• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Grand Old Thread: League of Legends!

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I can see why Liandry's is core, but I'm honestly not too sold on Rylai's now that I'm looking at his kit. It has AP and health, but those stats are probably outclassed by those on other AP items. I'm pretty sure the main reason it's core on Rumble is the passive, but you don't actually need the passive if you only care about single target damage. The only thing that the passive does for Rumble is apply a slow and doubled Liandry's procs on people that you Q but haven't otherwise CC'd. Realistically though, how many people are you going to Q in a teamfight that you haven't already CC'd with your E or ulti? And would you really get enough ticks off on them to justify the 2900 gold that Rylai's costs? I'm undecided at the moment.

Last edited:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
What part of high base damages and near permanent ability damage output to proc the slow don't you understand?

An item that turns his E into basically a snare. Turns his Q into a "you don't get away" and provides health and a decent amount of ability power. The cost effectiveness of Rylai's is pretty frikken noticeable. It has 1600 gold of AP, like 1200? gold worth of health. Oh so the single best item passive in the game is pretty much free? Crazy.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Liandries is good on rumble after 30 minute mark cause tanks getting fat, haunting guise rush before 10 minutes is good on AP's like Kat Rumble and hell, maybe ahri if you want but that's situational and only if you're basically getting it for the health to survive burst from veiger, Leblanc, etc.

Rumble's ult already slows, so if you were dumb enough to rush liandries before the 20 minute mark and delay your rylai's, you'll at least get the double % damage. Rylai's is absolutely a must on Rumble, health and AP helps him and of course the ability to allow him to stick to his enemies if the enemy jukes your spears or even just you being bad and missing your spears, you can still catch em with flamespitter or even ult.

You literally get only 7 items on rumble compared to other AP champs who have at least 8-12 to choose from.
Liandries, Rylais, Death cap, Zhonya's, void/abyssal depending on team, and Sorc boots. Dunno where you think DFG is good on him when his ult is basically offscreen most of the time when you use it almost like a second xerath ult.

I would've loved to play Rumble back in S1, but he's always been fotm which meant others taking top to play him along with rito messing with his numbers for years now until finally the reign of Mundo Renekton Shyvana and riven rule top lane making Rumble almost nonexistent, might finally play him.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
Slush- U dont need to ult them to get double liandrys procs without rylais, each e slows for 3 seconds, which is how long ur q lasts. Thats y u dont need rylais for single target dmg, u just need it to double the procs on champs that r in ur q that u otherwise havent ccd, which i cant imagine would be more than one champ.

Soft Serve

softie
Premium
So one of my good friends, Lightning, got into the CLG camp and has been playing mid for the camp team through the whole tourney they had. It was hilarious watching them get stomped by LMQ in finals.

D

Deleted member

Liandries is good on rumble after 30 minute mark cause tanks getting fat, haunting guise rush before 10 minutes is good on AP's like Kat Rumble and hell, maybe ahri if you want but that's situational and only if you're basically getting it for the health to survive burst from veiger, Leblanc, etc.

Rumble's ult already slows, so if you were dumb enough to rush liandries before the 20 minute mark and delay your rylai's, you'll at least get the double % damage. Rylai's is absolutely a must on Rumble, health and AP helps him and of course the ability to allow him to stick to his enemies if the enemy jukes your spears or even just you being bad and missing your spears, you can still catch em with flamespitter or even ult.

You literally get only 7 items on rumble compared to other AP champs who have at least 8-12 to choose from.
Liandries, Rylais, Death cap, Zhonya's, void/abyssal depending on team, and Sorc boots. Dunno where you think DFG is good on him when his ult is basically offscreen most of the time when you use it almost like a second xerath ult.

I would've loved to play Rumble back in S1, but he's always been fotm which meant others taking top to play him along with rito messing with his numbers for years now until finally the reign of Mundo Renekton Shyvana and riven rule top lane making Rumble almost nonexistent, might finally play him.
no offense, but you are completely wrong. Rushing Hourglass and Deathcap if they suck is way better.

With hourglass, you can be a better baiter and your Q persists through hourglass for the duration. Not to mention you do damage that doesn't blow chunks past mid game

Just how effective is a weak slow in this era of instant gap closers and lame ****?

D

Deleted member

I messed up my grammer, meant to say that rylais is bad no matter what. And I meant to say that Deathcap is a good choice past hourglass if they are bad and you get fed

Hourglass is ALWAYS good

==

i would only go rylais if your team has insane damage in itself, but trusting teammates in solo q is a bad idea

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Pretty sure Rylai's is good on Rumble.
Haunting guise rush is good if doing fine, but dunno about Rylai's. If I laned as Rumble it'd prolly go
D shield > haunting or sorc > giant's if a kill recieved or > if getting kills in teamfight large rod > if behind seeker's > zhonya's > rylai's > deathcap > then finish liandries if game somehow lasted long enough.

Just cause the deathcap is there, I'm not gonna go rushing for it. Need other ap items before the Unique passive really makes my AP jump.

Also while Rylai's slow helps him quite a bit, in this meta the main thing that keeps him from dying (as often at least if no zhonya's) is that 500 health, otherwise if you really think the item is bad on him what other AP item can you go for then to fill that spot for him?
Lich bane? Hextech? nashor's? Chilly mittins? DFG?
Do not say WOTA

D

Deleted member

I'm diamond 1 and have 1000+ games on rumble, Rylais does too little damage, barely slows, barely adds meaningful tankiness. It's bad in the era of Vi's and other bull **** gap closers. It's better to do more damage and play the Ult/CC bait with hourglass.

He is my current best champ, I know everything there is to know and Rylais is usually a mistake in more serious games , but maybe not your babby scrub bronze/ silver/ gold games

Hourglass rushing is better

I'll 1v1 any of you pony ******* and furries, lets go

///

Go Rylais if you don't want to carry your games as Rumble top, that's all im saying

///

In regards to Liandries, Rumble has great AP ratios, so in my opinion its best to maximize 'tick' damage from Q and get deathcap and almost never get liandries. Doing 150+ damage per 'tick' is better, with Hourglass baiting

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm actually plat 4 out of laziness, if I actually cared enough about league like I did back in early S2 I'd prolly be diamond during this preseason.

Also, I don't think calling us out on liking ponies is going to help your case mang. Cause to be honest, even being in Diamond 1 doesn't matter a bit if you're under 60 points.
Especially when it takes you almost 2k ranked games to get there might I add.

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
plus with Rylai's being his second most bought item (56%) of diamond games. Hmmm...

idk i think you're overreacting with statements like "if you don't want to carry games" and "1 vs 1 me bro"

D

Deleted member

plus with Rylai's being his second most bought item (56%) of diamond games. Hmmm...

idk i think you're overreacting with statements like "if you don't want to carry games" and "1 vs 1 me bro"
its a reason why rumble players arent winning as much as they should, hourglass is wayYYYYYYYYY better because you can Q and zhonyas during Q, similarly to swain. that is way more gamechanging than a weak slow/ weak damage/ weak tankiness

also, big whoop if you are diamond anything besides diamond 1 70 lp, just sayin

==

idk what the **** is wrong with calling you a pony ***** or furry, thats what u are

D

Deleted member

That's true, but its also because no one gives a **** during preseason, leading to phail teammates that dont give a **** in ranked

see me season 4, i'll get to challenger playing mainly rumble. Maybe then you furry/ pony lovers will learn that hourglass is WAY better

There is also no glory in getting close to challenger and with 50 challengers its pointless to waste large amounts of hours per day to not make it. It's similar to trying to get high warlord in Wow level 60. The new ELO system doesn't reward people in the top 51-1000~ bracket like the old ELO days. A diamond 1 will only be a diamond 1 no matter what in the eyes of most people

In season 4 though, i heard there will be 200~ challengers at once

///

and ss ss s S S SS SSSS_weet edit aerodrome

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Also where did you play the other 886 games of Rumble? You have 114 recorded, not 1000+.

I don't want to sound nitpicky buuuuut... :drshrug:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I would agree that zhonyas is a better early rush than rylais. I always tend to get rylais after my big firsty (death cap / zhonyas / roa) or second secondy (void staff). I'm still pretty sure it's a good item on him.

Rylai's by design/costing is an icing on the cake deal. Cost effectiveness but by no means a damage spike. Vlad is so ****ing awesome with rylai's but you still need wota first, and usually visage and zhonyas are better to grab early for defense.

D

Deleted member

If you want Rumble lessons, I will sell to any of you pony sluts, even if you disagree with me about Rylais I can teach you everything else. I have learned so many tricks and small things about him and you have to be good at EVERYTHING if you want to make rumble not a bad pick

and at Aerodrome, get a ****ing life. Only dweebs look up my exact ELO and exact games played

@ Shaya Shaya , Rylais after Hourglass pretty much means you aren't going to do damage late game, which is terrible in Solo Q. Doing no damage + weak slow is worse than doing substantial late game damage

Niko45

Smash Master
I'm diamond 1 and have 1000+ games on rumble, Rylais does too little damage, barely slows, barely adds meaningful tankiness. It's bad in the era of Vi's and other bull **** gap closers. It's better to do more damage and play the Ult/CC bait with hourglass.

He is my current best champ, I know everything there is to know and Rylais is usually a mistake in more serious games , but maybe not your babby scrub bronze/ silver/ gold games

Hourglass rushing is better

I'll 1v1 any of you pony *****es and furries, lets go

///

Go Rylais if you don't want to carry your games as Rumble top, that's all im saying

///

In regards to Liandries, Rumble has great AP ratios, so in my opinion its best to maximize 'tick' damage from Q and get deathcap and almost never get liandries. Doing 150+ damage per 'tick' is better, with Hourglass baiting
LMFAOOOOOOOOO A-****ing-men

I ain't good but I knew I was right!

Rumble like 3 nerfs ago didn't matter what you remotely build u were gonna crush people and it never caught on later on that he actually really needs damage now.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
rylai's always feels weak to me compared to other items like dcap, void, zhonyas, and athenes. For 2900 you get a bunch of everything but end up not doing enough in any regard whether it be damage or tankiness. Slows don't even do much anymore with how much mobility people have.

I've seen people rush it on brand to make his comboing easier since his damage is bonkers as it is but no one else can really ever opt for Rylai's when so many other item combinations are keeping rylai's away.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Rumble like 3 nerfs ago didn't matter what you remotely build u were gonna crush people and it never caught on later on that he actually really needs damage now.
That **** was practically spelled out for people when they ran through his nerfs back then.
Players just don't care.

:applejack:

D

Deleted member

old Rumble was sweet because you can rush sorc boots and still poop on lane, woulda been free challenger for me if i abused him then

D

Deleted member

Infract me harder, ****ing pony ass, brawl-playing, **** eating ****, suk my k0k aerodrome

and follow me on twitter @S2JFALCON

Niko45

Smash Master
Rylia vlad is also pretty notoriously bad imo...maybe as a 6th item only. If you go Wota rylai on vlad you won't do any damage at all and bring nothing to the table (cause you're not tanky either). You'd have to be so insanely ahead that it didn't matter that you built rylai. You're not going to kite a riven with rylai there is no point to it. I've been down that road a million times with vlad builds. You won't be tanky enough and you won't do damage. Zhonyas Dcap Void after Wota pretty much every single game.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Rylia vlad is also pretty notoriously bad imo...maybe as a 6th item only. If you go Wota rylai on vlad you won't do any damage at all and bring nothing to the table (cause you're not tanky either). You'd have to be so insanely ahead that it didn't matter that you built rylai. You're not going to kite a riven with rylai there is no point to it. I've been down that road a million times with vlad builds. You won't be tanky enough and you won't do damage. Zhonyas Dcap Void after Wota pretty much every single game.
Usually I go something like hextech > pre-zhonya item or pre-visage item > sorc boots > finish off something > rylais

Split push vlad definitely likes a good rylais imo

Top Bottom