• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

john!

Smash Hero
Absolutely you should make the switch imo. Tanks are the lowest skill, lowest impact champions you can play and their usefulness is completely dependent on someone else carrying. A tank is like something you should play top if you don't play top at all and are forced to in ranked.
tanks can dictate when fights happen. if u play someone like amumu and your team knows to go in when you do, carrying is ezpz

i have zero respect for people who make bronze smurfs considering that you have to ruin the experience for your teammates for a number of games in order to get there
he straight-up threw his promo matches. i knew most smashboards moderators were f*ggots but aerodrome takes it to a new level.

john!

Smash Hero
brackhar said that the interest in them died down dramatically after the first few days (in showdown's case it went to 10% of its original popularity after 2 weeks) so the queue times would get ridiculous, especially for such a short game.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Yeah basically what John said. If you're interested in the statistical graphs, you can check them out here.

Edit: Thinking about this, I remembered that we used to have a game mode that was like king of the hill where you capture points and sit on them. I can't remember what it was called since I haven't seen it since I transferred to OCE.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
They at least should have kept One For All on the Oce server (not sure if it's been removed on others). You could do such troll things in that mode.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I didn't like it much on HA as I did on SR, but there could be some alterations to the mix. (level 3/etc starts on SR, faster objective spawns).

There's something beyond glorious about a map-wide 5v5 fight in a ditto lee sin one for all.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I started playing Leona properly in ranked there yesterday.

Played her twice before and lost horribly. (This was at the start of the season)

Haven't lost a single game yet since picking her back up.

She is just the best. (At getting all the kills)

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
They picked support Amumu recently too.

Regarding Trundle, I think BotRK synergizes really well with his Q and W, since Q gives 40 extra AD and W increases his attack speed (and self-healing) so you can proc the unique passive from BotRK as much as you can.

BotRK also benefits from the armor shred from Subjugate and the active heal is boosted by W to obscene amounts and also helps you stick to a target (or peel if you have a massively fed carry).

Personally I think Hydra would be fine as a second offensive item but you'd have to ditch Triforce for it (unless you are a man and want to build 3 offensive items).

Edit: Warrick is definitely situational but his W gives like 8000 gold worth of stats to your team which makes him amazing on teams that can siege. Pick him when you have Champions like Caitlyn, Soraka, Nidalee, Jayce etc.

He's also a hilarious duelist.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I actually did warwick top for a bit. He's such a depressing character, this was before the new masteries and such so no mundo or shyvana top yet.
Only difference from builds was I went bork over wit's end.

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Friend of mine mains ap jungle WW, was dia 1 for longest time lol.

I feel like this game is kinda dying.

Also when can I buy a name change? I need something to spend ip on

Tower change is dumb.

I dont even wanna play this game until top lane isnt so stale and ********.

Shook is fun to watch.

idk who ghostcrawler is but most people are kinda salty about it.

Sorry for random thoughts but I haven't been here in awhile and wanted to share my opinion even though no one gives a **** what I think :i6rkW:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
@League dying.
Well, I haven't been to into it since late season 2, but I used to still be excited about watching competitive league / seeing the strategies / seeing skillful play of hard to master champions. They keep homogenising champions and their play patterns (remember when characters actually had DIFFERENT BUILDS?) and the same problems don't go away, they just get transferred to the next character. Meh.

Basically...

Power creep of new champions > new champions being better and needing to be nerfed continually (and due to stronger design, as long as they aren't touched while other champions are being nerfed, then eventually be a problem again) > reworks of old champions to "compete" > reworked champions being nerfed due to having similar power but lower skill caps > rinse repeat

Last edited:

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Malphite support in OGN...

Granted its strong at 6, but its really bad pre-6. But malphite support won over Sona support... Rito pls

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
According to the internet ghostcrawler is that guy that ruined wow by nerfing things he didn't like and buffing things he likes.

Also ggriot@Shyvana getting Olaf'd. Maybe not as hard as Olaf himself, but you'd think they'd learn not to nerf both a character and his core build at the same time.

Top Bottom