• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Sunnysunny

Blue-nubis
Premium
You play league?
Ha!
Very recently, yea. My friends have been wanting me to get into it so I finally caved in. I literally started playing 3 days ago, but I gotta admit it's really fun and a lot more indepth then I thought. So far i'm playing around with Nasus and Fizz. Like, wtf is up with all videogame incarnations of Anubis playing the same? Nasus is basically the come back king of LoL as Lucario is in brawl. Not that i'm complaining sense i'm familiar with that kinda patient early game playstyle, but just such a weird coincidence. ._.

But yeh, so far i'm having a lot of fun. Who do you play Slushy~?

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
If 1:1 AP ratios are against the rules, nivia is ****ed.
It's funny that AD casters have dominated for a year and a half or so but we'd much rather keep the AP's below the bell curve and continue to have stupidly designed ad casters/tanky deeps running rampant with toxicity. "Oh my Zed actually takes damage instead of free farming with perfect cs and it's getting in the way of me one shotting carries with the press of a button, needs a nerf, kayle is broken" :(

It takes way too long for the league community to adjust to "suddenly strong" (read: not really) champions unless they get nerfed first. Champs that have always been designed to **** up specific classes of characters have been underused / comparatively underpowered for very long periods of time and people forget that those same "now stupidly OP characters" actually have... COUNTERS.

Last edited:

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
If 1:1 AP ratios are against the rules, nivia is ****ed.
It's funny that AD casters have dominated for a year and a half or so but we'd much rather keep the AP's below the bell curve and continue to have stupidly designed ad casters/tanky deeps running rampant with toxicity. "Oh my Zed actually takes damage instead of free farming with perfect cs and it's getting in the way of me one shotting carries with the press of a button, needs a nerf, kayle is broken" :(

It takes way too long for the league community to adjust to "suddenly strong" (read: not really) champions unless they get nerfed first. Champs that have always been designed to **** up specific classes of characters have been underused / comparatively underpowered for very long periods of time and people forget that those same "now stupidly OP characters" actually have... COUNTERS.
Being AD is inherently better than being AP with the way the game is designed. Investing in AD not only powers up your spells, but also powers up your auto attacks. That not only makes your trades better, because a trade in lane normally consists of spells plus autos, so by investing in AD you hit two birds with one stone, but it also makes you do more damage on turrets and makes last hitting a lot easier. Your main source of damage is targeted, costs no resources, has no cooldown, procs additional effects for free and is also a free form of sustain/healing thanks to lifesteal. You also do more damage to neutral monsters. On top of all this, every champion in the game has innate AD and AS scaling, yet there is no AP scaling, and you start the game with 0 AP if you do not invest in AP either through runes/masteries or starting items.

Pretty much the only reason why it's worth running AP on a team is so that the enemy is forced to invest more gold and item slots into defences, due to having to itemise for both armour and magic resistance. If resistances didn't exist, and the only form of defence was health, there would be no reason to use APs. The one thing that APs are probably meant to have over ADs is waveclear, but a lot of AD spells are AOE, and even if an AD champ doesn't have AOE damage there are items that make your auto attacks do AOE damage anyway.

Pretty much any AP champ in the game would be better if their damage was AD instead.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
The plus with kayle ult is being able to ult others so I guess that can be considered cancerous.
Cause she is despite having a simple boring playstyle.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ulting other people while being support imo is not a bad thing, the duration maybe but not the spell itself.

Poppy though has 8 seconds at level 16 of immunity, that's a lot harder to deal with when that immunity is CC proof.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I enjoy Kayle for maximizing the usage of her ult (it isn't about ulting someone who is about to die, its about appropriately negating burst damage on the right targets), whilst having ADC mechanics and skill curve for positioning, kiting, etc.

Her laning is pretty generic, not Shyvana generic but eh, it's basically playing a ranged carry with low cost wave clear (who obviously has competitive damage to boot).

Niko45

Smash Master
Pretty indifferent to Renekton nerfs since 90% of renektons are either just bad or build him wrong so it's actually honestly what I hope to see against me top most of the time.

Can somebody throw me some tips on playing support Karma? Runes/Masteries + general gameplay stuff?

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I know, still funny how riot keeps changing turrets and it doesn't help much. I think C9 did the same thing uncontested but with like vi and annie/lucian.
Also, 8-2 in placements threw me in Plat 3. That's kewl.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Can somebody throw me some tips on playing support Karma? Runes/Masteries + general gameplay stuff?
21/0/9, ap runes and masteries

empower q and watch them cower at their turret

Also empowered W is really underrated, start a fight at low HP and use it on someone and you can bait people into ganks really easily or outright kill them because lolkarma
I know, still funny how riot keeps changing turrets and it doesn't help much. I think C9 did the same thing uncontested but with like vi and annie/lucian.
Also, 8-2 in placements threw me in Plat 3. That's kewl.
I'm hoping they remove the 20 damage reduction. It's stopping me from taking two turrets when i kill the enemy top laner as fiora in solo queue :<

Life

Smash Hero
What Riot could do about the 2v1 meta is to find a way (ideally multiple ways) to make champions that are strong 1v2 but balanced 1v1. Something like "takes 10 less damage from all sources for each nearby enemy champion" as a passive (obviously adjusting/scaling that number as balance requires) could help. (Actually, isn't that fairly similar to Sion's passive?)

That would probably take a while though.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Sion's passive randomly (40%) negates a large amount of auto attack damage (30/40/50).

I think you're right though, a damage reduction per champion is the way to go. Make it something absurd like 10 + 30 per extra nearby champion.

Life

Smash Hero
I don't play Wu so I wouldn't know... okay yeah sort of like that.

The problem would be making it not absurd in like a 5v5 baron teamfight. 50+ flat damage reduction plus 3-5 tank items? Have fun dying ever.

Could also be a toggleable ability on an energy-based champion which redirects some damage towards their energy bar?

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Maybe it's just me, but I think that Ancient Coin makes having a roaming support a viable option now. Playmaker supports like Thresh/Elise/Annie could roam to other lanes and not lose out on much gold. They'd still lose out gold wise when they make plays in the jungle, but if they get kills/assists it'd be worth.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
That used to work, roaming Alistar was a thing back in season 2(?) but then Riot nerfed it (and alistar) because they didn't like it.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Roaming meta died when mini golems became harder to kill/also didn't give level 2 anymore as well as the significant nerf to clairvoyance. The main premise behind the roaming meta was the phases that occurred, jungler continuing to farm and the roamer doing early ganks (a lot more junglers in circulation back then weren't known for their pre-6 eminence) or meeting up with the jungler after they've gotten level 2 from mini golems for a triple gank play. After these initials steps there would then be a congregation bot, followed by switch outs on a regular basis.

Alistar was the solo queue roaming meta king, but you'd see a lot of Jarvan, Cho'Gath, Sion and Taric. I believe it is around those times that everyone lost their 2 second stuns as well.

Plum

Has never eaten a plum.
Premium
RIP the days when Alistar was a tier 1 jungler, support, top metagolem, and AP mid all at the same time.
I miss him being insanely broken in 4/5 positions... it was fun times

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush

Player-3

Smash Hero
ap alistar is still pretty strong tbh with new dfg + lich bane his burst is still oneshot status, and his ult stil makes him incredibly hard to kill while he waits for CDs

Top Bottom