• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
It's ok guize, I got placed into Gold 5.

Went 5-5 and encountered an unfortunately boosted ezreal in the last game. He'd walk into 5 people or e into vi and vi would just ult and kill him.

I felt bad because I was feeding really badly, and ezreal kept taking kills from me (aka the only other competent damage dealer on our team)

w/e hopefully he gets placed in bronze and has to pay another 600 dollars to get back to diamond.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Currently 6-2 in placements, not sure what rito's horrible system will throw me into whenever I finish but worst fear being in mid silver again or high gold since I only bothered getting to Plat 4.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
i went 10-0 in placements

on my friends bronze account

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
gots so much ****in climbing to do
It's ok, you can't be clamped anymore so it'll be easier to get back to Diamond.
Currently 6-2 in placements, not sure what rito's horrible system will throw me into whenever I finish but worst fear being in mid silver again or high gold since I only bothered getting to Plat 4.
Apparently the reset was less harsh than last season, so probably high gold? Plat 5 if you're lucky.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Don't even say that. The croc's been begging for a nerf for ages.
You'll get what you deserve. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
>K-pop ahri
NERF

>haunted zyra
NERF

>Dragonblade Riven
NERF

It's a trend, hot. They make skins for champions after nerfing them. Sometimes before.
Which is why they're releasing scorched renekton now since nerf coming soon lol.

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
Its more they make skins for champs that are FOTM because they know people buy skins for champs they play, then those champs get nerfed because FOTM champs are almost always really strong. And sometimes they dont finish working on skins before the nerfs, so they end up being released after a nerf.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I think those Renekton nerfs won't go through because they're absurd.

They said: "Let's nerf his early game and buff his late game!" and then proceeded to destroy his early game and also his late game so there's likely a mistake somewhere.

That said, they're finally going to nerf Kayle's Q so that she can't just 50-70% a squishies HP just by using it. But then they BUFFED her R like it needed buffs wtf riot no that **** is already ALWAYS up make it cost 700 mana not 0.

Edit: I feel Renekton could use some power retooled but not straight out nerfs. His counterplay is either:

A) pick shyvana
B) pick any other champion (that isn't garen) and survive for 20 mins and be all "hah, i outscaled you"

I just don't see any justification for the nerfs. Obvs some early game power should be tuned since losing 60% of your health from an empowered W > Q combo at level 2 isn't fun, but they're straight out neutering him.

Last edited:

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Buffing Kayle ult but stating that Poppy's ult is toxic.
I wish I could understand them, but it's just a task in futility. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Nerf to damage too. Also let's be fair. Kayle's ult costs almost no mana anyways, her Q is what swallows her mana pool. Which they're nerfing kinda hard since she got play again.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Meh, doesn't phase me that much as I don't play Q based/build path Kayle. But gutting her Q is pretty facetious considering Riot's reworks of her placed so much significance into it's scaling per level/items in comparison to E (which is just items).

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I really thought kayle was unstoppable in mid until Anivia came along. Those buffs she got are pretty well. Kayle can't function very easily if she needs to go balls deep just to trade :(

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Her missile speed and mana costs needed a change fer awhile now. The Anivia texture update just made her LCS tier now, NOBODY KNOWS YET SO DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
You can stun people with kayle ult. Poppy is immune to cc unless from who she ulted
You'd be hard pressed to ult someone as Poppy who doesn't have some form of CC.
Plus, Kayle ult's CD is ridiculous in comparison. :applejack:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Well to be fair it only lasts 3 seconds and is at the 30 seconds only when they have 40 cdr, Nashor's puts em around 40 something seconds I think.

Nor does her ult give her 40% increased damage, dey removed that from her Q when she use to be cancer in early S3.
Now that Overpow brought back kayle in S4, she's getting Q nerfs again but W and R buffs to compensate.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Other than Lulu losing the AP buff to her polymorph was there any nerfs to the champs that got a new winter skin this year?

john!

Smash Hero
kayle's Q is one of the last remaining 1.0 AP ratios from back when lots of champions had them and then riot realized that it was way too high... nerf was kind of inevitable

also did they really take away clamping?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Hey guys just wondering if any of you still go 9/21 on bruisers and tanks. 9 points in offence doesn't seem worth anymore now that you don't get 8% penetration, which was the main reason why people put 9 in offence. I'm just going 0/30 now, but I'm wondering if people are doing stuff like 17/13 or whatever, because executioner and dangerous game seem worth.

Player-3

Smash Hero
ya clamping gone outside of d1 now

9/21 stll good for the large amount of ap/ad you get, the extra 9 in defense tree doesnt REALLY net you as much (depending on the champ, 9/21 is better on some whereas 0/30 is better for stuff like mundo)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Is it really that much AD/AP though? It's 14 AD or 22 AP at level 18, which is less than 2 tier one items in most cases, and that's at level 18. At level 1 it's 4.5 AD or 6.89 AP. I guess it might be worth for champs who have good early AP and AD ratios.

On another note, I wanted to know what people think flat health quints. Wickd recommended them in his Rumble guide, and although he's not really known for his Rumble it still seems like a good idea. Sustain in lane is really strong, and I think it's particularly good on manaless champs when you're versing mana champs, so you can sustain through their harrass and all-in them where they're low on mana. I currently run movement speed quints on Rumble, which are good on him too and stay relevant all game, so I'm not sure which ones to use at the moment.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
full ap support nunu is a pain to deal with, i tell you what

Top Bottom