaa, thanks, but leave me out of this for now. I have no clips.

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace
everyone should have clips after the tourny

mike heres the sig u wanted

This are wat i mean by intro's.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwUflYfCDq4 **this one is super pro and i prob wont beable to learn it in time/ no where 2 learn it*

these r wat i mean by intro's, just bassically replace the text they use with ur name and thats ur intro....

they are only gona be like 3-5 secs long
and the clip in the trailer is only gona be a clip of 1 combo that u did max 10 secs....*i dont think this will have to apply seeing how most combos r only 3-7 secs long*

right now i'm downloading these packages tell me which opening do u want before some one else takes it...i will be looking for more packages but for now assume that this is all we have....i will also be learning more stuff cuz i've never used this program before so yea....... the only package i have right now is the twitch if u guys wana find me the torrents for the other packages that would be alot of help

if someone can find me the torrents for the following packages

http://www.videocopilot.net/products/

then u would be my hero :D

Stos

Loves Pink Poodles
everyone should have clips after the tourny

mike heres the sig u wanted

This are wat i mean by intro's.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QwUflYfCDq4 **this one is super pro and i prob wont beable to learn it in time/ no where 2 learn it*

these r wat i mean by intro's, just bassically replace the text they use with ur name and thats ur intro....

they are only gona be like 3-5 secs long
and the clip in the trailer is only gona be a clip of 1 combo that u did max 10 secs....*i dont think this will have to apply seeing how most combos r only 3-7 secs long*

right now i'm downloading these packages tell me which opening do u want before some one else takes it...i will be looking for more packages but for now assume that this is all we have....i will also be learning more stuff cuz i've never used this program before so yea....... the only package i have right now is the twitch if u guys wana find me the torrents for the other packages that would be alot of help

if someone can find me the torrents for the following packages

http://www.videocopilot.net/products/

then u would be my hero :D
i like the paint effects or the one in thw twicth video the one with the little things around it (orange colour background and stuff)

Afro_Chris

Smash Ace

idea

Smash Master
haha, imadh's intro is cool

are we gonna start getting new signatures now or something? are they gonna be non-TT ones like mike's piloswine one (or was that a special request)?

SmashCentralOfficial

Voice of SmashCentralOfficial
OHAI DAVID.
I used big red font noob, so you should be happy.

So iherd ure brnging 2 tvz two Grmons turny ja?

Can you bring 2 to mine? =P Also, give 5ive a ride so he can bring 2 as well? =D

4Serial

Smash Lord
oh it was a special request,

ohh i found a more epic song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZEsnX4utdyQ

if we dont use this i'm using it for my combo video :D
omg i heard that song watching the 9 trailer
i wanna watch that movie.. it looks so epic.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8B8CqoVntU&feature=related

i wanted to watch coraline... square one didn't have it =[
so i watched the uninvited
which wasn't completely terrible, i guess. there's other movies i would have rather watched though (like coraline). it's somewhat mindgamey

idea

Smash Master
oh, stos, i just remember a match we had yesterday

your fox vs. my jiggs

match starts
to backthrow or something that gets you off the left edge on FD
to 4 or 5 dsmashes
to quit out

=D

Top Bottom