• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm pretty sure DFG is Rumble's highest damage item on a single target, mainly because he can realisitically get off 8+ damage applications in 3 seconds. A deleted a Lucian once in literally a second, I wasn't even sure if I hit him with my Es because he died so quickly.

Rylais is still a good item, but it might not be optimal in every game. It's a sub-optimal rush in the laning phase, where you don't need the passive and you could get better stats elsewhere (ie. Zhonyas or Abyssal after Liandry's). To me the question is how many people will Rylai's double the Liandry's proc on. In other words, how many people will I hit with Rumble's Q that I won't hit with any other CC, and does that damage outweigh the damage or tankyness from other potential items. I'm still new so I just build Rylais because it's meta and I don't want to get flamed.

Also is his scaling really that good. The scaling on the individual ticks of his damage spells are all -50%. It only becomes +50% if you can land numerous ticks. I thought that's why people built magic pen on him over straight AP.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Magic pen is great on almost every AP champion, especially early since that's when many champs have little or no magic resistance. Rumble scales well with AP if you hit all his stuff, problem is people aren't just going to let you melt their faces ;)

john!

Smash Hero
****ing LOL'd at johnny's furry rant. i remember way back when he had a rune page called "rumble is a chode licker" or something. seek help man.

anyway, i kinda agree about rylai's. FYI guys, any slows beyond the strongest slow have reduced effectiveness (60% or something)

since 2/3 of rumble's skills have slows, and teamfights are already starting by the time you get rylai's (where they will probably be slowed/stunned anyway most of the time) i can definitely see why rylai's is kinda meh on him

Last edited:

Niko45

Smash Master
Rumble has insane base damages so just getting spell pen is a very cheap way to do big damage early and mid game but you will definitely need significant AP to not fall off badly in the late game. The bottom line is that Rylai is an underwhelming item in general that clogs up builds and delays actually significant items like Zhonyas and void. Vlad even more so than rumble can not build that **** cause he doesn't even have great base damage to carry him early on. He's desperate for damage items immediately unlike rumble. If there is anything I'm certain about in this game it's that Rylai vlad sucks.

Admittedly when I play support rumble I go Rylai liandry.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ever since Ryze lost banshees veil having mana and got some larger AP ratios, I've seen all sorts of ryze builds.
Really? Guess I am out of the loop a bit.

I though at the very least Tear/RoA/Glacial Shroud were pretty much lock in as needed on him.

Niko45

Smash Master
Out of curiosity s2j, what's your rumble build look like early? Dorans shield start into seekers rush? Do you skip haunting guise completely?

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Out of curiosity s2j, what's your rumble build look like early? Dorans shield start into seekers rush? Do you skip haunting guise completely?

Dolan's Shield > Zhonya's rush > H. Guise > Scary Witch Hat > Void Staff > Liandry's > situational

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I got hufflepuff too.
I wonder if RD was removed, but I'll be damned if I even use that horrible emote.

Smashboards been falling to mediocrity since they first changed the site last year.

john!

Smash Hero
well, fluttershy won the official poll, so it's pretty much been proven at this point that she's the best.

i don't think they included background characters, though, so AJ might be more popular, who knows?

i'll stop derailing this thread now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Malzahar jungle is pretty fun. I don't even need a leash and can finish my blue buff losing only around 20% of my HP.. just a blue invade bait though you can jungle without blue just get some mana pots. Malzahar clears the jungle really fast and with proper use of E you don't run out of mana that fast

D

Deleted member

Elementary ass trolling from John lmfao

I build:

std:
Dorans --> Haunting Guise (cloth armor) --> Seekers --> large rod --> Hourglass --> Deathcap --> Void staff

I almost always get Haunting Guise

Order:
Dorans Shield + 1 red pot first 99.999% of the time
////
Vs tough ad lanes (Renekton), get red crystal + cloth armor first. You can't avoid the damage of gap closing/ strong ad bruisers so this is usually the best way to go. I find that even if you get a kill on Renekton, not going cloth before finishing haunting guise often screws you over

Unfortunately, some matchups you will lose no matter what like Riven unless they suck ****. Often, champs who can gap close and **** your **** up early will **** your **** up later.

The plusside is that most scrubs (99% of league players) will run away every time your Q is on instead of outtrading Rumble. If this happens (you aren't in D1), the lane is a free win.
///
Boots are only good if you can kite/ have skillshots to dodge, which is champs like Shyvana. In the current metagame, Shy is one of the few tops Rumble has an easier time playing against
//
turn red crystal into Haunting Guise
///
Vs scrubs, get needlessly large rod next and **** on your lane

vs decent players, turn the cloth armor you got into seekers
///

Death fire grasp while not terrible isn't optimal, you want to do a lot of damage to multiple targets, ideally you want to be the guy in front of your squishies. If you choose to go deep into their team thats fine too since you can hourglass + Q. Rumble isn't an assassin, he's sustained DPS and if you care about late game damage his Q will do the most damage late game because of its good ratio compared to equalizer

D

Deleted member

at least i dont make up ****ing ****** lies and im not a ****ing dip**** like you

also, seeing some scrub bull**** like rylais is best item ever on rumble is wrong lmfao

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I'm no expert, but I'm pretty sure Rumble can outrade most melees past level 5 with overheat Qs, unless the enemy ults or you're tanking a lot of creeps or something.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
What masteries do you guys run on Rumble now? I go 21 9 on him. I think the s4 changes made going defensive worse because now you can't get 8% magic pen with 9 points in offence. 9 points in offence is pretty underwhelming atm. Just wanna know what everyone else is running.

Niko45

Smash Master
I was going 21/9/0 for all of s3, still doing it now. 9 in defense is just way more efficient than 9 in offense this season's masteries it's even more of a no-brainer for champions that need to do damage.

Edit: @s2j do you ever get blue pots during lane phase? I've seen some rumbles do that with success but never tried it.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Malzahar jungle is pretty fun. I don't even need a leash and can finish my blue buff losing only around 20% of my HP.. just a blue invade bait though you can jungle without blue just get some mana pots. Malzahar clears the jungle really fast and with proper use of E you don't run out of mana that fast
I actually malz jungle quite often.

Malz jungle is only "hard" up to level 3. Any buff is doable from level 2 if you have your CDs up/the mana. Before S4 jungle, I legitimately used to start mana crystal because that's all he needed to never run out of mana nor never take any damage (as long as he got a leash at 1). I still toss up rushing catalyst or the old-turtle-stance jungle item at this point. Once you get past the second clear your best bet is to just walk into any lane of your choosing and take their turret, return to the jungle for 25 seconds to one shot every camp, then move onto the next turret. Rinse repeat until you take the nexus at 18 minutes.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I usually get E at 2. Makes wolves/wraiths super easy. If I'm confident with getting an alright leash, Q is fine (faster to set up your voidling in base, won't be completely useless to some level 1 shenanigans, lower cool down and better "DPS" than W on all non-super-healthy camps). As long as your voidling isn't tanking stuff harshly at stage 1 then it'll stay alive for all 3 stages.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Shire, runes masteries item starts?
Is dolan 2 with full ap rune page fine?
that would be so manly
You can get away with a lot of everything. I'm sure there's some high level of efficiency somewhere mixed in CDR, armor, AD and/or AP. The only shortfall with any starting choice ever is running out of mana. You do want some tank so your voidling can be babied for the first stage of its life. But basically I go with my generic armor + hybrid rune page and dring2 and stuff like Biscuit, buff duration and life steal/spell vamp are nice masteries (I really like how S4 gives you better options for handling his mana shortfall). Machette + biscuits is probably the safest/easiest.

Although I play it often, it's usually as a response to some form of someone taking a lane from me, so whenever I do it, it's usually a 10 second or less patchwork that I pull off just by knowing the mechanics of Malzahar, rather than runes/masteries.

Last edited:
Top Bottom